Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Seekbeats is on sale at $6.99

Love this one, not least for it's generative elements. Randomize everything!
SeekBeats Drum Machine Synthesizer by Rodrigo Yanez
https://appsto.re/dk/W3xOO.i

Comments

• @DeVlaeminck said:
    Love this one, not least for it's generative elements. Randomize everything!
    SeekBeats Drum Machine Synthesizer by Rodrigo Yanez
    https://appsto.re/dk/W3xOO.i

I've let the sales on this one come and go without biting a couple times now. How does this one fit in if you've already got apps like DM2, Elastic Drums, and Patterning?

• It is for your lead drummer - the drum equivalent of Angus Young.

• The sounds are fantastic. Seekbeats has excellent stock sounds, and the per step modulations are better than any drum synth I own. Plus the crazy randomization function. The aesthetics are a little out-of-date, but that's the only drawback. It's a must-have, I think.

• I like the sounds but it could use an export feature like in Elastic Drums.

• edited March 2017

Seekbeats has multiple outs, I believe. But you mean Ableton export? (It also does have Link.)

• edited March 2017

@ExAsperis99 said:
    The sounds are fantastic. Seekbeats has excellent stock sounds, and the per step modulations are better than any drum synth I own. Plus the crazy randomization function. The aesthetics are a little out-of-date, but that's the only drawback. It's a must-have, I think.

This video moved my finger slightly toward the buy button. It's also a small download, universal, and looks like a very user friendly interface. It's just that I've already got so many apps like this. Forever Beats is the latest acquisition and also has midi out now, but kind of different in use.

Might have a quick play with the others I already have and see if I might be able to squeeze in one more. The way the randomization is handled so that you can dial in the weirdness to taste is a big draw for me.

Just watched the Pants of Death demo (maybe my favorite demo video makers for app detail and even analysis)

• Yeah, that's a great demo, and I love the app, though it's not as fun to play as Patterning, to be sure. But I have far more success coming up with good sounds in this than I do in DM2, for instance, which is usually the aural equivalent (for me) of mixing a color until it's shit brown....

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Yeah, that's a great demo, and I love the app, though it's not as fun to play as Patterning, to be sure. But I have far more success coming up with good sounds in this than I do in DM2, for instance, which is usually the aural equivalent (for me) of mixing a color until it's shit brown....

Agree. Though the free TweakyBeats app by the same dev, is by far my favorite. I wish TB would have more possibilties though.

TB free
    https://itunes.apple.com/dk/app/tweakybeat/id330051410?mt=8

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Seekbeats has multiple outs, I believe. But you mean Ableton export? (It also does have Link.)

Audio pattern or song export. I prefer this when composing in a DAW.

• edited March 2017

If you are a drumsynth fiend like me it's a must have. It's well supported and sounds cool with lots of detailed synthesis possible. I use ED for pattern and stem export, as its almost a workstation unto itself. I think of Seakbeats as a multitimbral drum synth module, separate tracks for each voice, something ED doesn't do, at least not yet...

• I rarely use it in finished productions, but I have spent many hours just enjoying playing around with it. A fun app (and deep if you need it to be)

• I've had this forever but hardly use it, I should really get into the selective random generative stuff more, it is cool.

But essential if you have other beat-making options? Debatable.

• I'll put it this way. Did a "bunch of drum apps I never use and don't foresee using" purge last night. SeekBeats remained right where I left it. I think at the sale price, it's a very good deal :sunglasses:

• For me, the thing about seekbeats is the punch. Something about those envelopes...

• edited March 2017

Very good App but can't sync it with Auria or Cubasis

• Seekbeats is really impressive sounding.

• never really left a lasting impression with me, but i do like the randomizing buttons, if not abused. it's universal, which is a huge plus for me. will give it another go. i must have gotten it at another sale. i don't think i would have gotten it at more than this sale price since i grabbed it when i first picked up my iPad and was getting tons of stuff

• @Denzkps said:
    Very good App but can't sync it with Auria or Cubasis

MIDI sync issues? :'(

• My issue with Seekbeats is no audiocopy. I'd love to drop beats in Gadget like Figure allows me to do.

• Use it often. The possible sounds, flexible sequencing, ease of use and the very small footprint makes it essential on my 16GB iPhone.

• For some reason I never get synth drum sounds that satisfy what I'm looking for from elastic and DM2. Only Seekbeats, MoDrum, and of course Ruismaker and Ruismaker FM scratch that itch. Seekbeats is definitely worth it IMO.

• @Thomas said:
    My issue with Seekbeats is no audiocopy. I'd love to drop beats in Gadget like Figure allows me to do.

You do this via Bilbao (currently)?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Thomas said:
    My issue with Seekbeats is no audiocopy. I'd love to drop beats in Gadget like Figure allows me to do.

yeah
    works like a charm!

• I was very hesitant about this one... but finally pulled the trigger for this sale. Almost instantly had buyer's remorse considering all of the other similar apps like this I already have... that is, until I spent a little time with it.

Sending out each of the 8 voices individually to 8 different channels with fx in AUM is VERY cool.

The envelope adjustments are also VERY cool.

I haven't spent enough time with it yet, but so far... I think it's a keeper!! :)

• @Thomas said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Thomas said:

yeah
    works like a charm!

Ta. Will try....

• Pretty epic machine although I have a few quibbles with operating it.

Confusing : mute/solo don't seem to work/behave when using multiple outputs in AB (possibly master effects bleeding into each output somehow?)

Omission : no mixer page for setting levels of each part seems inconvenient.

No problems with MIDI sync from Cubasis though. Just needs to be set to receive clock from virtual MIDI input.

• Bump this one, as a similar sale is on right now. Only for a few days though.

• @Thomas said:

This was an omission, but has been added as of 4/25, export patterns via ACP or email

• Huh, I forgot this guy had multiple outs...

Hmmm

• @DeVlaeminck said:
    Bump this one, as a similar sale is on right now. Only for a few days though.

@DeVlaeminck said:
    Bump this one, as a similar sale is on right now. Only for a few days though.