Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

App to adjust midi velocity on external controller?

Is there anything?

Your wonderful help would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• MidiFlow, you'll need the CC mapping API. Essential tool.

• @dwarman said:
    MidiFlow, you'll need the CC mapping API. Essential tool.

+1

• :)
    thanks will give that a try.

• @hellquist said:

@dwarman said:

+1

Do you know if midiflow can do the localhost trick and use the network session as a local host ?

• @Proto said:

@hellquist said:

@dwarman said:

+1

Do you know if midiflow can do the localhost trick and use the network session as a local host ?

Uumm, I don't know what "the localhost trick" is, but I do know that "network session" definitely is part of the possible input/output options. What is the localhost trick?

• @hellquist said:

@Proto said:

@hellquist said:

@dwarman said:

+1

Uumm, I don't know what "the localhost trick" is, but I do know that "network session" definitely is part of the possible input/output options. What is the localhost trick?

Its part of midibridge and it use the coreMIDI as a localhost. Instead of typing an IP adres to connect with, you just type "localhost" and you can use it as an extra local midi port. I use it to sync Cubasis midi clock with apps that have a broken midi port (Samplr).

• Network session normally outputs over wifi the localhost trick spoofs it into outputting over internal virtual midi comes in handy with some apps.

• @Proto & @BiancaNeve ah, I see. Never used midi over wifi, so never looked for those settings in either of the apps. In midiFlow you can create your own ports though, if the target apps don't have visible ports. You can't do any settings for it though (such as saying "this is 127.0.01" or "this is 'localhost'").

• @hellquist said:
    @Proto & @BiancaNeve ah, I see. Never used midi over wifi, so never looked for those settings in either of the apps. In midiFlow you can create your own ports though, if the target apps don't have visible ports. You can't do any settings for it though (such as saying "this is 127.0.01" or "this is 'localhost'").

I'm afraid it's not possible. I'm looking for a replacement because midibridge is not updated for a long time and probably removed from the app store.

Thanks for the info. :)

• Midibridge has been DELIBERATLY not updated because if it were updated it would have to go 64bit which would break its ability to keep legacy devices such as synthstation 25 and line6 midi mobilizer version one functional.

Ok it's not gonna work with ios11 but the devices I mainly use it with are 32 pin ones that will never go to 11 anyway.

• MidiFlow, unlike MidiBridge, lets you create Virtual ports (both In and Out) at will. so the localhost trick is neither required nor particularly useful.