Audiobus: Use your music apps together.
What is Audiobus? — Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.Download on the App Store
Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.
The TC-Data Guide For Little Tiny Babies
TC-Data is ridiculously good, but also a bit intimidating. So here is a guide for little tiny babies.
- Go to the "Load/Share" page and tap on the "+" sign, then on the "MIDI" option.
- Name the patch, and save it.
- Go to the "Patch" page, tap and hold the "MIDI CC" section and delete it (babies don't like MIDI CC, too complicated).
- Tap on the "On Velocity" section and select: Touch > Random > Random (arrow down).
- Set the velocity range using the sliders.
- Tap on the "Note (Note)" section and select: Touch > Angle > Angle to Previous.
- Set the note range using the sliders.
- Tap and hold near the top of the entire "MIDI Note" section, then select "+ Note Filter".
- Tap on the piano keys to set the scale.
- Go to the Settings > General section and select the type of MIDI Out you'd like to use, and play your favorite synth!
For controller variation, change 6 and 9.
To advance beyond babyhood state, consult manual, and add different pieces to your controller.