Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Selective bypass option?

For live performance, it'd be nice if I could have something like this -- ThumbJam and DrumJam in the input slots, JamUp Pro in the filter slot, and headphones/speaker in the output slot. I'm using the clean guitar tone from ThumbJam, and slammin' it through a tweaked hi-gain amp in JamUp, but I want the DrumJam signal to go directly to the output without filtering it, because the drums sound like crap when processed through a guitar amp. I know I can bypass the filter easily enough, but it's doing it for the whole mix, not just for one input. Is it possible to filter the ThumbJam output, but not the DrumJam output?

Comments

• We know that users want this option and we're most likely going to add it to future updates.

• Thanks Sebastian! That's most excellent news! I'm sure you must feel like the juggler that just did a spectacular 5-ball routine, only to have the crowd yell, "Can you do six?" Great job with the initial release!

• edited December 2012

We've decided to keep the amount of features low for the initial release so it's as stable, robust and understandable as possible. Audiobus can do more, we're just not letting it yet.