Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DrumJam and AUM

Hi Friends,

When I load DrumJam in AUM I cannot activate link, can anyone confirm?

Thx

Comments

• Works fine on my iphone7, most recent version

• And DrumJam Connects to link ?
    In DrumJam i have 0 connections to aum

• Yes. It is connected. But I also have the "0 connection" message...but it works (try to change the tempo in AUM)

• @cuscolima said:
    Yes. It is connected. But I also have the "0 connection" message...but it works (try to change the tempo in AUM)

Ok thx i will try

• Change Pending and no Start from DrumJam. And yes Tempo changes works.
    But i think its only Sync really outside aum.

• And many thx @cuscolima for test

• edited March 2017

@sonosaurus can confirm this bug as well. Used to not happen in IOS 9.3.5. Curious as to what happened.

• Thx @gonekrazy3000 for testing this

• edited March 2017

@Bartlinux said:
    Thx @gonekrazy3000 for testing this

It's broken in Audiobus as well. Seems to be that the moment it's hosted in another app link just ceases to function. @sonosaurus were there any changes in the ableton link libraries since you last updated the app ? Just curious.

Edit:- Ignore that. It's working fine in audiobus piped into AUM. Seems to be a bug specific to DrumJam and AUM.

Edit2:- nope. There's something wrong with link in DrumJam. Even when piped through audiobus it glitches out. Does not change global tempo. Only a slave to Aums current tempo. Also does not see all link apps.

• Actually DJ drops itself from Link intentionally when it is attached as an IAA node by a host that supports transport. This is because presumably that IAA host has its own real and fully complete transport and timeline. However, you can make DrumJam ignore IAA sync completely in its Prefs->Options-> Use Inter-app Sync (disable it), and then Link will always be used if available.

But since AUM supports Link and IAA transport it will impart the proper sync via IAA to DrumJam, which should be as good or better than the alternatives assuming AUM is slaved to Link. But if not, then you may want to make use of the option mentioned above in DJ to ignore IAA sync.

• edited March 2017

this must be what's caused confusion for me many times in the past.
    always assumed incompatibility when link dropped off.

• Ok thx for the answer @sonosaurus now its working again.

• @sonosaurus said:
    Actually DJ drops itself from Link intentionally when it is attached as an IAA node by a host that supports transport. This is because presumably that IAA host has its own real and fully complete transport and timeline. However, you can make DrumJam ignore IAA sync completely in its Prefs->Options-> Use Inter-app Sync (disable it), and then Link will always be used if available.

But since AUM supports Link and IAA transport it will impart the proper sync via IAA to DrumJam, which should be as good or better than the alternatives assuming AUM is slaved to Link. But if not, then you may want to make use of the option mentioned above in DJ to ignore IAA sync.

Thanks so much :)

• Thank you, @sonosaurus . Great explanation.

• @sonosaurus said:
    Actually DJ drops itself from Link intentionally when it is attached as an IAA node by a host that supports transport. This is because presumably that IAA host has its own real and fully complete transport and timeline. However, you can make DrumJam ignore IAA sync completely in its Prefs->Options-> Use Inter-app Sync (disable it), and then Link will always be used if available.

Can you specify how to set up DJ in AUM to receive midi? I have DJ as an IAA node, set to omni channel and network session input and clock, ableton off. But DJ does not appear in AUM’s midi map, and is not receiving any midi.

• @mojozart said:

Thanks, my problem seems to be that I have no hamburger. I will try restarting everything to see if I get a burger.

• When you add DrumJam to AUM make sure you add the Instrument and not one of the Generators.