Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BeatHawk 2 is live

That's what I said. BeatHawk by UVItouch
https://appsto.re/us/4CRcY.i

AU, universal...

Comments

• Wowza.

What’s new in version 2?

• NEW! Now available for iPhone (5 and newer)
    • NEW! Interface optimized for each iPhone device
    • NEW! Now available as an AudioUnit V3 plugin
    • NEW! Piano Roll Editor for writing and editing Note and MIDI CC
    • NEW! Support for Ableton Link
    • NEW! Export as Ableton Live project
    • NEW! Automate parameters with MIDI Learn
    • NEW! Paste audio directly to pads with AudioCopy
    • NEW! Copy/Paste pads with clipboard
    • NEW! Scale selection in Pitch Mode
    • NEW! Loops Markers in Song Mode
    • NEW! Accelerometer Velocity and 3D Touch support
    • UPDATE! Improved readability in UI
    • UPDATE! Improved help section
    • UPDATE! MIDI channel support added to preferences
    • UPDATE! Improved In-App purchase experience
    • UPDATE! AudioCopy updated to v3.2
    • UPDATE! Support for multiple touches on a single pad
    • UPDATE! Pattern change during playback now snaps to bar
    • UPDATE! Mutes now record in Song mode
    • FIX! Added hard fixes per IAA / AUv3 host (Auria, Cubasis)
  • edited March 2017

Not on my App Store :(

• downloading on my iPhone. It better be as fun as you guys say!

• Oh it's a free update... whoops

• Is there no improvement to sample chopping?

• Awesome!!!!!!
    Darn away from wifi :s

• Oh my god. Au host that has 16 tracks with ableton export. I think I might be in love.
    Can someone thoroughly test this please ? Would like to see how stable 2.0 is and if it has bugs etc. Does it have automation for AU parameters ?

• Oh darn it. I misread it. I'm guessing it's an Au itself and doesn't host aus itself ?

• edited March 2017

(Beta tester here). My favorite parts of the update are: it's on the iPhone; the expand keyboard (especially for the iPhone), and the piano roll midi editing. Being an AudioUnit is very cool, and was the most surprising added feature, but the other stuff has really won me over

• How does this AU thing work? You can really host it as an AU to other apps? If so, whatnlimitations there are in the AU?

• BeatHawk is an AU??? Awesome!!!

• no its an AU instrument not a host, so you can use a step sequencer in the AU slot to play samples etc. Not really had a proper go yet though...

• You can use its sounds as a sound module so many awesome cool features!

• @mireko_2 said:
    Is there no improvement to sample chopping?

Very interested in that. Anyone have insight?
    But this seems like a real bargain.

• Oh boy...off to the App Store I goes!!!

• Oh my god, I think I've just leaked a bit of sex wee.

• Really hoped this would at least have a zoomed in sample editor with sample chopping. Been waiting for a long time for this and bit sad that sampling has been neglected. It is still able to chop using the old mpc copy pad method.
    Doesn't seem the timestrech works very well either :(
    Ah well next stop bm3

Great that the rest of you like it though :)

• And no AudioShare support?

• I have an iPhone 6, and I'm not seeing it in the store.

• @Icepulse said:
    And no AudioShare support?

Yup another big surprise, audiocopy and icloud

• beathawk wins the race lol

• @mireko_2 said:
    Really hoped this would at least have a zoomed in sample editor with sample chopping. Been waiting for a long time for this and bit sad that sampling has been neglected. It is still able to chop using the old mpc copy pad method.
    Doesn't seem the timestrech works very well either :(
    Ah well next stop bm3

Great that the rest of you like it though :)

Wow, you're in and out already?
    The videos are pretty impressive.
    https://www.uvi.net/beathawk.html#videos

It seems that the business model is to sell sound packs and loops and so on.
    But the whole thing is really well designed and responsive and impressively deep. The sample editor is on par with what you get in AudioShare, but with the ability to send to pads.

• What I find most impressive about BeatHawk is that somehow or another I get to write songs in it more easily than almost anywhere else. That's it.

• I was hoping for more refined sample editing too but the AUv3 extension is a pretty big deal so I'm happy to play with that. It seems like you have almost everything included in the AU version, even the song mode, which is unexpected....

• I literally deleted it this am in lieu of Sampletank due to its issues

Great back to delete that now....LOL

• @Icepulse said:
    And no AudioShare support?

You can access AudioShare via 'iCloud Drive'(3 cyan line and select iCloud - Import File).
    Select AudioShare from the location menu.

It's also possible to send samples to BH2 using 'Open In...' from AudioShare.

What bums me the most about the BH2 update is still the lack of input-monitoring and no way to trim or normalise the samples or do any kind of editing (other than making a selection of 'what to play' and enable stretch).

Why UVI why?????

• My problem is that it has no AudioShare. I literally have all my samples and stuff I've recorded from synths in there. So I guess I'll pass. I loathe using AudioCopy. And the internet here in Goa is too spotty to even keep iCloud enabled.

• Great now that the beans have been spilled, here's a tip:

You can load MULTIPLE instances of Beathawk (with the same project if you want) in the same AU Host (AUM, GarageBand). And it freaking syncs!!!

It's been a joy to test!

• @mireko_2 said:
    Is there no improvement to sample chopping?

Unfortunately my idea didn't make it into the iPad app.
    They did do something on the iPhone version. You can see the sample full screen and adjust both the endpoints.