Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Youtube to Audioshare

Step1: copy link from youtube...

Step2: paste link into PlayerXtreme and hit play

Step 3: hit the little target icon in the lower right corner and select the resolution of the video you want (this one only has one).

Step 4: download it then go to the video library

Step 5: hold down on video, select more, then 'open with'

Step 6: hello audioshare...

Comments

• Can this be done without signing into google+?

• @Arpseechord said:
    Can this be done without signing into google+?

Probably. I doubt PlayerXtreme needs you to be signed in and I am pretty sure you can copy youtube links from the youtube app without being signed in.

• @AudioGus said:

@Arpseechord said:
    Can this be done without signing into google+?

Probably. I doubt PlayerXtreme needs you to be signed in and I am pretty sure you can copy youtube links from the youtube app without being signed in.

Very good will experiment, thanks

• edited March 2017

No prob!

• This is fantastic to know. I have been using YouTube download sites, but it has been getting more difficult as they have become more dependent on JavaScript.

Playerxtreme is also the best way to play AVI's from a remote server. It play as many other video file formats. Lately I've been watching some Chapelle show him some old FLV format.

• edited March 2017

Tried three videos. Will only load 50% than says unable to play file? Unrecognized file format
    Any idea?

• @Arpseechord said:
    Tried three videos. Will only load 50% than says unable to play file? Unrecognized file format
    Any idea?

Odd! I just got a whole bunch... latest OS?

• @AudioGus said:

@Arpseechord said:
    Any idea?

Odd! I just got a whole bunch... latest OS?

iPad mini 2 iOS 10.2.1
    Tried about five videos and loads to 50% then unrecognized file format?

• Crappy! I am batting seven for seven.

• @AudioGus said:
    Crappy! I am batting seven for seven.

Argh :# Oh well at least I tried :)

• @Arpseechord said:

@AudioGus said:

Is your youtube app up to date? playerxtreme seems to host the youtube app inside of itself.

• @AudioGus said:

@Arpseechord said:

@AudioGus said:

Is your youtube app up to date? playerxtreme seems to host the youtube app inside of itself.

Yup youtube up to date? I just tried Vimeo and it worked , now I'll see to get it in audioshare
    Youtube can't figure that out

• edited March 2017

Ok I successfully downloaded a video from Vimeo and opened it in Audioshare!
    Very good
    Youtube :(
    Just noticed when I queue a video in Youtube the bottom target option for downloading doesn't pop up! Glitch :)

• great tip, thanks!

• Obviously, don't do any of this unless you actually own the material in question.

• @Arpseechord said:
    Any idea?

Just out of curiosity, did you try the m4a downloads?

• @AudioGus said:

@Arpseechord said:
    Any idea?

Just out of curiosity, did you try the m4a downloads?

When in youtube there's no target in bottom right corner therefore no options for m4a

• @u0421793 said:
    Obviously, don't do any of this unless you actually own the material in question.

Good advice , think I'll heed and delete. The technical issues are trying to tell me something........

• @u0421793 said:
    Obviously, don't do any of this unless you actually own the material in question.

Indeed, my only question for this thread was "...but...why?".

I mean, why would I want to download someones video audio and put it on my SoundCloud? I fail to see the incredible application for this, even though it obviously is technically possible, just like I can upload all kinds of music I have in my MP3 collection (but for obvious reasons choose not to). Also, for all my songs on youtube, I obviously would prefer to upload the original audio directly to SoundCloud without first having to create a video on YouTube for them...how/when/where/why do you guys use this? What is the gain? I'm clearly missing something. :)

• @hellquist said:

@u0421793 said:

I mean, why would I want to download someones video audio and put it on my SoundCloud? I fail to see the incredible application for this, even though it obviously is technically possible, just like I can upload all kinds of music I have in my MP3 collection (but for obvious reasons choose not to). Also, for all my songs on youtube, I obviously would prefer to upload the original audio directly to SoundCloud without first having to create a video on YouTube for them...how/when/where/why do you guys use this? What is the gain? I'm clearly missing something. :)

You don't sample at all?

You like vapor?

You like hip hop?

Chris Lake said it best, as he said what Avicci told him, why spend hours trying to replicate a kick, just use it.

• edited March 2017

You could get some vocal samples, nature sounds or whatever, also learn some tunes by opening them in anytune etc.

• @RustiK said:

You don't sample at all?

I do, but was thinking this was more "download the audio from a video to upload it to soundcloud". :)
    I sample quite wildly from all over the place, I'm one of those that lost count of how many hours I spent in a radio amateur forum listening to various sound clips to find "just the right one" etc. I've sampled loads from movies as well. I just thought this was a smooth flow of downloading the audio from a YT video to upload it to SC, which I failed to understand, but yeah, if sampling is the purpose of the original download, I get it.

You like vapor?

I have honestly never heard of it.

You like hip hop?

Not much. Well, I think some of it is decent, but it is definitely not something I do.

Chris Lake said it best, as he said what Avicci told him, why spend hours trying to replicate a kick, just use it.

Agreed on that too. :)

• @hellquist said:

@RustiK said:

You don't sample at all?

I do, but was thinking this was more "download the audio from a video to upload it to soundcloud". :)

erf?

• Great for sampling some documentary or old movie voices. Thanks for sharing.

• @Proto said:
    Great for sampling some documentary or old movie voices. Thanks for sharing.

No prob, I just Egoist-ed some bird sounds. 8)

• @hellquist said:

@u0421793 said:

This is called the art of sampling.
    Have you never lisened to Shadow, Jazzanova, Amon Tobin, Forss, Avalanches, Skalpel or any Ninja Tune stuff ?
    Here is a great example what you can do by only using samples and create something completely new.
    One of the best sample based albums i ever heard. :)

• @Proto said:
    This is called the art of sampling.
    Have you never lisened to Shadow, Jazzanova, Amon Tobin, Forss, Avalanches, Skalpel or any Ninja Tune stuff ?
    Here is a great example what you can do by only using samples and create something completely new.
    One of the best sample based albums i ever heard. :)

Thanks. I still don't see how downloading the audio from a YT clip and putting it on SC would be beneficial. Obviously the "sample the shit out of it and put the samples in your own tune before uploading THAT to SC" was the part I missed.

And yeah, I know what sampling is, having been in signed acts that made a living off industrial and metal we sampled the shit out of what we could get our hands on. It was the workflow in between I missed.

@AudioGus said:
    erf?

Bless you.