Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Fender Slide iOS Interface $30 today at MF

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/fender-slide-ios-mac-and-pc-audio-interface

I've never used one but I'm tempted to just grab it at that price. Anyone have any experience with it?

Comments

• edited February 2017

You might have to be the one to get some experience and report back. I had not heard of it before now.

• Personally I always thought I would rather go for something with mic option also... if I were to need a compact 1-in audio device. Like this:

Alesis Core 1 | 24-Bit Inline USB Audio Interface with Cubase LE Download https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IBJ6NSU/ref=cm_sw_r_tai_uV3SybW9BHEMT

• The reviews seem OK, it's probably a "good enough for the price" kind of deal.

vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=17289.0

• A damn sight cheaper than a Sonic Port VX. While I love all the extra options the VX provides (condenser mic, field mic, stereo outs, headphone out to bypass the built-in headphone jack), the only extra feature I use is the headphone out for mixing/mastering with phones.

If I didn't already have the VX, I'd be tempted to grab this alternative for 3 Alex Hamiltons :sunglasses:

• wimwim
    edited March 2017

Sez $79 now. :/

Too bad, it would have been a cheap alternative for my iRig Pro if I replace my phone with one that no longer has a headphone jack.

• edited March 2017

@bether said:
    Look:

Interesting video, thanks for posting it. No great differences in my opinion. I have the Line 6 Sonic Port. If I had to chose from the three, I would probably pick the Apogee, perhaps the most natural sounding. But not by far to my ears.