Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Baervaag fm synth by klevgrand available.

Baervaag - FM Synthesizer par Klevgränd produkter AB
https://appsto.re/fr/SrSAhb.i

Comments

• Just bought! Thanks for sharing!! :smile:

• Thanks for sharing :) Here's the official product video:

And some more sound examples (Baervaag and some R0Verb / Vandelay / Korvpressor):
    https://soundcloud.com/klevgrandproducts

• I wasn't going to buy this.

But my son made some kind of chocolate baked confection last night.

Which I helped consume.

Since I rarely eat chocolate I think it kept me awake so I had to buy this app.

So it's his fault.

A very cool app BTW. Interesting sound. Drove it from MIDISteps through AUM.

Sweet. Like chocolate...

I'm hopeless.

• I now have both Baervaag and Phasemaker on my wish list. Would owning both be redundant? I am not at all familiar with FM synthesis, and I know Klevgrand tend to keep things simple and focused, so should I start with Baervaag then? Sorry, but I'm doing a lot of thinking aloud here after having 2 1/2 mimosas for breakfast.

• edited February 2017

@Cliffy said:
    I now have both Baervaag and Phasemaker on my wish list. Would owning both be redundant? I am not at all familiar with FM synthesis, and I know Klevgrand tend to keep things simple and focused, so should I start with Baervaag then? Sorry, but I'm doing a lot of thinking aloud here after having 2 1/2 mimosas for breakfast.

Yes, Baervaag is a much simpler starting point. But because it's so simple and streamlined, I don't think it'll really help you learn the guts of FM synthesis a la the more complex Phasemaker (with its 6 carriers [operators/modulators/matrices]).

So if you're interested in learning FM, Baervaag is a good starting point for the type of sounds you can get with FM. Phasemaker will take you to a much meatier level of experimentation/study. They're both very different things but I like having both.

One more thing...be sure to have a velocity-enabled MIDI controller, as that's a major part of the fun of FM. Pass the mimosas.

• @sundhage While I like most of your apps could you please at some point in time consider using larger fonts for the UIs?

• @sundhage said:
    Thanks for sharing :) Here's the official product video:

And some more sound examples (Baervaag and some R0Verb / Vandelay / Korvpressor):
    https://soundcloud.com/klevgrandproducts

Hearty laughs at the end of the promo video.

• @Samu said:
    @sundhage While I like most of your apps could you please at some point in time consider using larger fonts for the UIs?

INDEED!

• @anickt said:

@Samu said:
    @sundhage While I like most of your apps could you please at some point in time consider using larger fonts for the UIs?

INDEED!

I agree! We're actually working on a few new UI features that will make it possible to make the font a few points larger. Thanks for the feedback (and reminder), I'll add this to the backlog and make sure our designers take it into consideration.

• Jakob sold me on this one! I wasn't going to buy it, but then I saw his video on it. I'm so glad I did, this little synth kicks some serious ass. it has a very unique sound that in very infectious. love it

• It took me a few plays to get accustomed to this and start liking it. Another very solid release from these guys.

• @sundhage Would really appreciate a wobble speed control in Pads a la the one in Baervaag.

• Saving presets ???

• Yes, saves presets.

I like this app because I'm firmly in the camp of "less is more" when it comes to sound shapers.

• Should be noted that saving presets only works when it is used as AUv3 and not in the stand-alone app.

• @Samu said:
    Should be noted that saving presets only works when it is used as AUv3 and not in the stand-alone app.

Very good point. So easy to forget that not everyone is AUv3 yet.

• @Samu said:
    Should be noted that saving presets only works when it is used as AUv3 and not in the stand-alone app.

Thank you. Thought I was going a bit mad as I was sure that I had done it previously - which I had but in AUv3 mode, hadn't realised there was a difference !

• If any of youse are interested in Baervaag for your PC/Mac, you can get if for $9.74 USD with the discount code HAPPYCUSTOMER.

http://store.klevgrand.se/item/baervaag