Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Poison 202 and MTS

First hour with MTS and grrrrrr...Load Poison 202 AU, Arm midi track, play record, play some keys. Everything is fine but when I playback the track grrrrr the resulting audio cuts itself and sounds horrible in both sustain and short notes.Damn.Anyone has experienced this.Ipad Air.10.2.1

Comments

• Yes. I have problems with AU in MTS that have'nt been resolved for over 2 months. Phasemaker has issues in it too. The developer said he couldn't find any issues and did nothing. So I 've given up on the app now. Unusable.

• Thanks for your reply @pichi I checked that thread in his forum and it's a deal breaker for me.Refund

• I don't know what happened. It was a great app until he just gave up on it...

• It didn't happen in any other Daw. disappointed :|

• I tried it like MTS, but personally, I found it a pain in the arse to program tracks into it. Even watch Doug's vids a few times, & still cannot get it to work with it. So deleted again. It's not as smooth as Cubasis/AP & MUltitrak Daw. Shame.

• edited February 2017

What happened to Mr Bremmers. Dude was the updating-est dev out there

• That' s one of the reasons why I invested in MTS. Some AU seems ok, others not. I had zero issues with Cubasis, GB and AUM and I haven't all of them

• edited February 2017

@Ivan_Dj said:
    That' s one of the reasons why I invested in MTS. Some AU seems ok, others not. I had zero issues with Cubasis, GB and AUM and I haven't all of them

Maybe he just got tired of iOS...it's weird, his was the first iOS DAW that hosted AUx instruments.

To be honest I worked with MTS in spite of the fact that some instruments were unusable inside it, that's an iOS constant with all DAWs - including Cubasis, and Auria Pro. I stopped using MTS to originate projects on iOS when I found it did not have the functionality that I need to use Modstep: I want a DAW that can record Modsteps 8 IAA audio outs at the same time...Audio Evolution does this, as does Cubasis and Auria Pro. Audio Evolution actually does this with the least bullshitty glitches. I'd still use MTS if it did this. I have it on Windows and it's still a champ. And I use the iOS version to work on projects I originate on Windows.

• @Littlewoodg said:

@Ivan_Dj said:
    That' s one of the reasons why I invested in MTS. Some AU seems ok, others not. I had zero issues with Cubasis, GB and AUM and I haven't all of them

Maybe he just got tired of iOS...it's weird, his was the first iOS DAW that hosted AUx instruments.

To be honest I worked with MTS in spite of the fact that some instruments were unusable inside it, that's an iOS constant with all DAWs - including Cubasis, and Auria Pro. I stopped using MTS to originate projects on iOS when I found it did not have the functionality that I need to use Modstep: I want a DAW that can record Modsteps 8 IAA audio outs at the same time...Audio Evolution does this, as does Cubasis and Auria Pro. Audio Evolution actually does this with the least bullshitty glitches. I'd still use MTS if it did this. I have it on Windows and it's still a champ. And I use the iOS version to work on projects I originate on Windows.

I am curious why you don't record the Modstep IAA outputs within Modstep.

• edited February 2017

@AudioGus said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@Ivan_Dj said:

Really just to save a step, the tracks are all laid out inside a DAW after performance, without sending stems around. Lazy? Probably. I'll have to review the record functions inside Modstep...I do prefer the audio editors in MTS to those other three, might be worth the stem shippage

• @Littlewoodg said:

@AudioGus said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@Ivan_Dj said:

Really just to save a step, the tracks are all laid out inside a DAW after performance, without sending stems around. Lazy? Probably. I'll have to review the record functions inside Modstep...I do prefer the audio editors in MTS to those other three, might be worth the stem shippage

Ahh I see. That does make sense. If I had an iPad Pro I may share in such advanced schemes.

• @AudioGus said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@AudioGus said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@Ivan_Dj said:

Ahh I see. That does make sense. If I had an iPad Pro I may share in such advanced schemes.

I'm on air 2, its workable unless I opt for an ultra-CPU hungry instrument. It helps also if the DAW isn't too hungry. So far Cubasis and Auria Pro are all right in that regard. AE is even less CPU hungry than those, (the beloved MTS is also very efficient, but it's not currently a candidate for this maneuver)

I get more and more leery of schemes like these, involving lots of "moving parts" and spend more and more time in the all-in-one environments like SunVox, Caustic, and FLSM

• the thing i like the best about MTS is that it offers alternate note-input models besides just virtual keyboard (it has virtual fretboard too, which you can elect to use polyphonically or with pitch bend). It's really neat to be able to perform on & record iSem with that fretboard.

• @Littlewoodg said:

@AudioGus said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@AudioGus said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@Ivan_Dj said:

I'm on air 2, its workable unless I opt for an ultra-CPU hungry instrument. It helps also if the DAW isn't too hungry. So far Cubasis and Auria Pro are all right in that regard. AE is even less CPU hungry than those, (the beloved MTS is also very efficient, but it's not currently a candidate for this maneuver)

I get more and more leery of schemes like these, involving lots of "moving parts" and spend more and more time in the all-in-one environments like SunVox, Caustic, and FLSM

I am an Air1 boy still. I used to have zany schemes recording a lot of apps in parallel into Cubasis, Auria or Modstep but the past several months I just record track by track into Blocs wave using AUM/AB and do rough chops/edits in there. Once I accepted mobile sketching on iOS and finishing in a PC daw my appaholism and overall mobile process angst vanished. If/when I get an IpadPro it would likely just result in more paralel apps in realtime but still layering track by track into Blocs and exporting from apps and Blocs to the PC daw.

• @AudioGus said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@AudioGus said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@AudioGus said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@Ivan_Dj said:

I am an Air1 boy still. I used to have zany schemes recording a lot of apps in parallel into Cubasis, Auria or Modstep but the past several months I just record track by track into Blocs wave using AUM/AB and do rough chops/edits in there. Once I accepted mobile sketching on iOS and finishing in a PC daw my appaholism and overall mobile process angst vanished. If/when I get an IpadPro it would likely just result in more paralel apps in realtime but still layering track by track into Blocs and exporting from apps and Blocs to the PC daw.

With some slight differences I'm headed that way too. I look forward to the end of appaholism and process angst.