Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Is there a reverb/delay effect that works like a send effect channel

Hey there guys and gals, sorry to have a confusing title but i wasn't quite sure how to sum it up in a title.
What i want to achieve is a reverb and delay effect that works like a send effect in Ableton. For example, i'd like to assign a midi button to turn the rerverb on just for length of the button press so the second of audio that went through the effect still rings out a big reverb tail but only that bit of audio was effected by the reverb. I'd like the same with a delay too, i love capturing lets say one word (when i sing) that delays out but only effects that one word for thats when i pressed the button down. I hope this makes sense, i'm never good at explaining technical things!
I was really hoping the app Quantiloop had input effects like the boss rc505 but it doesn't for the rc505 works how i need it. Does anyone know of any apps that will work like this?

Comments

• edited April 2017

In AUM you can set up bus effects easily, and use the reverb of your choice. If you needed an on off switch, you could use an intermediate channel so you can use it's mute button to just mute the sound being sent into the reverb, so you get the tails.

Don't know of any stand alone reverb or delay effects that have a built in kill switch for the send into the effect, most just have a bypass switch, that cuts the tails off and switches to the dry sound immediately.

• cheers man, i'l look into AUM more, it's got a hefty price tag but if it it works it will be worth it. Is it a stable platform?

• @theinfinate said:

cheers man, i'l look into AUM more, it's got a hefty price tag but if it it works it will be worth it. Is it a stable platform?

Never, ever had a problem with it after a year + of heavy use. The developer is one of the best.

• ToneStack has a Deluxe Memory Guy echo unit (modeled after the Deluxe Memory Man) that features a "Trails" switch that won't cut off the trailing-off echo when the unit is turned off.

• edited April 2017

@oat_phipps said:

@theinfinate said:

cheers man, i'l look into AUM more, it's got a hefty price tag but if it it works it will be worth it. Is it a stable platform?

Never, ever had a problem with it after a year + of heavy use. The developer is one of the best.

cool cheers, i lashed out and bought it, very cool indeed. It definitely does the job!

@kgmessier said:
    ToneStack has a Deluxe Memory Guy echo unit (modeled after the Deluxe Memory Man) that features a "Trails" switch that won't cut off the trailing-off echo when the unit is turned off.

Cool man thanks, this looks cool!

• Pretty much anything can work as a send effect in Aum. Just send audio to mix bus and host the effect there.

• Side note, if you haven't already done it- if you use an effect as a send effect (bus effect), in a mixer like AUM, you want to set the dry/wet control in the effect, to 100% wet.

This is because you already have a path for the dry sound, through the output of your regular channel, and what you split off to the bus with the reverb/delay should just be reverb/delay. You don't want it making the dry sound louder, when you turn up the reverb. You just want reverb coming out of the effect's channel.

• @Processaurus said:
    Side note, if you haven't already done it- if you use an effect as a send effect (bus effect), in a mixer like AUM, you want to set the dry/wet control in the effect, to 100% wet.

This is because you already have a path for the dry sound, through the output of your regular channel, and what you split off to the bus with the reverb/delay should just be reverb/delay. You don't want it making the dry sound louder, when you turn up the reverb. You just want reverb coming out of the effect's channel.

yep, i'm all over that one. Took me a bit to find that sweet balance so there is no noticeable difference in dry volume. Ive figured this type of problem out in the past messing around with routing in ableton live. I'm quite stoked about Aum, it's simple but quite powerful at the same time. I was on a quest of seeing if i could achieve the same live looping setup on the ipad as the setup i was using with my macbook. With Aum, quantiloop and some effects i have pretty much nailed it. cheers man :smiley:

• @theinfinate said:

Sorry for the late really here.
    First of all I love AUM and recommend it to most QL users. However looking at your original question, could you tel me why loading the effect as an input in QL does not work for you ?
    (Please feel free to reply here or at [email protected])

• @quantiloop said:

@theinfinate said:

Sorry for the late really here.
    First of all I love AUM and recommend it to most QL users. However looking at your original question, could you tel me why loading the effect as an input in QL does not work for you ?
    (Please feel free to reply here or at [email protected])

thanks for replying, i forgot to check back here until now. First of all, thanks for making quantiloop! its awesome! The one thing i would like is the input effects to perform how they perform on the boss rc505. If i am singing and i press the effect (lets say reverb) for just a second on then off, the reverb tail sings out over the dry signal. So just that one second was effected, with quantiloop the whole effect turns off and there is no delay/reverb tails. The effect sound ends abruptly which isn't the best for transitions....I have found a workaround with delay by using AUFX:DUB and assigning a midi pedal to the MUTE IN button but for some reason the AUFX SPACE app doesnt have a MUTE IN button. (i hope Jonatan from Kymatica can swoop in, i will be asking him about this) If somehow this is possible in quantiloop, that would be soooooo good! I figured out a way to make it all work with AUM but it leaves more room for errors and app shutdowns and AUFX:DUB is locked to AUM clock which is annoying for i like quantiloop to set the tempo from recording the first loop.

• I've purchased @quantiloop but honestly never really given it a work out. Just a looper junkie! Would be interested to know if @theinfinate's question is possible (turn on the input FX momentarily via external MIDI command).

• @syrupcore
    Yes this is currently possible.

@theinfinate
    A trails option is planned which will let you choose per FX if you want it or not. Send me an email or PM if you want to beta test this...

• LEGEND!! @quantiloop
    thanks so much for helping this looping junkie user out ;)