Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Reslice update

Now with choke groups and aif import

Comments

• edited April 2017

+Many Brownie Points to that Dev. :)

(Edit) How to enable choke groups not immediately obvious but it is late here ...

• who's got the best tutorials for this app?

• Very nice, but i still hope they can add a (solo) mode, so we can choose one slice and control the pitch of that chosen slice using the keyboard instead of triggering different slices.

• @TheVimFuego said:
    (Edit) How to enable choke groups not immediately obvious but it is late here ...

I can see the choke groups in the UI but I can't figure out how they work. So we'll need some help here, @VirSyn!

• @Proto said:
    Very nice, but i still hope they can add a (solo) mode, so we can choose one slice and control the pitch of that chosen slice using the keyboard instead of triggering different slices.

+1

• Just tap on the corner of the slice and the choke group line and a little red dot appears

• @BiancaNeve Thanks, my eyes had somehow tuned that out!

• My issue was that I kept trying to select the middle of the slice rather than the line that marks the slice point. It's a clever design but apparently too clever for dolts like me.

One of my fave apps just got even better. Chokes work fabulously.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Could someone explain why choke groups are useful here? Just curious why it's such a big deal.

• Most obvious example is hi hats
    When you play an open hat then a closed one the closed one should choke the open one.

• Oh. I didn't realise people were actually using ReSlice for drums. Makes sense in that context. Was just curious why it would be useful for other things.

• Thanks for listening @VirSyn !!!!

• Best app ever @VirSyn .

• @gonekrazy3000 said:
    Oh. I didn't realise people were actually using ReSlice for drums. Makes sense in that context. Was just curious why it would be useful for other things.

For me it just cuts down on the thickness of too many sounds playing at once. Makes it nicer for micro slicing / editing afterwards.

• @AudioGus said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:
    Oh. I didn't realise people were actually using ReSlice for drums. Makes sense in that context. Was just curious why it would be useful for other things.

For me it just cuts down on the thickness of too many sounds playing at once. Makes it nicer for micro slicing / editing afterwards.

That is definitely a valid point. Wasn't thinking properly when I made my query. Looking forward to mangling audio with chokes now :D

• @kobamoto I would like to think I do. hehe. I am installing the update now to do some tests. I am sure a video will follow sometime in the near future.

• @gonekrazy3000: while the arp is kinda the signature feature of ReSlice, many of us have figured out that ReSlice is quite handy with the arp off as the first AU sample slicer. Therefore, having chokes helps with the hi-hat use case and many others for that matter.

• Nice! I could see this being useful for replicating strum/pluck interplay in string samples as well.

Can't wait to see if @ElGregoLoco can finally sleep at night.

• tck tck tck tshhhtck tck tck tck...
    responsive developer is best developer!

next how about a quick way to assign slices to a midi drum kit so we can more easily use with patterning?

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    @gonekrazy3000: while the arp is kinda the signature feature of ReSlice, many of us have figured out that ReSlice is quite handy with the arp off as the first AU sample slicer. Therefore, having chokes helps with the hi-hat use case and many others for that matter.

hold on a second. it actually works as a normal sampler in the AUx ? D=
    any limits to sample length ?

• @gonekrazy3000 I don't think there are any limits. I have imported 3 or 4 minute files. The limit is the auto slicing only looks at the first 30 seconds but you can manually slice a 4 minute file into 32 slices.

• @gmslayton said:
    @gonekrazy3000 I don't think there are any limits. I have imported 3 or 4 minute files. The limit is the auto slicing only looks at the first 30 seconds but you can manually slice a 4 minute file into 32 slices.

So technically I can trigger a single sample for as long as I need it ? D:

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@gmslayton said:
    @gonekrazy3000 I don't think there are any limits. I have imported 3 or 4 minute files. The limit is the auto slicing only looks at the first 30 seconds but you can manually slice a 4 minute file into 32 slices.

Video or it didn't happen.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

Define "need".

• @VirSyn Wonderful, I love you man. <3

• edited April 2017

Seem to be getting a clipping/crackly sound on mine, when using choke groups with an arp. Don't have this if I just take the release right down and switch choke groups off.

• @wellingtonCres said:
    tck tck tck tshhhtck tck tck tck...
    responsive developer is best developer!

next how about a quick way to assign slices to a midi drum kit so we can more easily use with patterning?

+1

• Video in the works on the new choke groups, long samples, and an attempt to answer the assign slices to midi clips.