Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Navichord v2.5.2 with Audiobus 3 MIDI

‘Lock scale to white keys’ support for external keyboards
- Play any scale with just the white keys
- See [ Settings / Scale / Lock scale to white keys ]

LED Scale Guide for supported keyboards (K-Board, QuNexus)
- Light up your keyboard with the selected scale
- Works with ‘Lock scale to white keys’ too, lights up white keys
- See [ Settings / Scale / LED Scale Guide ]

Audiobus 3 MIDI support
- Several MIDI Sender ports for chord voices and the keyboard
- MIDI Receiver port for the keyboard

IAA sync, IAA tempo, IAA transport controls (Play, Stop, Rewind), Pause/Resume is not supported

Push notifications - get informed about new features and tutorials

Comments

• edited April 2017

Thank you! i'm still figuring it out, but I appreciate you keeping it up-to-date!

• Nice!!!! Navichord is awesome! And so easy to use. Thanks!

• Nice! Just when I thought it couldn't get any better. Time to break out the Qunexus again.

• @Navichord Only last week I was asking @JohannesD to do this very thing as a premium MF app, but since you're already there, and always adding great updates, maybe you can go that last step further by making scales mappable to the (now unused) black keys? See Autotonic. Much better than having to open a dialog.

I've been trying to come up ways this app could fit and work well on phones, and it's no easy task to fit all this functionality onto the smaller screens, but this new feature alone would make it a must have for me.

• MIDI learning an external keyboard to chord pads would be very cool too.

• @Munibeast said:
    MIDI learning an external keyboard to chord pads would be very cool too.

MIDI Learn is already there!

• edited April 2017

@aaronpc said:
    @Navichord Only last week I was asking @JohannesD to do this very thing as a premium MF app, but since you're already there, and always adding great updates, maybe you can go that last step further by making scales mappable to the (now unused) black keys? See Autotonic. Much better than having to open a dialog.

I've been trying to come up ways this app could fit and work well on phones, and it's no easy task to fit all this functionality onto the smaller screens, but this new feature alone would make it a must have for me.

Thanks for the link, interesting reading. The black keys are not exactly unused, they host some out of scale notes. I agree I could make a better use of them :) Maybe map chord pads?

Update.
    Now when I read your comment again it starts clicking with me. It could be a really powerful feature. I will surely look into that. Thx!

• Scales mappable to white keys = killer! Glad it got implemented

• Now... Chords to black keys? ;)

• Great, thanks! Btw, are people able to see the second video? It gets stuck after 17 seconds every time here (while other videos play fine).

Yes, having the black keys change between user selectable scales would be a powerful feature. If the app could also suggest how to fill the black keys with scales that go well together then great! For us with little music theory understanding.

I recently tried to record Navichord chord pads playing into Modstep, and Navichord --> Cream --> Modstep arp patterns. I could only get it to start recording in sync if I MIDI mapped an external controller button to the play buttons of Navichord and Modstep, and then the recorded MIDI had a little annoying offset in the beginning. I guess this would have been easier and better if Navichord supported IAA transport control Play. Is that on the roadmap?

• @Navichord said:

@Munibeast said:
    MIDI learning an external keyboard to chord pads would be very cool too.

MIDI Learn is already there!

Ooh Yeah! Awesome! How did I miss that one?

• @Navichord said:

@aaronpc said:
    @Navichord Only last week I was asking @JohannesD to do this very thing as a premium MF app, but since you're already there, and always adding great updates, maybe you can go that last step further by making scales mappable to the (now unused) black keys? See Autotonic. Much better than having to open a dialog.

Thanks for the link, interesting reading. The black keys are not exactly unused, they host some out of scale notes. I agree I could make a better use of them :) Maybe map chord pads?

Update.
    Now when I read your comment again it starts clicking with me. It could be a really powerful feature. I will surely look into that. Thx!

Yeah, I think I could have written that more clearly. Glad to hear it may be possible!

For the sake of others reading, what I was getting at was that the black keys would each apply a particular scale (eg. major pentatonic, minor blues etc.) to the white keys, so you could quickly switch on the fly.

• edited April 2017

Oh wow, what a great update. I've been looking for a way to light up scales on my Qunexus in ios for ages. I even configured a lemur patch to do it but it was only partially usable. AB3 midi too.

Thanks so much :)

Unfortunately it doesn't work when my Qunexus is connected to my midi interface (iConnectAudio4), all the ports are greyed out in the settings so I can't select the Qunexus port. A shame because I only use my Qunexus this way. Is there a way to get this working via an interface @Navichord ?

• This is one of my most used apps! Thanks for the update!

• Great! Navichord is so easy to use and now on AB3 MIDI.

My updates screen is the gift that keeps on giving ...

• Yep, hopefully interfaces can be supported with this feature. All the ports are there but all greyed out...

• @Carnbot said:
    Yep, hopefully interfaces can be supported with this feature. All the ports are there but all greyed out...

Yes, so far Navichord only supports direct connection via Apple Camera Adapter. This is a new feature and I want to make sure it is stable before extending it further. Actually It will look for the "K-Board" or "QuNexus" substrings in the port name and enable/disable ports based on that information. If it is possible to rename a port to the one of these names, it should work with your setup.

• @Navichord said:

@Carnbot said:
    Yep, hopefully interfaces can be supported with this feature. All the ports are there but all greyed out...

Yes, so far Navichord only supports direct connection via Apple Camera Adapter. This is a new feature and I want to make sure it is stable before extending it further. Actually It will look for the "K-Board" or "QuNexus" substrings in the port name and enable/disable ports based on that information. If it is possible to rename a port to the one of these names, it should work with your setup.

Ok thanks I'll try tomorrow, the iconnectaudio always has a prefix though so I guess it won't work with that interface yet even if I add the name, but maybe I can set up a dummy virtual port with the qunexus name. Worth a try.

• Now I'm mad at myself for never reporting stuck notes in the past. Doh!
    I've deleted this app and reinstalled a few times in the past, but never any luck. I'll try again tomorrow.

Ipad mini 2

• @bleep said:
    Great, thanks! Btw, are people able to see the second video? It gets stuck after 17 seconds every time here (while other videos play fine).

Yes, having the black keys change between user selectable scales would be a powerful feature. If the app could also suggest how to fill the black keys with scales that go well together then great! For us with little music theory understanding.

I recently tried to record Navichord chord pads playing into Modstep, and Navichord --> Cream --> Modstep arp patterns. I could only get it to start recording in sync if I MIDI mapped an external controller button to the play buttons of Navichord and Modstep, and then the recorded MIDI had a little annoying offset in the beginning. I guess this would have been easier and better if Navichord supported IAA transport control Play. Is that on the roadmap?

This version supports IAA transport.

• Great update to a great app

• @Carnbot said:

@Navichord said:

@Carnbot said:

Ok thanks I'll try tomorrow, the iconnectaudio always has a prefix though so I guess it won't work with that interface yet even if I add the name, but maybe I can set up a dummy virtual port with the qunexus name. Worth a try.

Prefix should not be a problem. If you could manage to add 'K-Board' or 'QuNexus' in the end, it is also ok.

• Thank you all for your warm words, my pleasure :)

• @Navichord said:

@aaronpc said:

Update.

AutoTonic here. Please do not attempt to copy/steal my work, you should respect other's ideas … especially when they're patented as well (AutoTonic is also patented for touch devices!).

• @AutoTonic said:

@Navichord said:

@aaronpc said:

Update.

AutoTonic here. Please do not attempt to copy/steal my work, you should respect other's ideas … especially when they're patented as well (AutoTonic is also patented for touch devices!).

Thanks for chiming in. Please PM links your patents, I will make sure they are respected.

• @Navichord said:

Ah, then I was just confused when you in the first post wrote "IAA sync, IAA tempo, IAA transport controls (Play, Stop, Rewind), Pause/Resume is not supported" (my emphasis) :)

• @Navichord said:

@Carnbot said:

@Navichord said:

@Carnbot said:

Prefix should not be a problem. If you could manage to add 'K-Board' or 'QuNexus' in the end, it is also ok.

@Navichord said:

@Carnbot said:

@Navichord said:

@Carnbot said:

Thanks, yes managed to make it partially work when connected to my interface. But has the same problem when I was trying to make a Lemur patch for this. The keys light up but when you press them the lights go out permanently. Does that mean some bidirectional info is not getting through? It's a shame because it's so useful but I've always got my lightening port connected for the audio.

The Qunexus has three ports.does that mean I have to have them all connected for it to work? (I usually just use the first port and not use the others)

• @Carnbot , yes it looks like light restoration is not passing through.
    This feature requires both input and output MIDI ports to be (or contain) "K-board" or "QuNexus".

Alternatively, on QuNexus you could disable local LED behaviour, see https://files.keithmcmillen.com/downloads/qunexus/QuNexus_Editor_Manual_1.1.1.pdf, LEDs Local/Remote.

The Qunexus has three ports.does that mean I have to have them all connected for it to work

No, if you have one direction working on a port, the same port could be used for light restoration.

Btw, how did you manage to rename ports?

• @bleep said:

@Navichord said:

Ah, then I was just confused when you in the first post wrote "IAA sync, IAA tempo, IAA transport controls (Play, Stop, Rewind), Pause/Resume is not supported" (my emphasis) :)

To make it clear :)

Play, Stop, Rewind - supported
    Pause/Resume - not supported (rewinds when paused)

• @Navichord said:
    @Carnbot , yes it looks like light restoration is not passing through.
    This feature requires both input and output MIDI ports to be (or contain) "K-board" or "QuNexus".

In Navichord I can't define an input or output port in the LED scale Guide menu though.
    Does that mean in midi IO page I need to connect the qunexus in and out there?

Alternatively, on QuNexus you could disable local LED behaviour, see https://files.keithmcmillen.com/downloads/qunexus/QuNexus_Editor_Manual_1.1.1.pdf, LEDs Local/Remote.

Thanks I'll look into that. Think I tried it before, can't remember what the disadvantage was for that mode.

You can rename ports in the iconfig App for the iConnect. But then to see them on iOS you have to reset your ipad and connect again otherwise it won't update the names.