Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus and ToneStack problem

i am using Audiobus very happily, but i have a problem with it and ToneStack 3. i have an iPad Air 2, with the latest iOS.

my setup: i use an iRig to plug into the iPad. in AudioBus, ToneStack is in the first (input) slot, then FluxFX, then out to the iPad output.

mostly it works fine, i can save the state of ToneStack and FluxFX and recall them, but when i recall the preset in AudioBus, ToneStack makes no sound until i open the ToneStack app itself.

in other words, the ToneStack state is recalled, but its output is muted until i actually open the ToneStack app.

am i doing something wrong? is there a setting i need to change somewhere? i’ve tried turning ToneStack's background audio feature off and back on, neither state helps.

thanks in advance...

Comments

• Have you tried it without fluxfx to see if it makes any difference?

• good idea - taking fluxfx out makes audiobus work fine with tonestack; adding it back in causes problems. i guess the problem may well be with fluxfx...thanks

• well...fluxfx works fine on its own, as well. it's the combination of the two in audiobus that gets wonky and unpredictable, to the point i can't use them together in audiobus. maybe the update will fix it?

• With these kinds of behaviors, I always wonder if the problem is on the host's or effect's side. More likely the latter, though I'm curious to see how it behaves with AB3.

I use Stereo Designer all the time, and it's super-finicky, but that seems to be the case whether I use it with AB or Auria.

• FWIW, I see this issue with Tonestack in AB all the time. It's just become part of my initial setup to go back to Tonestack after setting up everything in AB to go back to Tonestack to get sound flowing.

• @stringtheory said:
    well...fluxfx works fine on its own, as well. it's the combination of the two in audiobus that gets wonky and unpredictable, to the point i can't use them together in audiobus. maybe the update will fix it?

>
    Did you try to insert Flux FX directly in your signal path within Tonestack instead of adding it in AB's effect slot ?

• Audiobus 3 might not change much about this behaviour because it's probably something that's triggered by fluxFX which then messes with all other audio apps. It's likely that the developers of fluxFX need to fix this on their end. Have you tried contacting them?