Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iPad 2 almost unusable after updating iOS

13»

Comments

• I might have to grab a couple of those for my kids, as well.

• @asnor said:

I might have to grab a couple of those for my kids, as well.

Look great don't they, and I won't have to panic if he drops it!

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@brambos said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@mireko_2 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Marcel said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Just thought I'd share my experience, just in case any others are considering doing this.

Monzo Jnr is attending a 'coding club', and they require an app on his iPad that only runs on iOS 8+. I've kept this on 7x for years due to warnings about bad performance for newer versions, but finally relented and updated it to the latest compatible version (9x) so he can use it for this app.

The device is now pretty much unusable - typing anything on the keyboard has such a lag as to be impossible, and apps load and run so slowly it's pretty pointless using them. Switching apps, doing anything at all is grindingly slow.

If you're thinking of doing this my advice: don't. You might be able to install newer apps, but running them will have you tearing your hair out.

Hey Monzo, I googled it and found this, hope it helps, good luck
    https://www.gottabemobile.com/ios-9-problems-fixes/

Thanks, I'll check that out.

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@MonzoPro said:
    The iPad 3 is a faster device.

As for typing more slowly, at the current rate I'd have forgotten what I was going to write by the time I got the the third word, 5 minutes later. And for an 8 year old with ADHD it's going to be unworkable.

@Korakios said:
    On old devices it helps a lot disabling transparency, motion fx , wifi and running apps in background .

I'll give that a go, thanks.

I'd read the warnings so it's my own fault. Just thought I'd reiterate it here so others don't make the same stupid mistake.

Actually weirdly enough the ipad3 is slower than the ipad2 on iOS 9.35. Gadget can only run 3 gadgets before it becomes an utter mess. The iPad 2 can easily run 4-5.. It's really that bad.

That being said it works as an aforementioned link enabled drum machine so it's not entirely retired yet.

I think it depends what it's doing, as the iPad 3 has a faster gpu.

I'm going to try a few things - it's for Monzo Jnr's stuff anyway. Strangely Blockcraft - which I thought would run slowly, still seems playable, though it took several attempts to get it to boot up.

Yeah but that faster GPU is used to power the higher RES screen which the processor cannot keep up with anyway. I have an ipad3 and they are probably the worst ipad model design. They run like crap

Exactly my point. iPad 2s are just plain faster.

No, I have both (both running at 9.x) and the 3 is definitely faster in daily use. Browsing, typing, email, facebook... all pretty much impossible on the 2 and sluggish-but-bearable on the 3.

So strange. So it's only faster for gadget ?

Well that settles it in my mind, Gadget code is crap!

• @mireko_2 said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@mireko_2 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Marcel said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Just thought I'd share my experience, just in case any others are considering doing this.

Monzo Jnr is attending a 'coding club', and they require an app on his iPad that only runs on iOS 8+. I've kept this on 7x for years due to warnings about bad performance for newer versions, but finally relented and updated it to the latest compatible version (9x) so he can use it for this app.

The device is now pretty much unusable - typing anything on the keyboard has such a lag as to be impossible, and apps load and run so slowly it's pretty pointless using them. Switching apps, doing anything at all is grindingly slow.

If you're thinking of doing this my advice: don't. You might be able to install newer apps, but running them will have you tearing your hair out.

Hey Monzo, I googled it and found this, hope it helps, good luck
    https://www.gottabemobile.com/ios-9-problems-fixes/

Thanks, I'll check that out.

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@MonzoPro said:
    The iPad 3 is a faster device.

As for typing more slowly, at the current rate I'd have forgotten what I was going to write by the time I got the the third word, 5 minutes later. And for an 8 year old with ADHD it's going to be unworkable.

@Korakios said:
    On old devices it helps a lot disabling transparency, motion fx , wifi and running apps in background .

I'll give that a go, thanks.

I'd read the warnings so it's my own fault. Just thought I'd reiterate it here so others don't make the same stupid mistake.

Actually weirdly enough the ipad3 is slower than the ipad2 on iOS 9.35. Gadget can only run 3 gadgets before it becomes an utter mess. The iPad 2 can easily run 4-5.. It's really that bad.

That being said it works as an aforementioned link enabled drum machine so it's not entirely retired yet.

I think it depends what it's doing, as the iPad 3 has a faster gpu.

I'm going to try a few things - it's for Monzo Jnr's stuff anyway. Strangely Blockcraft - which I thought would run slowly, still seems playable, though it took several attempts to get it to boot up.

Yeah but that faster GPU is used to power the higher RES screen which the processor cannot keep up with anyway. I have an ipad3 and they are probably the worst ipad model design. They run like crap

Exactly my point. iPad 2s are just plain faster.

Luckily Samplr is such a fine tuned piece of code work that it still runs silky smooth on my ipad3. :smiley:

I've said I won't buy any more iPad only apps until I replace the iPad 3, and I was going to wait for the fabled update of Samplr anyways, but...

• @Richtowns said:
    I have a mini original on 9.3.5 and its unusably slow for me with only a few apps. Safari is very frustrating. Cubasis runs well. Sunriser fine. I prefer it to my old xp asus eeepc laptop from around the same time. However I also wouldn't have upgraded from ios 8 even though 8 was a nightmare.

The quality of Cubasis code must be commended. The fact that it runs well on old hardware isn't just a benefit to such owners, but a benefit to all, as it will use less battery on all devices :)
    Keep up the good work @LFS !

• @srcer said:
    Well that settles it in my mind, Gadget code is crap!

I came to the same conclusion after 3.0

Uninstalled it until they decide to focus on optimisation instead of new gadgets or i get an ipad with 5 times the battery life of my current one

• @srcer said:

@Richtowns said:
    I have a mini original on 9.3.5 and its unusably slow for me with only a few apps. Safari is very frustrating. Cubasis runs well. Sunriser fine. I prefer it to my old xp asus eeepc laptop from around the same time. However I also wouldn't have upgraded from ios 8 even though 8 was a nightmare.

The quality of Cubasis code must be commended. The fact that it runs well on old hardware isn't just a benefit to such owners, but a benefit to all, as it will use less battery on all devices :)
    Keep up the good work @LFS !

Thanks for the flowers which I will forward to the team... :)