Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Controlling Korg Gadget by foot MIDI controller

Is this possible? Most important feature for me is to control switching between the scenes.

Comments

• wimwim
    edited April 2017

Sadly no. Gadget doesn't support changing scenes by midi control. You can control synth parameters, but not transport controls or scene or clip triggering.

• Thanks a lot!

• Well I saw here, that it is possible to change scenes by controller:

So I'm back to my first question: can I do it by some foot MIDI controller?
    For example Blueboard, or others...
    Any ideas?

• edited April 2017

No, what he is doing is taking off the loop on the kontrolstudio, u can toggle it on or off and it drops down to the next if off, but if u look when he goes back to the first scene he has to do that on the ipad

• the korg controllers use a proprietary standard. not midi cc to make gadget do transport control. sadly no other midi controller works. you could probably hardware hack one of them to do foot control though.

• Well, I have to export my music to ableton. I think that It will be easier to find foot controller to ableton... Am I right?

• You could also use Modstep to sequence the Gadget instruments.You can change Modstep scenes and clips via MIDI control - I have done it using my McMillen 12-Step.Works great.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:
    the korg controllers use a proprietary standard. not midi cc to make gadget do transport control. sadly no other midi controller works. you could probably hardware hack one of them to do foot control though.

Even the korg controllers can't do individual scene and clip launching afaik.

• @Kiki_90291 said:
    You could also use Modstep to sequence the Gadget instruments.You can change Modstep scenes and clips via MIDI control - I have done it using my McMillen 12-Step.Works great.

This is indeed a good workaround. I just wish we could control track volumes for the gadget tracks with midi learn. Multi outs would fix this so well.....

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@Kiki_90291 said:
    You could also use Modstep to sequence the Gadget instruments.You can change Modstep scenes and clips via MIDI control - I have done it using my McMillen 12-Step.Works great.

This is indeed a good workaround. I just wish we could control track volumes for the gadget tracks with midi learn. Multi outs would fix this so well.....

I haven't tried this, so I have no idea if it would work, but the 12-Step does have an expression pedal in. You could assign some of the keys to select the instrument and then assign the expression pedal to volume? I don't know if you'd be able to control volumes independently, though . . .

• Thank You, I will try Modstep

• @Munibeast has started to turn his nanoKontrol Studio into a foot controller...

see his pics on this thread...

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/315785/#Comment_314928

• @SpookyZoo said:
    @Munibeast has started to turn his nanoKontrol Studio into a foot controller...

I' thinking about that. Only NanoKontrol devices have "cycle" button

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

A bit late, but you can do this.
    Every gadget’s MIDI learn list has a output/master level at CC#7 (Note this is not the mixer volume; it’s the gadget’s output but serves the same purpose).
    If you have each gadget on a separate midi channel, you effectively have a track volume for each track.
    Hope this helps

• @bato said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

A bit late, but you can do this.
    Every gadget’s MIDI learn list has a output/master level at CC#7 (Note this is not the mixer volume; it’s the gadget’s output but serves the same purpose).
    If you have each gadget on a separate midi channel, you effectively have a track volume for each track.
    Hope this helps

Oh I know the volume works that way. But what I meant was the mixer volumes. Having a visual indicator is very useful.

• volume could be controlled, but switching the scenes - unfortunately not
    They should do Push for Gadget with all functions mapped :)