Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Preset Switching

2»

Comments

• edited March 2017

Yes it is...
    Not sure why that bores me the most is developers that just say "it's on the todo list" and never implement it, and/or dev saying that they just won't do it, or users that just think that it is useless because "there's state saving in Audiobus"...
    And finally people that just say "but IOS musical apps are just toys, for the price you can't expect to have that"...

Just about something which is an absolute standard from the very beginning of midi music based...

Selecting a preset without going into menus, and let a DAW handle that task, because you might want to do to more than one track...that's such an evil feature request...

• edited March 2017

Ya I love there are so many options for sound creation on iOS now, but honestly for live performance, if I need to app switch to each app to manually change my patch... well thats just not practical AT ALL. :/

• @MikeyP said:
    Ya I love there are so many options for sound creation on iOS now, but honestly for live performance, if I need to app switch to each app to manually change my patch... well thats just not practical AT ALL. :/

+1 trillion...

• @crony said:

@MikeyP said:

+1 trillion...

Add another trillion.

I've raised this as a major pain point to @Sebastian and @Michael in the past. Michael indicated that he's working on MIDI PC changes for presets for Loopy 3 (essentially a "setlist maker"). But what would really be amazing is if the same PCs could change presets in Audiobus3 too. A boy can dream...

• Don't know if this has been said before - but its all very well to be able to send PC messages to synths. But what would be REALLY USEFUL is to have the AUDIOBUS protocol extended so any app can QUERY a particular synth app over the AudioBus protocol for all of its preset names and MIDI map in order for MIDI control app, SEQUENCING , ARPEGGIATOR, DAW apps etc - to be able to present a choice -list of the presets to the user WITHOUT the user having to switch into the synth app.

So imagine I am using Fugue Machine and am sending MIDI on one of its tracks to Animoog. I want to be able to stay WITHIN the Fugue Machine screen but switch between and audition/select different Animoog patches while inside Animoog.

This helps in so many ways Each synth app has its own place and GUI method for choosing sounds but having ONE consistent way to browse presets irrespective to the app would be nice.

This is ideal for DAWs or any app where one is doing some composing or needs to audition and switch sounds without switching screens all the time.

• edited March 2017

Well...Program Change properly assigned to a knob (with a slow stepping) does that also...
    Configure 4 knobs to 4 different synths, you may choose any preset even watching youtube...