Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Recording Gadget into Blocs Wave using the Audiobus Sidebar (VIDEO)

Blocs Wave uses the Audiobus Sidebar really well...

(Posted this in a KRFT thread earlier but just thought I would give it a thread of it's own.)

Comments

• I had no idea it was so easy. Thanks.

• The video makes me wish that it would be super awesome to have 'pop-up menus' in the AB-Sidebar.

Just think about all the tapping it would save the day Blocs Wave gets more 'slots'(ie. just tap the 'slot menu' and select a slot).

• Plus plus on the video. Very clear and inspiring. This is a real step forward for me, and especially if one ends up making a bunch of 8 pad variants and then exports them for playing/FX into Launchpad...

• thanks for the video

• Thanks Audiogus, I've never recorded live into Blocs, I only ever import from Audioshare. Didn't know it was so easy

• Thanks for the awesome video! This really opens up some pretty awesome possibilities!

Hey and your neighbor has some great vocal chords! ;-)

• Very good Mr.Gus, thanks
    If possible please make more

• Awesome stuff! Thank you for sharing this tip AudioGus!

• Great great video. So interesting to see someone else's hands on these apps!

• Thx. Did plenty of this with Loopy, but hadn't thought about Blocs. Good nudge.

• Making videos takes time and we're so grateful you did this one for the forum family!!!

Thanks!!!

• Can I ask a dumb question? What do you then do with the sounds in Blocs? Are the sounds easily organized in Blocs to bring back into Gadget via audioshare and Zurich?

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Can I ask a dumb question? What do you then do with the sounds in Blocs? Are the sounds easily organized in Blocs to bring back into Gadget via audioshare and Zurich?

Off into Auria....

• @AudioGus said:

(Posted this in a KRFT thread earlier but just thought I would give it a thread of it's own.)

Thanks! Exactly the reason this forum is so useful. Wouldn’t have known about this feature in Blocs, which is revealing itself to be more useful than one would suspect. Since you can timestretch in Blocs and export back, it’s a useful complement to the Zurich gadget.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Can I ask a dumb question? What do you then do with the sounds in Blocs? Are the sounds easily organized in Blocs to bring back into Gadget via audioshare and Zurich?

Sometimes I export them to Cubasis, which is quite easy and works really well. I like how the naming references the project/cell etc., but mostly I edit them on a PC Daw. I haven't played around with Zurich much but it seems to access audioshare nicely.

• Great. Thanks for sharing.

• Don’t worry, @AudioGus, won’t blame you for my SIN (Self-Indulgent Noodling). But this “Blocs as Gadget recording device” trick works particularly well when you want to jam with yourself.
    Though this one sounds like just about any other SIN on my part, it’s actually inspired by Malian hunters’ music. Would be harder to do within the 16-bar limit in Gadget itself.

• edited March 2017

This looks great thanks for the video, need to get my head around it, my background in production is more 'traditional", logic etc , so to see how others are using all this cool software on iPad is really useful.

Seems like filling blocs up with a load of gadget stuff then messing with them, creating more the. export to Launchpad to mix might be a lot of fun. Thanks for that comment @JohnnyGoodyear

Definitely going to try something with this approach, I love gadget but variation in gadget alone can be difficult due to the scene based automation, this could be the missing link !

• For iPhone Blocs is now a must have app to combine with Gadget!!!

On iPad Cubasis also does awesome timestretching and so does Auria.

@AudioGus said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Sometimes I export them to Cubasis, which is quite easy and works really well. I like how the naming references the project/cell etc., but mostly I edit them on a PC Daw. I haven't played around with Zurich much but it seems to access audioshare nicely.

@AudioGus said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

• I hope this isn't too dumb of a question, but is there some way to save what you recorded into a pad as a loop in the user library?

• edited March 2017

@wim said:
    I hope this isn't too dumb of a question, but is there some way to save what you recorded into a pad as a loop in the user library?

Yes. It's saved in the 'User' area where all your imported files (top) and then your recorded files (middle) and flattened files (bottom) are stored for future use (and where they can be renamed, assigned a type etc)

To delete them (they accumulate :)), hit multi-edit and then select etc.

• Damn. That was too dumb of a question! Face palm.

• @wim said:
    Damn. That was too dumb of a question! Face palm.

No such thing Mister Wim.

• @AudioGus Thank you for this video! I have Blocs Wave, but admittedly have not really explored it yet.

But, this looks like a great way to create a Gadget->Blocs Wave->Launchpad workflow. I've been looking at using Launchpad more to trigger loops, and this looks like the ticket!

I love creating in Gadget, but I don't end up with a lot of "finished products", just ideas for tracks. This might be fun for creating variations on loops, and then playing them live in Launchpad.

Awesome.

• @AudioGus said:

This is a really well presented video. Thanks for posting AudioGus!

• Excellent video, it clearly shows 3 apps working in harmony, using the AB bar certainly enhances this experience....good job man !!

• @AndyPlankton said:
    Excellent video, it clearly shows 3 apps working in harmony, using the AB bar certainly enhances this experience....good job man !!

Exactly, thanks @AudioGus

• Awww, thanks folks! :blush: