Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

just launched LooptunesDJ

I just launched LooptunesDJ. In addition to all the features in LooptunesHD, you can also now have song decks playing in sync with your loops (or vice versa).
Here's an app link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/LooptunesDJiPad/id1199124759?mt=8

Comments

• How do you buy the song decks in looptunes? It shows me i can buy it but don't get how

• edited March 2017

you can buy them only from the iPad version, LooptunesHD. When you update it to the latest version, you can press one of the song deck icons in the app, and it’ll prompt you to update.

• @sonicreef said:
    you can buy them only from the iPad version, LooptunesHD. When you update it to the latest version, you can press one of the song deck icons in the app, and it’ll prompt you to update.

It won't work! Got the last version from the app store!

• Congrats on the release, @sonicreef. I hope you get the IAP issues sorted.

• ahh crap. I thought I had that working.....looking into it.

• I just fixed it...in app store review now.....sorry about that.

• It's a great app. I really appreciate Midi learn in this app, easy to use! Waiting for multi track recording and export.

• what kind of export? it does have Ableton Live export, do you mean something else?

• @sonicreef said:
    what kind of export? it does have Ableton Live export, do you mean something else?

I mean multitrack recording of all 32 clips maybe except the cross fader function. I know it could be quite heavy but would be awesome. Ableton Live eport, exports only loops not bad but Multi tracks are better for post production and editing.

• Hey Sonic can't remember if I've already asked you about this but can you audition the tracks from the iTunes library before you import them or do you have to import first to audition your choice, also does the app have destructive editing of loops (to save space)?

• Audioshare I see. This does look very interesting I must say. Is there to be any video demos? I think I would like to see it in action before committing.

• I can't use the insert Fx for the DJ deck...won't work! Saving the decks is quite rudimentary. Why I can't save the DJ deck? So no saving for parameter or settings?

• Hi, maybe did something wrong but just updated with today's update and still the song deck option somehow does not work. Can you check?

• there seems to be some glitch with the song deck IAP. I pushed a new build yesterday which will hopefully get approved soon.

I also noticed the problems with insert FX on the song decks.
    The song deck cue and loop points get saved automatically. What else do you want to save?

• Sorry for the nube q but what is a song deck? Is it a place to put whole songs?

• @sonicreef said:
    there seems to be some glitch with the song deck IAP. I pushed a new build yesterday which will hopefully get approved soon.

I also noticed the problems with insert FX on the song decks.
    The song deck cue and loop points get saved automatically. What else do you want to save?

Thanks for look into. I like to save the song deck with the track, cue and loop settings. Then when I want to reopen LooptunesDJ, I like to load the last song settings similar as with the loop browser.

• @Richtowns said:
    Sorry for the nube q but what is a song deck? Is it a place to put whole songs?

yes, you can load songs from you iTunes library. Supports NI stems as well.

• not sure how big the market for DVS is or if it makes sense (since everything is/should be in sync at all times, it might not work too well)

• @sonicreef the very last update didn't improve the song deck IAP, still not working. On the other you may have to look to update your Audiocopy SDK, it does not work the AudioPaste option.

• @sonicreef
    you may have to open a beta test for both apps. If you do that, count me in.

• sorry about the song deck IAP issues. I contacted apple about it, since it all seems fine from my end.
    I’ll look into updated Audiocopy sdk, as well as Audiobus sdk.

• @slaq said:
    @sonicreef
    you may have to open a beta test for both apps. If you do that, count me in.

email me at [email protected]

• I just got first reports of the song deck IAP working.

• Hi, confirmed. Now it's working the song deck IAP.

• Yes, got it bought/installed. Having a play. It wasnt intuitive for me, I had to look at your website instructions which helped but even now some of the functions are a bit confusing (when and how to use the top 8 beat repeat buttons). Im not a dj app user however so might be that.
    When I open both play becks they respond in different ways. On the one on the left the division markers dont show up.
    The cue points and loops look great though and Ive got my head around the offset tool which is useful.
    Any chance we can add files from other sources apart from itunes library?

• I just updated LooptunesHD and LooptunesDJ with a bunch of bug fixes.
    Enjoy

• I've just been notified that session loading on the right side causes a crash. I just submitted a fix for it to the App store.

• Additional Crossfader settings/cutting mode would be great for this app. My favorite to date on a touch sensitive device will instantly jump the crossfader to the position of your second touch if your sliding or have your other finger on the crossfader, and then returns to original position upon release.

• I did not do much with Loops, but I have Blocs Wave, Launchpad, Remixlive and ReSlice, and if that counts BeatMaker 3.

Would you say, that LooptunesDJ adds something to my existing arsenal, so that I should purchase it?