Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Poly Chromatic "Keyboards"?

Do you have 1 or have you used 1?

What are your thoughts?

I think that the ios and touchscreen devices are heading into some really cool new directions.

Frankly, I like it better that "microtonal"

I am much more into colors than fractions because how my brain works anyway.

Comments

• edited February 2017

i'm not sure what you mean by polychromatic keyboards. do you mean Iso-morphic ? Like the Ableton Push2 or the Launchpad Pro ?
    i use the pro myself and its amazing.

• edited February 2017

I actually use it along with 2 k-boards. keep in mind it needs the cck3 + a battery bank to be portable.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:
    i'm not sure what you mean by polychromatic keyboards. do you mean Iso-morphic ? Like the Ableton Push2 or the Launchpad Pro ?

21st century electronic instruments (multidimensional polyphonic controllers) including the Tonal Plexus, Roli Seaboard, Continuum Fingerboard, and Microzone U-648, from a microtonal perspective for example.

The Tonal Plexus and Microzone are multidimensional, polyphonically, at the level of the musical pitch language itself, expanding the chromatic language, exponentially, into a greater pitch-resolution (alphabet) dimension of polychromatic languages. Pitches can be played polyphonically in both the left/right chromatic dimension and the front/back polychromatic (color) dimension. The Microzone has polyphonic touch sensitivity and the Tonal Plexus does not, yet the Tonal Plexus layout allows a pitch programming of up to 211 pitches per octave while the Microzone U648 enables up to 72 pitches per octave.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

I actually use it along with 2 k-boards. keep in mind it needs the cck3 + a battery bank to be portable.

Is this what you do with those 2?

LOL

• I actually use it along with 2 k-boards. keep in mind it needs the cck3 + a battery bank to be portable.> @RustiK said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

21st century electronic instruments (multidimensional polyphonic controllers) including the Tonal Plexus, Roli Seaboard, Continuum Fingerboard, and Microzone U-648, from a microtonal perspective for example.

The Tonal Plexus and Microzone are multidimensional, polyphonically, at the level of the musical pitch language itself, expanding the chromatic language, exponentially, into a greater pitch-resolution (alphabet) dimension of polychromatic languages. Pitches can be played polyphonically in both the left/right chromatic dimension and the front/back polychromatic (color) dimension. The Microzone has polyphonic touch sensitivity and the Tonal Plexus does not, yet the Tonal Plexus layout allows a pitch programming of up to 211 pitches per octave while the Microzone U648 enables up to 72 pitches per octave.

Ok. that flew completely over my head lol. I can safely say its beyond my ability to understand how to play it. i'm stumped enough with 12 pitches an octave.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:
    I actually use it along with 2 k-boards. keep in mind it needs the cck3 + a battery bank to be portable.> @RustiK said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

Ok. that flew completely over my head lol. I can safely say its beyond my ability to understand how to play it. i'm stumped enough with 12 pitches an octave.

I agree - not easy stuff.

There is a color coded method, that is not all fractions which I am interested in.

I am guessing through generative apps we will all find it more "normal" to use and hear these new sonic areas and then start to use them more ourselves

Our brains have more new stuff to hear yet................................

• @RustiK said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

Is this what you do with those 2?

LOL

lol. the k-boards have a hold function. i use them to control 2 seperate appregiators running in different times. that sometimes feed into a single synth. i have thumbjam scale locking their input to my desired scale as well. sometimes i use them to also control different sets of octaves. like one from c0-c2 and the other c3-c5.