Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ot- op-1 ambient jam

edited March 2017 in Creations

"Limitations" sometimes pull me into different areas. If anything this little instrument is super immersive.

Comments

• So well done. This is at least the second track of yours that has blown me away. This is exactly what I want to be listening to. (I may have sent you an overenthusiastic direct message to this effect — don't mean to freak you out.)

But in lieu of having you populate a soundcloud with tracks like this, what artists are you listening to?

• edited March 2017

@ExAsperis99 said:
    So well done. This is at least the second track of yours that has blown me away. This is exactly what I want to be listening to. (I may have sent you an overenthusiastic direct message to this effect — don't mean to freak you out.)

But in lieu of having you populate a soundcloud with tracks like this, what artists are you listening to?

Thanks so much. I've been obsessed with op-1 videos lately, hence mine,...still figuring out the tape tricks. Crazy instrument, she backwards in some stuff, so forward in others...

Anyways current stuff i listen to that is related is:
    Christian loffler
    I'lls
    Max cooper
    Dominick eulberg
    Apparat
    Hvob
    Recondite
    Francis harris
    Most of these are in a similar vein. Ranging from ambient to moody techno, understated, no crazy risers or sirens etc.

• This little instrument sounds super big.

Like it a lot.

+1000

• @Proto said:
    This little instrument sounds super big.

Like it a lot.

+1000

Price is also +1000 ;)

More curious about the OP-Z. Which can be controlled by iOS devices.
    https://www.teenageengineering.com/products/op-z_preview

• @mannix said:

@Proto said:

Like it a lot.

+1000

Price is also +1000 ;)

Just discovered the price :(
    The first hardware device i hear that really makes me wanna buy hardware again. Such a nice sound.

• I almost sold my whole studio to buy one o these. Still want it bad, but cant afford it just yet.

• Top notch tune.

• i had one and sold it to buy my iPad pro, still think it's the best decision ever. then i had an ad on craigslist for 4-6 small pieces i wasn't using (akai rhythm wolf, couple pedals, korg taktile, etc) and some dude offered me a trade for the lot plus 150. just fell into my lap, i initially did the trade figuring i would sell the op much easier than the other "junk" but have fallen in love with it.

compared to ableton or even gadget it is crazy limited, you have to give in trying to do what you "should" and let it take you where it takes you. soundwise it is nice but you can get better sounds with the good iOS apps. and no fadein/fadeout/zero crossing points for loops so i find it almost impossible to not get pops and clicks. where it shines though is the expressive power, you can even shake it and assign the shakes to any parameter (of amp, or synth or fx). that's just one of the modulation universes. and learning the tape trick magic (which i am just getting into) and play the recorded sounds like an instrument. and nothing is smaller and more portable, charge holds for like 16 hours, just plug it into the wall like a phone. oh and crazy easy sampler, from radio or even onboard mic or cable from phone. choose whether you want to slice and chop it or pitch it across keyboard with no fuss.

but still, a well stocked and capable iPad and couple of controllers is most important.

• This is excellent!!! A friend of mine was playing with one of those a month ago (borrowed from another friend) and his results were ok. It this it a couple orders of magnitude more impressive. Bravo!

• OK, Max Cooper is fantastic. Thanks for that. Should keep me going till AB3 drops at least....

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    OK, Max Cooper is fantastic. Thanks for that. Should keep me going till AB3 drops at least....

Yup. His albums vary a lot, supposedly a nueroscientist who got into music. Very trippy.

• edited March 2017

@vpich said:
    .... and no fadein/fadeout/zero crossing points for loops so i find it almost impossible to not get pops and clicks...

Nice work my friend. Nice listen.
    The latest OS was supposed to address the pop and clicks by adding micro fades, i think, but definitely supposedly addressed the issue. Is it not any better? Or is it only improved but still happens? Do you have the latest update?

• @Blipsford_Baubie said:

@vpich said:
    .... and no fadein/fadeout/zero crossing points for loops so i find it almost impossible to not get pops and clicks...

The latest OS was supposed to address the pop and clicks by adding micro fades, i think, but definitely supposedly addressed the issue. Is it not any better? Or is it only improved but still happens? Do you have the latest update?

Thanks. I have the latest update and as far as i know based on hunting for answers this has not been solved. Maybe it's better but not solved. It's hit or miss though, sometimes i get popless loops.

• @vpich said:
    "Limitations" sometimes pull me into different areas. If anything this little instrument is super immersive.

very nice.... can you run down the details of exactly what you are doing here?

looks like we've got a couple of op-1 svengalis on the forum, ice pulse makes the best op-1 hiphop I've ever heard

• @kobamoto well i recorded 4 tracks of loops which i bring in one at a time. The arpeggiator in the new update is awesome and you can apply aick modulation to the patterns. Copied the loops and overdubbed more stuff over them. Then tab over to the next loop, play some notes, mute and solo tracks, Played with the rewind button. Output goes through a boss rv5 reverb pedal into logic, where i applied a limiter and bounced it. Lots of fun

• Yeah, four mono tracks which then come out stereo after the master fx.

• cool thanks

• @vpich said:

@Blipsford_Baubie said:

@vpich said:

Thanks. I have the latest update and as far as i know based on hunting for answers this has not been solved. Maybe it's better but not solved. It's hit or miss though, sometimes i get popless loops.

You need to turn off the loop and record past the loop point, then set the loop again. No pops.

• @KlaatuNinja said:

@vpich said:

@Blipsford_Baubie said:

@vpich said:

You need to turn off the loop and record past the loop point, then set the loop again. No pops.

Thanks. Will try that.

• @mannix said:

@Proto said:

Like it a lot.

+1000

Price is also +1000 ;)

the op-z seems crazy cool, supposedly will be cheaper. and can control lights and video animations, so you can sequence that stuff in and it responds to button pushes, etc. should be way cool to have more control of every aspect.