Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pro Tip: The Denoiser App We've Waited For

Basically, you use Audioshare's "import with" feature to send over a wav file. Be sire Denoise's export setting is to .wav! THIS is a true audio cleanup app that will denoise vocals and such.

https://appsto.re/us/GwuA4.i

One thing though...be sure the audio to share to it is NOT normalized (with the highest peak reaching about -7dB to -8dB), or the audio WILL come out distorted from the denoising process. After running the denoising process, a new .wav should be ready to "import with" audioshare. Profit.

(And, yeah, it has no AB nor IAA nor AU, and it does one function. However, it does said function WELL, and THAT is what truly counts!)

Comments

• Looks interesting, thanks.

• edited February 2017

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Basically, you use Audioshare's "import with" feature to send over a wav file. Be sire Denoise's export setting is to .wav! THIS is a true audio cleanup app that will denoise vocals and such.

One thing though...be sure the audio to share to it is NOT normalized (with the highest peak reaching about -7dB to -8dB), or the audio WILL come out distorted from the denoising process. After running the denoising process, a new .wav should be ready to "import with" audioshare. Profit.

(And, yeah, it has no AB nor IAA nor AU, and it does one function. However, it does said function WELL, and THAT is what truly counts!)

Hmmm... the bundle including the video titling and video stabilization app is only $3.99. It's supposed to handle 4k too. thx for the tip!

ps. most of the app store reviews are 1-star and say it either doesn't work or crashes. It works well for you?

• @skiphunt said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Hmmm... the bundle including the video titling and video stabilization app is only $3.99. It's supposed to handle 4k too. thx for the tip!

ps. most of the app store reviews are 1-star and say it either doesn't work or crashes. It works well for you?

Yes it does, and the stability has been vastly improved in the latest update. I purchased it when it only output .3gp files and suggested to the developer to have it export .wav. He listened, and voila. :)

• edited February 2017

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@skiphunt said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

Yes it does, and the stability has been vastly improved in the latest update. I purchased it when it only output .3gp files and suggested to the developer to have it export .wav. He listened, and voila. :)

Do you also have their stabilizer app? And with this denoiser, can you specify sections you only want to denoise, or does it process the whole clip regardless? i.e. If you have a 30sec clip and just have some wind noise at 10-15secs, can you mark just that 5secs to denoise the bit of wind?

• Lord knows the times I've been sat in church just praying for the ability to denoise a little wind....

• edited February 2017

Deleted

• @jwmmakerofmusic never mind. might just take a chance on this. I don't think I have anything at all that does noise reduction on the iPad. Or, video stabilization. I typically do all of that via desktop in Logic and FCP. Would be nice to have on iPad if they don't crash and actually work. Many of the app store reviews on these give me pause, but the nature of the reviews makes me think the users weren't realistic in their expectations. And most of the bad ones are prior to the latest update. If you say at least the Denoiser is stable, then maybe its' worth the gamble for the bundle.

• Gambled on it just to save myself taking the most obvious problems back onto the desktop and into Audition...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Gambled on it just to save myself taking the most obvious problems back onto the desktop and into Audition...

Tried it yet? Lots of crashing reviews, but prior to latest update. The negative reviews on the video stabilizer are based on the fact it crops to video some, but I think all stabilizers do that to some extent... that's how they work for the most part.

• @skiphunt said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Gambled on it just to save myself taking the most obvious problems back onto the desktop and into Audition...

Tried it yet? Lots of crashing reviews, but prior to latest update. The negative reviews on the video stabilizer are based on the fact it crops to video some, but I think all stabilizers do that to some extent... that's how they work for the most part.

Not yet, but will. Picked up the stabilizer too, but more interested in the noise thing....

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Lord knows the times I've been sat in church just praying for the ability to denoise a little wind....

So, you needed to denoise wind in church? You know, muffling the sound won't take care of the odor.

• @skiphunt said:
    @jwmmakerofmusic never mind. might just take a chance on this. I don't think I have anything at all that does noise reduction on the iPad. Or, video stabilization. I typically do all of that via desktop in Logic and FCP. Would be nice to have on iPad if they don't crash and actually work. Many of the app store reviews on these give me pause, but the nature of the reviews makes me think the users weren't realistic in their expectations. And most of the bad ones are prior to the latest update. If you say at least the Denoiser is stable, then maybe its' worth the gamble for the bundle.

Me, I actually haven't checked the video stabilization app yet. Might be useful. I may purchase it, but not before Addictive Pro.

• edited February 2017

Ok, well... I took a gamble and bought the whole bundle.

The Denoiser is good. See following post.. [edited out - see following post]

However, the video stabilization works remarkably well. Worth buying and works as extension app within photos as well.

The titler is ok for quickly stuff, it only works somewhat ok if you're using it as an extension app within photos. Otherwise, as a standalone doesn't work at all.

• I'm going to have to backpedal on my previous post. I played with DeNoiser some more and figured out what's going on.

It's actually very good at removing one kind of noise, i.e. Steady background noise. Any noise that spikes it won't help with. And if you select a fragment of the waveform that contains a spike of wind or handling noise, etc. it'll simple crush the heck out of you entire recording and distort badly.

However, if your recording has steady low background noise like maybe an an air conditioner or regular room tone, and you then select that segment/fragment that contains only the steady non-spiking noise, Denoiser does an excellent job of removing it.

I imagine how most here might be using it, it could certainly be very useful. I'm keeping it and can recommend along with @jwmmakerofmusic

Will edit/delete the contents of my previous post related to denoiser.

• @skiphunt said:
    I'm going to have to backpedal on my previous post. I played with DeNoiser some more and figured out what's going on.

It's actually very good at removing one kind of noise, i.e. Steady background noise. Any noise that spikes it won't help with. And if you select a fragment of the waveform that contains a spike of wind or handling noise, etc. it'll simple crush the heck out of you entire recording and distort badly.

However, if your recording has steady low background noise like maybe an an air conditioner or regular room tone, and you then select that segment/fragment that contains only the steady non-spiking noise, Denoiser does an excellent job of removing it.

I imagine how most here might be using it, it could certainly be very useful. I'm keeping it and can recommend along with @jwmmakerofmusic

Exactly. The steady fan/room noise is what I wanted to remove from my vocals. Other sounds like moving/bumping the mic, your cat meowing, etc can be edited out later through regular audio editing.

I talked with the developer about the weird distortion bug, and he already has a bugfixed version sent into the appstore. He's a VERY nice person and put .wav export and Dropbox functionality into the app simply because I asked. The guy is the PRIMO example of a customer-orientated app developer, so if you got any problems like crashing, be sure to be as detailed as possible with what you were doing when it crashed, contact him, and a fix should be out either within days or maybe 1-2 months (since it's a one-man company).

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@skiphunt said:
    I'm going to have to backpedal on my previous post. I played with DeNoiser some more and figured out what's going on.

Exactly. The steady fan/room noise is what I wanted to remove from my vocals. Other sounds like moving/bumping the mic, your cat meowing, etc can be edited out later through regular audio editing.

I talked with the developer about the weird distortion bug, and he already has a bugfixed version sent into the appstore. He's a VERY nice person and put .wav export and Dropbox functionality into the app simply because I asked. The guy is the PRIMO example of a customer-orientated app developer, so if you got any problems like crashing, be sure to be as detailed as possible with what you were doing when it crashed, contact him, and a fix should be out either within days or maybe 1-2 months (since it's a one-man company).

cool.

ps. the video stabilizer is very good. I threw one 1080p video at it of an eagle at a reserve in Ecuador. I was zoomed in so a couple places my framing jumped radically on accident. I think FCP would've been challenged to smooth that out, but this dev's DeShake did an excellent job without going overboard.

I tried one that just needed slight smoothing out of footage from a boat and it handled that one very well too.

• I recommend trying out Instant Dialogue Cleaner which is by Audionamix. I have used it with Pro Tools in my dialogue tracks and it does a decent job removing background noise. Here is a video from youtube about it:

• @codeblue0076 said:
    I recommend trying out Instant Dialogue Cleaner which is by Audionamix. I have used it with Pro Tools in my dialogue tracks and it does a decent job removing background noise. Here is a video from youtube about it:

iOS app? - doesn't look like it

• edited August 2018

My old thread. :smiley: I was wondering the other day about when I made this particular one. So yeah, I've switched to Brusfri not too long after this thread originally died out after @skiphunt 's reply.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/brusfri/id1289165912?mt=8

Right, @codeblue0076 , Brusfri is a brilliant plugin what does realtime noise-print-based noise removal. It's like your IDC, but much cheaper in price and with the ability to adjust more things than just a simple knob. It can even handle audio that's been normalised. Works in AUM and Cubasis and others. ;) Cheers.

• edited August 2018

LOL, Really?
    First we have to buy the app and then pay IAP for 'Transcribe Time'?
    GTFO for that kind of behaviour from the developer...

Thankfully we have Brusfri that covers most of my cleaning needs :)

• @Samu said:
    LOL, Really?

I never even noticed that in the IDC app. F-cking ridiculous really, lol. I rename that PC app to IDGAF instead. ;)

• @Samu said:
    LOL, Really?

All praise Brusfri.

• All praise Brusfri.

It's a bit heavy on the CPU as far as a live gate for guitar goes. I haven't tried it in post. I would like to see them knock the load down a bit if possible.

• bonus tip: For desktop (Mac,Windows,Linux) the free audio editor OcenAudio has a nice denoiser.
    https://www.ocenaudio.com/features