Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MIDIChordy

I like this (relatively unknown?) app.
So this is just a little shout out for this lovely little device for chord triggering and learning basic modes.
Recently updated too! (thanks to responsive developer following my feedback.)

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/midichordy/id1013895119?mt=8

Comments

• Thx for this Tipp.

• Cool! I have a few apps kind of like this, but was hoping to land on one someday that encouraged me to learn proper theory for both piano and guitar. May be worth a look.

• This looks similar to Chordup which is a great controller. Does MidiChordy also support velocity response like Chordup or can we assign an x or y axis to control extra parameters ?

• It has a velocity slider.
    No XY axis controllers though, but that would be a good feature request and the developer seems very open to feedback. Seems very fluent in English despite the Japanese webpage : )

Noteworthy features for me:
    I really like the ability to change the accendentals to show # or flats.
    Another nice feature is being able to change the display of the scale degrees from Roman, Do/La or just plain numbers.(technically speaking 'Arabic' apparently)
    Being able to show Parallel or Relative Minor scales is also pretty cool and educational.

• @iamspoon said:

It has a velocity slider.
    No XY axis controllers though, but that would be a good feature request and the developer seems very open to feedback. Seems very fluent in English despite the Japanese webpage : )

Another nice feature is being able to change the display of the scale degrees from Roman, Do/La or just plain numbers.(technically speaking 'Arabic' apparently)
    Being able to show Parallel or Relative Minor scales is also pretty cool and educational.

Sounds full featured and usefull for only 1,99. Added to the wishlist, thanks.

• @Proto said:

@iamspoon said:

just got this app. it's great! but i can't seem to get the velocity slider to work. am i missing something?

• @eross said:

@Proto said:

@iamspoon said:

just got this app. it's great! but i can't seem to get the velocity slider to work. am i missing something?

I don't have Midichordy yet. I was talking about Chordup. :)

• @eross said:

It Seems to work for me with Animoog and Gadget.
    Could there be a 'velocity enable' switch in the App you are using as a soundsource ?
    Or it could be that it isn't velocity sensitive?

• yep, i used it with plugins on my computer it worked fine, must have been just a specific app. i'm really loving this app for figuring out chord progressions.

• Just got this, has anyone figured out how to 'play arpeggios with chord tone pads'? Also doesn't seem to be any midi controls beyond MIDI BLE, odd for an app with midi in the name!?