Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Web-Midi Browser & LaunchPad Pro Fun

Here you can use the Web-Midi Browser to trigger clips on the LaunchPad Pro:

Put the LPP in Programmer Mode (Setup + Orange)
Be sure SysEx is enabled in Web Midi Browser
In Web Midi Browser, navigate to: http://intro.novationmusic.com/harry-coade

That's it! The Novation Intro site I linked to above, is a great example of web-midi possibilities - wish it were available for all the packs etc!

Also neat the web-midi version has a Stop button for each the 8 tracks.

Comments

• Interesting.

Do we think we'll ever get something that lets us configure the Circuit via web midi from an iOS device?

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    Interesting.

Do we think we'll ever get something that lets us configure the Circuit via web midi from an iOS device?

A question for Apple - far as I know they've not approved web midi for iOS Safari. I believe the web midi browser hasn't been updated, while web midi has - I think the Circuit editor uses some newer features, or it would likely work (presuming it wasn't otherwise locked from doing so). All that being said, the browser is open-sourced on github and could likely be modded to work w/ Circuit etc.

• What about Chrome on iOS? (Sorry, I don't see it marked in that link).

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

What about Chrome on iOS? (Sorry, I don't see it marked in that link).

Not in chrome iOS last time I checked

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

Ah. Thanks.

• edited March 2017

@AndyPlankton said:

Ah. Thanks.

All iOS web browsers must use Safari's engine. Even Firefox and Chrome. They're welcome to extend it from there (in some ways). Though a couple of MIDI nerds got Chrome desktop over the hump, I doubt there's much incentive for them to add it to the iOS version. Would be dreamy though.

It's funny/sad because not that long ago, Safari and even Mobile Safari were the champions of HTML5/modern web standards. Way out ahead of the pack. These days though, it's sort of becoming the new IE6. Giving developers gas everywhere I look. When the iPhone first launched, there was no app store and Jobs declared mobile web apps the way of the future. And they shipped a pretty modern web browser that was ready for that future. Then, app store dollars went over the moon and well, we're all here...

• What mode are you putting this in? Program?

I am looking into dividing my Launchpad Pro/Drum setting in order to have all 4 pages of iMPC pro app.

• @RustiK said:
    What mode are you putting this in? Program?

I am looking into dividing my Launchpad Pro/Drum setting in order to have all 4 pages of iMPC pro app.

Yes, Programmer Mode. I don't have the IMPC app - but that sounds doable.