Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Great news :)
    AUM + Audiobus 3 is for me the best combination.

• edited April 2017

This update is the next step for iOS music performance. Specifically item 2.

• Thanks for sharing this Ocsprey :) I especially like the BT audio & keyboard show fix for iphone :)

• Woohoo! Sysex forwarding and transpose! :smiley: Thanks!

• "Add transpose setting for IAA/AU synths"

Oh yes.

• Best news of the day, of the week, I mean of the year!

• edited April 2017

@MonzoPro said:
    "Add transpose setting for IAA/AU synths"

Oh yes.

More apps need good transposing (and doubling and halving of playback speed without changing bpm, but of course that part does not apply to AUM.)

Man, I wish AUM had a little Egoist styled step sequencer,

I said: MAN I WISH AUM HAD A LITTLE EGOIST STYLED STEP SEQUENCER! (With cc/au automation lane... yum... dream... etc...)

Edit: although maybe with this update... midisteps is more viable for me...

• Yesss, no more auto-keyboard in landscape on iPhone. Now I can use my phone again

• @oat_phipps said:
    Yesss, no more auto-keyboard in landscape on iPhone. Now I can use my phone again

"Sorry I missed your call, AUM's built in keyboard prevented me answering the phone".

(Sorry.. it amused me..)

• @OscarSouth said:

@oat_phipps said:
    Yesss, no more auto-keyboard in landscape on iPhone. Now I can use my phone again

"Sorry I missed your call, AUM's built in keyboard prevented me answering the phone".

(Sorry.. it amused me..)

Haha, the world needs more absurdity

• @MonzoPro said:
    "Add transpose setting for IAA/AU synths"

Oh yes.

A whole lotta this

• Hot diggity dog, support for momentary MIDI CC's is big for me!

• @cuscolima said:
    Best news of the day, of the week, I mean of the year!

I pronounce it to be the most whimsical jape of the season.

• Curious what's the best choice AB3 or AUM 1.2 don't have money to buy them both? That said, at the moment AUM is twice the price of AB3. Hope this AUM update comes with a special introduction price.

• @mannix said:
    Curious what's the best choice AB3 or AUM 1.2 don't have money to buy them both? That said, at the moment AUM is twice the price of AB3. Hope this AUM update comes with a special introduction price.

It depends. AUM has a very impressive mixer with all kinds of very useful bells and whistles that AB3 doesn't have. But it doesn't have state saving. AB3 needs MiMiX and other helpers to make up for the things AUM has built in.

• @mannix said:
    Curious what's the best choice AB3 or AUM 1.2 don't have money to buy them both? That said, at the moment AUM is twice the price of AB3. Hope this AUM update comes with a special introduction price.

Although not a hard rule, AB if you're more into recording, and AUM if you're more into jamming/performing, but the better question is— how have you been getting along without either?> @u0421793 said:

@cuscolima said:
    Best news of the day, of the week, I mean of the year!

I pronounce it to be the most whimsical jape of the season.

Or a sad, sad truth.

• @Munibeast and @aaronpc thanks! I own AB2 but after intially using it I stopped using as I started to use multiple iOS with LINK so I have direct control over the seperate devices. Probably I still hold of to see some video with the updated AUM.

• All I need is Aum to slave to loopy without link. I don't see this on the list.

• Bigup JLilla :)

• @supadom said:
    All I need is Aum to slave to loopy without link. I don't see this on the list.

Regular midi clock doesn't work for you?

• @Dubbylabby said:

@supadom said:

I can't get it to work. Did you manage?

• edited April 2017

Let me try... I supposed it should work :sweat_smile:

Edit: it works with AUM as master... so let's start a topic to check all the config if you want mate.

• edited April 2017

@supadom said:

@Dubbylabby said:

@supadom said:

AUM can't sync to midi clock.

A quote from the author:"AUM does not sync to MIDI clock, AUM syncs to Ableton Link, and sends host sync clock to all hosted nodes (IAA apps and AUv3 plugins)"

But you could use Midi Link sync if you want to sync to midi clock etc

• @Carnbot said:

@supadom said:

@Dubbylabby said:

@supadom said:

A quote from the author:"AUM syncs to Ableton Link, and sends host sync clock to all hosted nodes (IAA apps and AUv3 plugins)"

Ok. @supadom wants AUM as slave...

• @Dubbylabby said:

@Carnbot said:

@supadom said:

@Dubbylabby said:

@supadom said:

A quote from the author:"AUM syncs to Ableton Link, and sends host sync clock to all hosted nodes (IAA apps and AUv3 plugins)"

Personally I'd go for Carrie Mathison, but not vice versa...

• edited April 2017

@Dubbylabby said:

@Carnbot said:

@supadom said:

@Dubbylabby said:

@supadom said:

There's a technique where you could host an app in AUM which has midi clock and IAA sync like Sector and use the midi clock in Sector to send sync to Loopy, but I haven't tried this myself. It should all sync up with AUM in theory. not sure if it works with Loopy sending sync to Sector hosted in AUM, but worth a try :)

• Cheers guys, I've given it a massive shot from pretty much every angle so hopes are low. The fact that I'm still using AB2 probably doesn't help either. Using Midi Link sync doesn't do it for me as playing with a live drummer I sometimes require all stop/start via a midi controller.

Soz, didn't mean to try and spoil the update party. Enjoy when it is finally out!

• Wow great news!
    iPhone fix is great for me and transpose AUs nice!

• If only AUM could wake audiobus with state saving. THAT WOULD BE GLORIOUS!