Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Bias on sale

Bias is now down to $15 for the black Friday weekend. I don't really need another amp app, so I've held off so far, but i'm going to get it now. I'm also going to get a Griffin StudioConnect while they're on sale for $40 at Sweetwater. I don't need that either, but I can put it to good use. I might as well give myself some early Christmas presents for Thanksgiving.

Comments

• Thanks for the StudioConnect heads up. That seems almost too good to pass up, and I already have the Jam.

• woa. $40 is less than most charging docks, let alone guitar+stereo audio and midi IO. :)

• Hmmm. From the sweetwater page:

Confirmed compatibility with iPad, iPad 2, iPhone 3G, iPhone 4 (NOT iPhone 4S), and iPod Touch 3rd and 4th generation

Ipad 3 and iphone 4s here. :(

• I was hoping for a sale soon, but this is too soon – I can't spring for it until Monday... Oh well, at least it's not like 50% off or more, so I don't feel like I'll be missing out on a huge saving.

• @syrupcore, the StudioConnect works perfectly with my iPad 3. I bought it last year for $150ish and have no regrets whatsoever. $40 is a steal.

• You are welcome. Good luck if you decide to get it.

Speaking of Bias, I wish they would add iOS 6 compatibility as I would jump all over this. iOS 7 isn't looking too fruitful on a red-headed step child iPad 3. The inter app audio looks very interesting but I'll have to stay safe until Apple gets their OS(h*%) together.

• @Keebo: +1 re BIAS (and iOS7).

• I think the promise of IAA is awesome. However, from what my experiences have been so far, it's a long way from competing with Audiobus' functionality. Bias has been terrible for me in IAA really. I get CPU overload messages after recording for a minute or two in Auria on an Air.

• Can u use studio connect with ipad mini?