Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Chordflow now available in the App Store!

Comments

• Anyone here do beta for this?

• Looking for more video now, I found two but both sounded similar as far as output but looking forward to hearing more. It certainly looks fun.

• wow what an amazing app, up there with fugue machne

• Yes indeed this did bring Fugue Machine did come to mind here as well.

• Someone was asking for iPhone version of fugue machine in another post and recommended this app to them. So yes four part fun from basically doodling. AND you can layout whole songs and sections of. MIDI OUT as well!!!!

• Interesting ... might be a more streamlined way (for me) of getting some basic chord progressions going and chopping and changing between them. Not sure I can't do all of this elsewhere but ease of use might push it over the top.

As I said in the 'are you excited?' thread there is always another bright spark with a neat original idea just around the corner ...

• Note that, unlike FM, you can't set each of the four channels to different MIDI destinations. You can only set one midi destination for all four parts.

• ChordFlow by Dmitry Klochkov
    https://appsto.re/us/ykiTib.i

• been beta testing this one for a while. so much fun! glad everybody gets to enjoy it now :)

• I did beta, loved it, it really plays beautifully into Cream, but I'm sure you'll all find great uses, clean and elegant to me, look forward to what everyone writes.

• Dang it to Hell!!! I wasn't going to buy any more apps for a good while. This thing looks pretty sweet and irresistible.

• It's awesome. Great tip on cream.

• I did beta test. Great developer. Quick to fix things and has a lot planned for this app. I plan on putting some videos together for it soon.

• @gmslayton said:
    I did beta test. Great developer. Quick to fix things and has a lot planned for this app. I plan on putting some videos together for it soon.

The audio dabbler has spoken!

• @gmslayton said:
    I did beta test. Great developer. Quick to fix things and has a lot planned for this app. I plan on putting some videos together for it soon.

Get that Patreon going!

• www.patreon.com/theaudiodabbler

I already did.

• @gmslayton said:
    www.patreon.com/theaudiodabbler

I already did.

So you did, I was searching for "audiodabbler".

Consider yourself Patreoned, keep up the fine work!

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Note that, unlike FM, you can't set each of the four channels to different MIDI destinations. You can only set one midi destination for all four parts.

Good to know in advance, I guess MidiFlow Splitter could be used as a workaround?

• @TheVimFuego said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    Note that, unlike FM, you can't set each of the four channels to different MIDI destinations. You can only set one midi destination for all four parts.

Good to know in advance, I guess MidiFlow Splitter could be used as a workaround?

Yep could work.

• Cool App.
    I'm told by the developer that MIDI channels for the four parts is definitely going to be added in an upcoming release.
    MIDI clock too : )

• @iamspoon said:
    Cool App.
    I'm told by the developer that MIDI channels for the four parts is definitely going to be added in an upcoming release.
    MIDI clock too : )

Fugue Machinesque update path, I like it.

• No IAA, no AB--no problem?

• Sorry to be the dozy boy at the back, but if one has Fugue already, what angle/slant/thingies does this offer the punter differently?

• I'll get this if/when MIDI in gets added so I can trigger the chords externally.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Sorry to be the dozy boy at the back, but if one has Fugue already, what angle/slant/thingies does this offer the punter differently?

I don't really see the comparison to Fugue, myself. Not yet, anyway. Imagine if you had a version of fluXpad that was actually useful, then added in Chordbot's song-making abilities. I think you'd like it.

I'm so used to iOS apps nudging me toward making EDM that this app keeps me pleasantly off balance, actually nudging me toward traditional arrangements. It has made me change the way I usually bend apps to my will. I haven't gotten there yet (everything sounds like a Sousa march so far) but it's been a fun process, and running the midi out through Animoog helps.

• I can't find an undo button.... is there one?

I remember fugue machine being launched with only one midi channel as well so hopefully this will get the 4 channel treatment too.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Sorry to be the dozy boy at the back, but if one has Fugue already, what angle/slant/thingies does this offer the punter differently?

They're not really comparable

With this you can draw chords that would be a pain to make manually in a midi sequencer or impossible to play and record if you lack keyboard skills like i do. You can also make arps, basslines etc., all automatically transposed within the chord progression you define

Great app. I'm thoroughly enjoying it so far though AB3 midi compatibility and midi in wouldn't hurt it ;)

• @TheVimFuego Thank you. That is much appreciated.

@jn2002dk I am pretty sure he mentioned Audiobus being his next implementation.

• edited April 2017

@aaronpc said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

I don't really see the comparison to Fugue, myself. Not yet, anyway. Imagine if you had a version of fluXpad that was actually useful, then added in Chordbot's song-making abilities. I think you'd like it.

I'm so used to iOS apps nudging me toward making EDM that this app keeps me pleasantly off balance, actually nudging me toward traditional arrangements. It has made me change the way I usually bend apps to my will. I haven't gotten there yet (everything sounds like a Sousa march so far) but it's been a fun process, and running the midi out through Animoog helps.

This is an absolutely spot-on articulation of my experience with this app, too. If flux pad is too "loose" with its drawing function, this one feels a bit too tight. I keep wanting some swing or randomization in the timing to make it feel less mechanical.