Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Bias FX & Ipad Air 2 & Studio Connect

Hi, I got BiasFX working on my Ipad but it does not work well with studio connect by Griffin. I saw a discussion b4 about having problems and updating the firmware on the Studioconnect, which I did succesfully, however my ipad air 2 is still showing latency issues and noise. Any help will be appreciated, btw great site!!

Comments

• Hi, I got BiasFX working on my Ipad but it does not work well with studio connect by Griffin. I saw a discussion b4 about having problems and updating the firmware on the Studioconnect, which I did succesfully, however my ipad air 2 is still showing latency issues and noise. Any help will be appreciated, btw great site!!

• Welcome to the forum. I don't have any of this stuff, but I looked on the Griffin website for you, and there's not much to go on. It might be best to contact Griffin support.

First, double check that your MIDI cable, audio cables, and headphones are in good working order and plugged in properly. Then, try performing a soft reset on the iPad while StudioConnect is powered on and connected to your iPad. To do this, hold down the power button (located at the top right of your iPad) and the Home button (at the bottom center of your iPad) simultaneously. Ignore the “slide to power off” prompt. Keep holding the buttons until you see the Apple logo appear on the screen. Then, let go of the buttons and wait for iPad to restart. If you’re still having trouble after the soft reset, contact our support team.

Good luck.

• Thanks, I tried rebooting the ipad no luck. it only works with older technology like iphones, 4, 4s, 5 & 5s and with jamup not bias fx.

• This sort of digital amp model programs can get really noisy if you add much gain. Or is the noise all the time everywhere? Have you checked the buffer size for latency?

• I have an ipad air 1, and the studio connect with the 30 pin connector. WHen I first got it, it worked really well. I was using the headphone jack on the connect to listen/monitor. I usually play through headphones cuz of my kids sleeping. I didn't like needing to use the gain/volume control on the side, nor the lit up one on the top. I found I needed to have them up pretty high/hot to get the sound I was used to. Then I saw someone comment on how they only use the two, what are they called in the back, RCA adapters? Red and white, or yellow? I have my headphones plugged into it, or my PA/Receiver and it works and sounds great.

A while back, I did have a God awful noise come from the connect when I plugged in. I thought, well my 13 bucks I spent on it was a good time for the last 5 months. O well. I couldn't figure out why it was so damn noisy, couldn't get it to not be noisy.

Fast forward a month or so, I gave it another go, and it works great now, again. I have now idea why, or what I did differently? I have this hunch, that it was either poltergeist, or gremlins, I can't be sure which, only that it was one of them. ;)