Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Something new from Bram Bos...

ripplemaker #AUv3

Comments

• @gsm909 said:

After the week I've had, that's cheered me up no end. Instabuy.

• I was wondering when the Make Noisy Coat was going to drop in price.

• edited May 2017

More info will follow soon.

I'm making this one as much for myself as for others. I'm hoping this will scratch my modular itch so I don't have to go down the Eurorack rabbit hole.. :D :s

(this generative patch just came alive by itself and I was so enthusiastic that I just had to share it... :) )

• Sweet Bram Bos, can't wait, sounds lovely.

If you are looking for testers, let me know, thx

• Instant buy! count me in :)

• @gsm909 said:
    If you are looking for testers, let me know, thx

It's still a bit too early for testing, but when the time comes I'd love some people with interest in modular and experimental sound design to help testing (and perhaps create some presets). You can send me a PM if you're interested. Thanks!

• @brambos can I be a tester too please ? I freaking love modulars. I hope you intend on giving us euclidean sequencer modules and whatnot :)

• Always one step ahead ! Is it the same concept than Kq miniSynth in term of synthesis ?

• edited May 2017

@grego68 said:
    Always one step ahead ! Is it the same concept than Kq miniSynth in term of synthesis ?

It's a pre-wired modular (like e.g. the 0-coast) with internally normalized connections. Why? Because this makes it easy to jump in without having a clue about west-coast synthesis. Shit will work without patching a single wire into it ;)

Then you can go wild plugging cables in willy-nilly and see what happens. It's much more free-form than east-coast modulars (like the Model 15). You can turn the slope into an LFO, or loop it so it becomes a pseudo oscillator. Or you can route the output of the Lopass Gate into the Oscillator's FM for screeching chaos, Use the LFOs for triggering envelopes while modulating its rate with random noise, etc. etc.

Audio and control voltages run @ 4x oversampling speeds, so you can abuse anything as an audio signal or vice versa and it's all at a min. of 176KHz sampling rates. B)

• @brambos said:

@grego68 said:
    Always one step ahead ! Is it the same concept than Kq miniSynth in term of synthesis ?

It's a pre-wired modular (like e.g. the 0-coast) with internally normalized connections. Why? Because this makes it easy to jump in without having a clue about west-coast synthesis. Shit will work without patching a single wire into it ;)

Then you can go wild plugging cables in willy-nilly and see what happens. It's much more free-form than east-coast modulars (like the Model 15). You can turn the slope into an LFO, or loop it so it becomes a pseudo oscillator. Or you can route the output of the Lopass Gate into the Oscillator's FM for screeching chaos, Use the LFOs for triggering envelopes while modulating its rate with random noise, etc. etc.

This sound amazing. My money is ready.

• I'm so into this!

• Wow, this could bring me back to iOS.

As a long-time S_n_oX abuser and knowing how great your stuff sounds. This will be insta-instabuy.

Am I right in thinking this will be AU? That would make it superb.

• @Jocphone said:
    Wow, this could bring me back to iOS.

As a long-time S_n_oX abuser and knowing how great your stuff sounds. This will be insta-instabuy.

Am I right in thinking this will be AU? That would make it superb.

The video definitely looks like an AUx

• I like ... AU too ... Free-form modular weirdness sounds great.

• This looks delicious

• Sorry for hijacking, but did you ever consider to port Cyanide2 into iOS land?

• @dermichl said:
    Sorry for hijacking, but did you ever consider to port Cyanide2 into iOS land?

Cyanide is made by that other Bram ... ;)

• Will it be on iPhone as well?

• edited May 2017

@brambos said:

@dermichl said:

But you can consider it, uh?
    Ironic mode: off

:wink:

• @RustiK said:
    Will it be on iPhone as well?

Yes, I intend to make it Universal

• @brambos said:

@RustiK said:

Well then I am in.

iPhone lacks a good modular (excluding MOD15).

But, I need more "modular"sound than that. For percussive and rhtymic stuff on iphone.

• edited May 2017

@brambos said:

@dermichl said:

Ouch
    :|

• @RustiK said:

@brambos said:

@RustiK said:

Well then I am in.

iPhone lacks a good modular (excluding MOD15).

But, I need more "modular"sound than that. For percussive and rhtymic stuff on iphone.

And the 'Vox of course..

But yeah, Universal is good to hear.

• A modular with au version?? I'm in

You will have your work cut out tho...

• @brambos said:
    More info will follow soon.

I'm making this one as much for myself as for others. I'm hoping this will scratch my modular itch so I don't have to go down the Eurorack rabbit hole.. :D :s

(this generative patch just came alive by itself and I was so enthusiastic that I just had to share it... :) )

"Came alive" sounds accurate. Diggin' this prospect. Cool.

• On the subject of generative Krell(*) patches... some people have raised this to an art form. Check out Todd Barton's Krell experiments. Very nice, if you're into that sort of thing B)

(*) Krell is a reference to the ancient alien race from the 50's sci-fi movie "Forbidden Planet". Their music inspired modular synthesists to recreate similar generative patches using Buchla (and similar) synth modules.

• edited May 2017

the Barrons were definitely beautiful and early modular crazies!! i think there is some better documentation on their autonomous electronic noise 'creatures' somewhere out there..

• Great! Looking forward!