Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

A BIT PISSED OFF

I have asked, in the begin time of audiobus, a option to let a audiostream from 1 ios to another ios device.
And yes it wil come, they say, but after years it never occure.

Now we have to pay for all kind of "IDEAS" from your "CUSTOMERS" that you GET for "FREE"

Go and shame yourselve.

Nice to have a mixer in AUDIOBUS 3 but why we have to pay for it, and dont get it in audiobus 2.

Most people dont care to pay a amount of money, but this is not normal.

There are other ways to do it without Audiobus, (musicio) (beatmaker2) and so on.

A PISSED OFF CUSTOMER

Hope you are listening NOW and do the richt thing.

Its not only money making

PISSED OFF OR NOT (only for People who have payed)
  1. Are you Pissed off as well?34 votes
    1. Yes I am, and i agree with you!
        5.88%
    2. No man, this is how it works. You need to pay for al your implemented ideas!
      94.12%

Comments

• Wow. Entitled much?

• I believe it's perfectly normal to pay for something new. AB3 for example gives you more than just a mixer over what you still have with AB2.

Also there is a lot more to making something than just 'ideas'. I have lots of ideas, but without the other means to make them into something, they are relatively worthless.

I think we have discussed the question of worth of AB3 in great detail elsewhere.

• Yeah and they closed the discussion

• @addhead said:
    Yeah and they closed the discussion

(On the same day)

• I just lost my belief in freedom of speech.

• So how is that poll working for you?

• edited April 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • i think your right oscar> @OscarSouth said:

I just lost my belief in freedom of speech.

i think your right oscar

• I understand your frustration, but the Audiobus 3 feature-set and pricing strategy is perfectly reasonable to me.

• @OscarSouth said:

+1

• Suggesting features doesn't entitle you to get them for free. AB3 is barely a tenner! The whole system of how developers make a living from the work of maintaining and expanding of their apps is deeply problematic. Personally I wonder if subsriptions are the way forward, not expensive ones but perhaps you pay for a yearly licence or a very low monthly thing. This would encourage more usage of the apps and perhaps change the entitlement culture of stuffing devices with apps that dont get used.
    I mean i was against the subsription idea at first but the gulf in price between desktop applications and iOS has made me think twice about how best to support developers and improve app stability/longevity.

Support audiobus or at least think about what is and why it is happening.

• @OscarSouth said:

I commented on this in another thread, believing in the freedom of speech, but I did put in a caveat for if done in an informative and respectful manner. I think this somehow crosses that line :p

• If you feel you are having ideas stolen then don't post them on a public forum.

If however you want to contribute to the growing of iOS as a music platform then carry on and don't get upset when someone wants to be paid for spending many many hours implementing something it took you 5 mins to write down.

• I belive its my autistic way of thinking i gus

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @AndyPlankton said:
    If you feel you are having ideas stolen then don't post them on a public forum.

If however you want to contribute to the growing of iOS as a music platform then carry on and don't get upset when someone wants to be paid for spending many many hours implementing something it took you 5 mins to write down.

well it's never implemented

• I really don't get how people can use energy on complaints about having to pay for an app update like this. Wake up! In the non virtual world you don't even get a cable for 9,99! Be thankful for people using their time on inventing apps and pay them!

• @Orne33e said:
    I really don't get how people can use energy on complaints about having to pay for an app update like this. Wake up! In the non virtual world you don't even get a cable for 9,99! Be thankful for people using their time on inventing apps and pay them!

If the audiobus team say that they implement it, but dont do it,
    Then i have the right to get angry and mad i think.

I mean its years ago that i say i want a option to get streamline from ipad 1 to ipad 2
    and if the say we do that, but don't...................

• When you buy an app that does not entitle you to demand a developer continues works for free for the rest of his life to turn the app into what you actually wanted it to be. You make an assessment at the time if the feature set in the app is worth the money to buy, and if it is, go for it. If you were mis-sold on the feature set, or if it doesn't work as expected, absolutely you can demand your money back or complain. But otherwise you paid for what you got at the start, anything else is a bonus at the grace of the developer. Sure if they were continually piling on IAP that only make the app functionally useful afterwards unless you pay you might have a cause for complaint, but its not like the Audiobus team has ever done this, and in my experience only ever released useful and innovative features that have been rigorously tested.

I think some people really underestimate how much work and blood/sweat/tears goes into developing an app. These aren't big corporations, these are people that still have to eat, and in most cases are working for less than minimum wage when they could be making quite a good salary coding for some other big corporation, but are choosing to follow their passion instead. They don't ask for any special treatment, its their choice, but don't treat them like your corporate slaves because they're just people like you trying to get by, and while getting a review from a happy customer likely makes their whole week, they can't just work for free for 6-12 months to keep people happy as they have to survive too. Why should someone work for 6-12 months for free when it'll be a thankless task at the end anyway? Would you do it? Especially when the alternative is taking home a much bigger salary and you only have to work 8 hours a day/5 days a week. The equation just doesn't stack up as much as I'm sure you'd like it to.

• It's economics 101. Does this app have value to you? If so, what is it's value to you?

• @Max23 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@OscarSouth said:

+1

^^
    Someone's sarcasm detector isn't working.

Wut?

• We never went live with live device to device wifi audio because it only worked in ideal surroundings. As soon as you're in a city with 10 Wifi networks in range the whole thing is just terrible.

We would have loved to offer wifi but in the end we didn't do it because we wanted to protect our users from frustration. Kind of odd that you're coming up with this now, more than 4 years after we talked about it last.

I'm sinking this thread.

• @Max23 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@OscarSouth said:

+1

^^

I would have +1ed it too. I see @OscarSouth post saying that while he believes in freedom of speech, it's hard to support it when threads like this are posted. Maybe Oscar can tell me if I'm wrong, but I felt this way too. I do firmly believe in freedom of speech but some people's use of that freedom still make me baulk lol. I believe @MonzoPro was just agreeing with that sentiment? Not sure how he's missed anything to be honest?

• edited April 2017

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Max23 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@OscarSouth said:

+1

^^

I would have +1ed it too. I see @OscarSouth post saying that while he believes in freedom of speech, it's hard to support it when threads like this are posted. Maybe Oscar can tell me if I'm wrong, but I felt this way too. I do firmly believe in freedom of speech but some people's use of that freedom still make me baulk lol. I believe @MonzoPro was just agreeing with that sentiment? Not sure how he's missed anything to be honest?

Yeah, that's it. I thought the original post was out of order, as I guessed Oscar did. Don't get the Max23 comment at all.

• @Max23 said:

I quote this (long-windedly, in person, with acting out etc etc) at least once a week.....brilliant and so needed in life generally (and that was true before the internet's invention...)

• @Sebastian said:
    We never went live with live device to device wifi audio because it only worked in ideal surroundings. As soon as you're in a city with 10 Wifi networks in range the whole thing is just terrible.

We would have loved to offer wifi but in the end we didn't do it because we wanted to protect our users from frustration. Kind of odd that you're coming up with this now, more than 4 years after we talked about it last.

I'm sinking this thread.

Why do i hear it now and not then??
    That discussion was never closed And in that time you talked about internet, and i was talking about
    Internal network.
    Thats different i think.

But if it dont work it dont work.

Thanks for the comment, you can close it now.

• I do sense there may be some language barrier issues causing misunderstandings here, maybe? I do see the original post as quite rude and unreasonable in my understanding of what is written, however I do wonder if it's how I would come across if trying to write something in French, maybe?