Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus 3 is live!

Hi all,

We're live! You can download Audiobus 3 now.

We've also updated our compatible apps directory and you can now search for MIDI Senders, MIDI Filters, Audio Unit Extensions, and apps that have been updated to the new Audiobus 3 SDK.

And finally, here's an overview of the known issues and upcoming features.

We really hope you like it!

Gabriel, Michael, and Sebastian
(The Audiobus Team)

Overview:

MIDI Setup:

Intro to Midiflow for Audiobus 3:

Demo vid for Midiflow Splitter:

Comments

• Killer! On it now :)

• And downloaded. Can't wait to jump in. (And don't have to). Big ups to Sebastian and the team.

• Bought!! Thank you!!

• Sorry for this probably stupid and obvious question , but how do I upgrade to AB3 exactly. Do I purchase the multi routing in Audiobus 2 ? Audiobus itself doesn't mention 3 anywhere . Maybe it's a separate app altogether but I can't find it on the App Store

• @loopingstar said:
    Sorry for this probably stupid and obvious question , but how do I upgrade to AB3 exactly. Do I purchase the multi routing in Audiobus 2 ? Audiobus itself doesn't mention 3 anywhere . Maybe it's a separate app altogether but I can't find it on the App Store

No worries: Audiobus 3 is a new app. Use this download link.

• @Sebastian Thanks for the link , wasn't showing up when I searched in the App Store ......I'm too eager I guess

• @loopingstar said:
    @Sebastian Thanks for the link , wasn't showing up when I searched in the App Store ......I'm too eager I guess

It always takes quite some time for Apple's search database to be updated.

• @loopingstar said:
    @Sebastian Thanks for the link , wasn't showing up when I searched in the App Store ......I'm too eager I guess

It didn't for me either, but as it is a quite common problem with new apps (before the AppStores are fully updated) I went through the back door or selecting Audiobus 2, click "all apps from this developer" and voila, it is there. :)

• edited April 2017

Congrats on the release! However, I am a bit disappointed that I have to purchase this as a new app instead of a free update to Audiobus 2. I think I will watch a few video first before I decide to purchase.

• @hellquist said:

@loopingstar said:

It didn't for me either, but as it is a quite common problem with new apps (before the AppStores are fully updated) I went through the back door or selecting Audiobus 2, click "all apps from this developer" and voila, it is there. :)

Yep, that's how to do it. :D

• Gottit. Thanks, guys!

• @nic_b_nice said:
    Congrats @Sebastian !

Thank you!

• Purchased alongside with midiflow for ab3. @Sebastian is there a list of all the new filter apps that insert like midiflow ?

• @gonekrazy3000 said:
    Purchased alongside with midiflow for ab3. @Sebastian is there a list of all the new filter apps that insert like midiflow ?

Yes:
    https://audiob.us/apps/midi/filter

• Wow. Seems like I own them all lol. Hope to see more soon :)

• @gonekrazy3000 said:
    Wow. Seems like I own them all lol. Hope to see more soon :)

I've just updated our database. StepPolyArp is also compatible.

• Congrats on the release....and thanks for all your hard work

• Congratulations to Gabriel, Michael and Sebastian and I wish you guys great success. I hope AB3 can have the same epochal impact that the original AB did.

Whether it's bringing more producers & musicians to the iOS table, helping to convince developers that iOS music production is truly professional & viable or just making all of us longtime users lives a bit more exciting and creative: AudioBus 3 is a game changer and from the 30 min. I spent with it I can only imagine the stuff this bad boy will allow us all to do.

Just going through the initial settings and things I saw my presets were already there, ready to go. Excellent!

• Thanks for posting my video guys :)

• Congratulations Sebastian, Gabriel and Michael. Really pleased to finally be able to link AC Sabre into Audiobus directly rather than through the dark back alley of CoreMIDI :)
    -HK

• Now that I have ab3 installed can I delete ab2?

• @AirCraftHQ said:
    Congratulations Sebastian, Gabriel and Michael. Really pleased to finally be able to link AC Sabre into Audiobus directly rather than through the dark back alley of CoreMIDI :)
    -HK

Yes. this is really good. The prep-phase has been a bit fiddly. Much better now.

• @AndyPlankton said:
    Now that I have ab3 installed can I delete ab2?

After backing up its presets... yeah.

• @Artmuzz said:
    I am a bit disappointed that I have to purchase this as a new app instead of a free update to Audiobus 2.

Yeah, why wouldn't the Audiobus team just give this stuff away?

@AndyPlankton said:
    All your hard work.

Oh, right. That's why. ;)

• Great, bought. 10 bucks is nothing for this work. Thank you!!

• Nice work guys
    You now have my money
    Spend it wisely and keep making my life better