Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Nodal - probability theory sampler

Nodal .... sounds like an interesting concept but I've not tried it, no idea so don't ask me ... :sweat_smile:

•nodal• by Armen Karamian
https://appsto.re/gb/x7AUgb.i

Comments

• This looked interesting enough to take a chance on. Bought it.

Doesn't seem finished. Very cool idea, but there's no info on what anything does. There are buttons that don't appear to actually work, ie. there's a trashcan by the nodes. I'm assuming that's to remove nodes from the play screen, but it doesn't do anything.

There's another sort of reverse share button at the bottom of the second screen, but that doesn't seem to do anything either.

It feels like it was released before it actually completely worked. And there doesn't appear to be any way to record anything other than samples to be used as nodes.

Mixed feelings on this one. Lots of very intriguing potential, but currently kind of half-baked.

• @skiphunt said:
    This looked interesting enough to take a chance on. Bought it.

Doesn't seem finished. Very cool idea, but there's no info on what anything does. There are buttons that don't appear to actually work, ie. there's a trashcan by the nodes. I'm assuming that's to remove nodes from the play screen, but it doesn't do anything.

There's another sort of reverse share button at the bottom of the second screen, but that doesn't seem to do anything either.

It feels like it was released before it actually completely worked. And there doesn't appear to be any way to record anything other than samples to be used as nodes.

Mixed feelings on this one. Lots of very intriguing potential, but currently kind of half-baked.

very much feel the same way as you. Not one iota of tips or instruction and very hard to know what I'm doing. Disappointed but hope there is more to it than it seems.

• @gkillmaster said:

@skiphunt said:

very much feel the same way as you. Not one iota of tips or instruction and very hard to know what I'm doing. Disappointed but hope there is more to it than it seems.

It's got great potential I think. I messaged them on facebook. If they don't reply, or reveal something I'm missing... I may just refund this one and wait for it to be ready to come out of the oven.

• @gkillmaster said:

@skiphunt said:

I've figured out most of it and figured out what everything does. No way to record, but it's actually kinda cool.

FYI: long press on trash can clears playing field. Long press on nodes and you can move. Double click on node connections to change direction in Markov chain. Reverse share icon just adds the sample you recorded to the library. If you assign one of this 3 colors (blue/yellow/magenta) those done add to markov chain and only play constant.

Haven't found a way to delete user samples yet.

Wave thing gives sample a note shift melody. Infinity makes it play non-stop rather than one-shot. Sliders control note/speed/volume

If they make it recordable or IAA/AB it'd be unique and pretty cool.

• @skiphunt said:

@gkillmaster said:

@skiphunt said:

I've figured out most of it and figured out what everything does. No way to record, but it's actually kinda cool.

FYI: long press on trash can clears playing field. Long press on nodes and you can move. Double click on node connections to change direction in Markov chain. Reverse share icon just adds the sample you recorded to the library. If you assign one of this 3 colors (blue/yellow/magenta) those done add to markov chain and only play constant.

Wave thing gives sample a note shift melody. Infinity makes it play non-stop rather than one-shot. Sliders control note/speed/volume

WOW! Thanks a lot for this! seems to cover just about everything I was wondering about. Can't wait to play with it tomorrow!

• edited February 2017

@gkillmaster said:

@skiphunt said:

@gkillmaster said:

@skiphunt said:

WOW! Thanks a lot for this! seems to cover just about everything I was wondering about. Can't wait to play with it tomorrow!

The use of the long press is what through me. Start with one node, hit play and go through all settings to hear what they do. You can also change the color of the built in purple nodes to yellow/magenta/blue if you want to add one as a constant.

The yellow/blue/magenta rectangles control speed of onstant playback of non-markov nodes. You can assign purple color to samples you record into app if you want to add them into markov chains. Or, assign yellow/blue/magenta if you want them to play constant.

The mic/iaa switch allows you to record samples via mic or select an IAA app to record directly into the app as samples.

I don't think you can record composition, but if you figure out how to delete user samples, let me know. :)

• @skiphunt said:

@gkillmaster said:

@skiphunt said:

@gkillmaster said:

@skiphunt said:

The use of the long press is what through me. Start with one node, hit play and go through all settings to hear what they do. You can also change the color of the built in purple nodes to yellow/magenta/blue if you want to add one as a constant.

The yellow/blue/magenta rectangles control speed of onstant playback of non-markov nodes. You can assign purple color to samples you record into app if you want to add them into markov chains. Or, assign yellow/blue/magenta if you want them to play constant.

The mic/iaa switch allows you to record samples via mic or select an IAA app to record directly into the app as samples.

I don't think you can record composition, but if you figure out how to delete user samples, let me know. :)

ok, I will. thanks for more clarification!

• I tried to download but on an older version. Sounds fun.

• edited February 2017

Thanks for the tutorials @skiphunt, bought it too, I like this type of apps.
    Still, can't figure out some of the functions....
    EDIT:
    OK, the x clears the loaded sample.
    Mic/IAA function...you can record a loop from ANY app that you load and recorded loop can be used. The wave symbols enable trim = start and end of loop. (Just tried with Blocs wave) works fine
    Until I figure out how to delete user samples or recording I don't do any internal recording...

Neat app, for 2€ is No big loss..still mysteries remain...

• The videos on farcebook do look quite interesting, I'd maybe take the plunge with the inclusion if AB/IAA. Currently still trying to find time for getting stuck into other recent acquisitions.

• Not being able to delete user samples drives me nuts. I've got so many from experimenting and it's just taking up screen space. Wish they'd fix that soon.

• Had messages with the dev on facebook. One-man shop with a couple beta testers. Wanted to get it out there before diving into file management. I've asked about at least making it recordable.

I like the app and am getting some excellent drone-like with pattern compositions, but driving me nuts that I can't record into AudioShare or AB, etc.

• did he say anything about deleting files?

• @kobamoto said:
    did he say anything about deleting files?

Only that they chose to release before file management tackled "because it's more fun than data management." Or, something like that.

I just wish you could record. It's a unique app that I'm getting interesting things from. You can create all kinds of chains that all interconnect. You can choose from 6 fx on each node and can apply around 4 per node I think. The nodes can be built in or recorded into the app via mic or iaa apps.

Lots of great potential but crippled by no AB or IAA or data management or internal recording of compositions.

It's just almost there but not quite. If they simply added a way to put this into AUM and/or AB, and a way to delete user created samples, I think they'd have a hit without doing anything else.

• can it load into audioshare?

• edited February 2017

@kobamoto said:
    can it load into audioshare?

No. They've somehow supported IAA for in-app recording of samples, but not IAA for the app itself.

They only launched less than a week ago. I'm going to hang tight and see if the first update sets this right. Too much potential to abandon it this soon.

• The dev here. Thanks for all the feedback. I'm putting IAA output at the top of the priority list, better sample management is #2. Any other suggestions for that area?
    Thanks.

• @TheNodalGuy said:
    The dev here. Thanks for all the feedback. I'm putting IAA output at the top of the priority list, better sample management is #2. Any other suggestions for that area?
    Thanks.

Sold! :)

• edited February 2017

@TheNodalGuy said:
    The dev here. Thanks for all the feedback. I'm putting IAA output at the top of the priority list, better sample management is #2. Any other suggestions for that area?
    Thanks.

I have hard time to make the direction arrows changes...sometimes it's really hard to make them go just one way...---------> instead of <-------> by default.
    I tend to delete the connection before changing it...is there an easy way to do that?

Q: is there a master/slave relationship or just mathematical probability?

A random button would be nice too.

• @soundklinik said:

Random buttons are always a huge plus :+1:

• @eustressor said:

@soundklinik said:

Random buttons are always a huge plus :+1:

I'll have 3 of those please

• @soundklinik said:

@TheNodalGuy said:
    Thanks.

I have hard time to make the direction arrows changes...sometimes it's really hard to make them go just one way...---------> instead of <-------> by default.
    I tend to delete the connection before changing it...is there an easy way to do that?

Q: is there a master/slave relationship or just mathematical probability?

@soundklinik
    You should be able to quickly tap in the center of the line. I made the detection area kind of big so it might think you're tapping on a node. I'm just using a random number generator to determine what gets played next. Not sure what you mean by random button...

• edited February 2017

I bought this because my whole schtick is sampling my voice and found sounds and making weird music with it. I have not been able to get my recorded samples onto the playfield, any advice anyone?

EDIT: figured it out, so you have to press the reverse share button after you record your sample to import it into the grid

• @TheNodalGuy said:
    Thanks.

Please add Abelton LINK this would make it an instant buy!

• @TheNodalGuy said:
    Not sure what you mean by random button...

Check Virsyn's Addictive Pro synth, or Fritz Menzer's new DA ONE synth. Both have "dice" buttons to randomize all, or some, synth parameters, to create unexpected and new sounds beyond any factory presets. Lots of fun, and a great way to discover and save unique patches.

• Been playing with this more, and it does have a ton of potential to be a classic app. Excited to see where it goes from here. IAA fx would be nice

• FYI: I bought this app on launch and really like it. I'm also beta-testing and the dev already has IAA supported and you can delete your user created samples. It's not in the released build yet, but it's there in the beta and working well. The dev says he's reading up on possibly adding more filters and sample synthesis.

One to keep an eye on I think. :)

• yummy for more sample synthesis..... and he might as well throw a slicer in there as well it can only help ;)

• hmm just re-read what I wrote.... a sample slicer with probability.... nice