Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Latin Percussion for iOS?

Looking for a light weight percussion library/instrument on iOS does this exist? On desktop I use the percussion menu in Stylus RMX.

Just need the basics: congas/bongos/woodblocks/chimes spread out as one patch across the keyboard

Comments

• edited March 2017

Afro-Latin Drum Machine by our friend Luis who also brought us Rock Drum, Soft Drummer, Funk Drummer etc ?

• All of the Luis Martinez are amazing.
    Drumjam has good samples and loops too.

• I have AfroLatin Drum Machine but as far as I can tell it's loops only? Currently I want to manually sequence/MIDI edit the percussion. So just looking for the sounds.

• edited March 2017

@realdavidai
    For sequencing, with many templates of many styles, and many perc instruments, the best I know of is Beat Vibe for iPad by Guy Shaviv
    https://appsto.re/us/i4q3w.i

Is attached to an online community, and has a ton of downloadable patterns and templates. (A backlog from years ago, but plentiful) This app is a real stealth weapon in my view.

• @Littlewoodg said:
    @realdavidai
    For sequencing, with many templates of many styles, and many perc instruments, the best I know of is Beat Vibe for iPad by Guy Shaviv

Is attached to an online community, and has a ton of downloadable patterns and templates. (A backlog from years ago, but plentiful) This app is a real stealth weapon in my view.

Many Thanks...looks interesting, doesn't appear to have IAA though, in an ideal scenario I would prefe to use the Cubasis or Garageband MIDI editor

• If you are into a soundfont solution, the EMU Planet Earth soundfonts are particularly good IMHO. Bs-16i is my go to sf2 player. Auria,MTS daws support sf2 as well as I am sure others.

• @Moderndaycompiler said:
    If you are into a soundfont solution, the EMU Planet Earth soundfonts are particularly good IMHO. Bs-16i is my go to sf2 player. Auria,MTS daws support sf2 as well as I am sure others.

Real good idea thanks

• This Jawn is not bad at all in GB, maybe Apple will do a Latin Percussion version...Caribbean steel pan would be too cool as well

• @realdavidai said:

@Littlewoodg said:
    @realdavidai

Many Thanks...looks interesting, doesn't appear to have IAA though, in an ideal scenario I would prefe to use the Cubasis or Garageband MIDI editor

Yes Beat Vibe is more for programming and exporting tracks...it does allow you to sub various sounds for others in the patterns...

• edited March 2017

@realdavidai

Don't know if this suits what you want, but perhaps it does. It has both loops and samples. High quality.

Percussion Loops HD by Go Independent Records
    https://appsto.re/nl/oTLcV.i

Or the free version:

Percussion Loops HD Light by Go Independent Records
    https://appsto.re/nl/PCZpV.i

• @Marcel said:
    @realdavidai

Don't know if this suits what you want, but perhaps it does. It has both loops and samples. High quality.

Percussion Loops HD by Go Independent Records
    https://appsto.re/nl/oTLcV.i

Or the free version:

Percussion Loops HD Light by Go Independent Records
    https://appsto.re/nl/PCZpV.i

Not bad at all.. thanks!

• DrumPerfect Pro has various percussion instruments, and Brazilian instrument IAP's and patterns. I believe there are some Latin percussion samples on there way too. If you want to create and play with patterns, DPP has it all.

• @Fitz said:
    DrumPerfect Pro has various percussion instruments, and Brazilian instrument IAP's and patterns. I believe there are some Latin percussion samples on there way too. If you want to create and play with patterns, DPP has it all.

+1
    Forgot all about DPP...!

• BeatHawk has some decent Latin Perc sounds (IMHO, of course).

• @TozBourne said:
    BeatHawk has some decent Latin Perc sounds (IMHO, of course).

Cool..I'll plan to look into that once it goes AU

• edited March 2017

@realdavidai said:
    Looking for a light weight percussion library/instrument on iOS does this exist? On desktop I use the percussion menu in Stylus RMX.

Just need the basics: congas/bongos/woodblocks/chimes spread out as one patch across the keyboard

Hi, if you are looking for high quality Latin Percussion ( Afro Cuban ) instruments and rhythms with possibility to modify, adapt, create your own, play them with 32 sensitive pads, all with high level of control on the feel and dynamics , you might wish to listen to these two percussion tracks made exclusively ( not include background music ) with LP1 IAP pack for DrumPerfect Pro, upcoming soon.

Best, Gilbert

• @Gilbert.
    I'm waiting for this update for months. It will be that soon is really soon now?

• edited March 2017

@Santosgera said:
    @Gilbert.
    I'm waiting for this update for months. It will be that soon is really soon now?

Well, thanks to all interested, for your patience.
    Unexpected issues have significantly slowed down our "élan" to update as was initially planned. But we are working at it.
    On the other hand the quality of the new features and new packs will certainly inspire those who feels adventurous... in the vast land of creativity :)

• Hi Gilbert, I notice there is a cajon on the LP picture. Can I hope for a really good quality cajon on iOS finally? Also, can I make a request for some quality 'palmas' (hand claps) too. Thanks

• @Fitz said:
    Hi Gilbert, I notice there is a cajon on the LP picture. Can I hope for a really good quality cajon on iOS finally? Also, can I make a request for some quality 'palmas' (hand claps) too. Thanks

Hi Fitz, the picture will be the same for LP vol1 and vol2 ( No way to squeeze all possible instruments/articulations in only one pack... ). But the cajon is planned to appear in vol2... ( good quality, yes! ) With some palmas too!
    This vol1 is essentially focused on Afro cuban rhythms.
    I have also a flamenco pack in mind, that would include lots of realistic Spanish palmas.
    To make it really authentic, all this requires a lot of study.... ( work and time... )

• That's great Gilbert. I'm a student of flamenco guitar and rhythms so let me know if I can help in any way. I recently did some Sevillanas with DPP -

https://ontheshouldersofgiants2017.wordpress.com/2017/03/03/rhythm-is-king/

• edited March 2017

Hi Fitz, I saw your YouTube channel. Lovely flamenco music! Was trying to find out from what guitar maker come your beautiful guitar, but can hardly see the head shape... ( On the Buleria video, is not Moraito playing an old style ( pegs ) Hermanos Conde? )
    Thanks to show DPP in action playing the compás. Samples sounds good! Very nice to see how versatile can be DPP.
    And nice blog!
    Will contact you when I start to work on the Flamenco pack.

• Great, please do.
    My guitar is a Jose Ramirez.
    Thanks for the compliments.
    Not sure about Moraito's guitar but there is a forum where people will know!

• @realdavidai all of Martinez apps have a sequencer built into them. SAMPLES (round robin) are beautiful and the generated fills are great to jam with.

• Looks like Beat Hawk knocked it out of the park for this one

• @realdavidai said:
    Looks like Beat Hawk knocked it out of the park for this one

Yes. The world percussion pack is worth the $1.99. There are new Asia and Greece&Turkey packs.
    BH2 works well as an AU in AUM with tc-data as a controller. Back on my iPad and now iPhone.

• @Gilbert said:

@Santosgera said:
    @Gilbert.

Well, thanks to all interested, for your patience.
    Unexpected issues have significantly slowed down our "élan" to update as was initially planned. But we are working at it.
    On the other hand the quality of the new features and new packs will certainly inspire those who feels adventurous... in the vast land of creativity :)

You and Marinus keep up the good work, Gilbert :+1:

DPP is still tops for artists with a decent sample library who like to compose customized drum tracks . Luis's apps, and Derek's Drum Session are all very good for a quick fix and loop based recording - I especially like how Derek's gives you access to a ton of sounds for each kit. All of these are great for straightforward "accompaniment," where the occasional fill and crash on the downbeat are all you really need.

But when I need to really compose a drum track - starts, stops, accents and time changes to match the song, using my own custom samples, with probability fills, etc. PLUS all stems - DPP remains in a class all its own.

• @Moderndaycompiler said:

@realdavidai said:
    Looks like Beat Hawk knocked it out of the park for this one

Yes. The world percussion pack is worth the $1.99. There are new Asia and Greece&Turkey packs.
    BH2 works well as an AU in AUM with tc-data as a controller. Back on my iPad and now iPhone.

I think I just bought 90 percent of the packs in 5 minutes. They made it feel like a candy store