Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New app.forever beats.

Comments

• World's worst app store screen shot:

• I think the developer forgot to add the rest of the screenshots?

• Um so did anyone mention it?

Audiobus?

IAA?

• This looks like it could fit on iPhone too. Shame.

• @RustiK said:
    Um so did anyone mention it?

Audiobus?

IAA?

It does have Audiobus support and MIDI out for the sequencer according to their website.

• Somehow reminds of Robotic Drums. BTW that app is nowadays $3.99 and has also midi and AB support.

• edited February 2017

Not Bad, i Hope link comes

Edit: its really funny to Play with

• It looks interesting. I need to see more videos first

• The UI looks ok, not massively impressed with the sounds in the demos though.

• Step sequencer with MIDI out and song mode... can I resist?

• Hmm, I see it has MIDI out but I don't see anything about MIDI clock. Anyone know?

• edited February 2017

6 demo tracks from their soundcloud. Not sure how to post a SC playlist here but it seems to auto advance...

• Looks solid, if not derivative... Except for maybe that "Breaks" feature in the lower right, which might help set it apart. Count it as officially on my radar.

• Look forward to user reports etc.

• It is really cool. Bought it and did it for like 15 minutes.

Kind of reminds me of reworked TURQUOISE in the sounds in makes and style.

• @RustiK does it have any way to sync its clock with the outside world?

• @syrupcore I don't know if the attached image addresses your question and I've not tried anything beyond an initial (internal sounds) run-through.

First impression is that the internal sounds are limited and are something of an "FM Auxy" vibe (not a bad thing per se). Most importantly the sequencer is Very fun + Very fast and the adjustable track-lengths make it a Must. If it can fluidly control other sound sources it's a full win in my book.

• Hello, I am John Hussey, the developer of Forever Beats.

Firstly, thank you all for showing an interest in Forever Beats and special thanks to those who have taken a punt on it based on the currently fairly limited information available.

Over the next weeks I will be promoting and doing support for the app.

If you have any questions, problems or you feel like something is missing in the app, please go to the support forum and I will do my best to respond.

Cheers - John.

• edited February 2017

Hi John welcome to the Forum, and thx for the App,
    Is it posible to implement Link Support?

• Hi John! Nice app.
    I am curious about the minimal parameters and lack of presets on the Pad instrument. Seems like it's not fully implemented?
    Also, the Algorithm icon next to the Shift button. Is that going to be a button? Additional algorithms or editing maybe?
    Also, an Undo function would be nice. I wiped a few things by accident. :D
    Thanks

• edited February 2017

@John_H said:
    Hello, I am John Hussey, the developer of Forever Beats.

Firstly, thank you all for showing an interest in Forever Beats and special thanks to those who have taken a punt on it based on the currently fairly limited information available.

If you have any questions, problems or you feel like something is missing in the app, please go to the support forum and I will do my best to respond.

Cheers - John.

Welcome to the petri dish John.

Amongst all the many drum offerings, Forever is something different, especially in terms of its facility, so congrats on that. It's fun and easy to work up interesting beats. Looking forward to your next steps...as already mentioned, a greater preset range would certainly be very welcome....

• @John_H said:

Cheers - John.

Hi John. thanks for stopping by this forum. It's always nice to see developers reaching out and interacting with their customers.
    I am thinking of buying the app, but have a few questions.
    1. it has midi out. is that for each tracks, and assignable to different channels?
    2. can you use the lfos to send midi cc parameters to external synths?
    3. how many steps does the sequencer currently limit to? 16?

• @mannix said:
    Somehow reminds of Robotic Drums. BTW that app is nowadays $3.99 and has also midi and AB support.

@mannix said:
    Somehow reminds of Robotic Drums. BTW that app is nowadays $3.99 and has also midi and AB support.

@mannix said:

so can you do midi out with robotic drums? say to play a synth with different pitch notes, and velocities?

• Sorry, no experience with it. As said just reminds me... Maybe someone else can answer your question.

Below full specs for the app store:

Drum synth with probability sequencer. Demo video here: http://goo.gl/1E2HIa

Robotic Drums is an analog modeled drum synth coupled with a probability sequencer. This special combination, makes the app suitable for live sound manipulation, sequence experimentation and regular beats. The main highlights for this app are:

• A minimalist interface, with a high emphasis in flow.
    • 8 analog modeled synthesized voices.
    • A probability sequencer. You control how "random" a sequence is.
    • Quantized pattern switching.
    • Dropbox support for saving sessions and sharing across devices.
    • Audiobus support.
    • Midi out messages when voices trigger
    • Midi in - Change patterns via note midi messages
    • Midi clock sync support.

Some details:

VOICES

There are 8 analog modeled synthesized voices, each with a noise and an oscillator section. This flexible configuration allows each voice to generate sounds that range from punchy bass drums, to snappy snares, to lo-fi tones, to sound effects and much else in between.

THE PROBABILITY SEQUENCER

The sequencer for each voice is based on probabilities. A step on a sequence is not just a "switch" but a measure of "how likely is this step to be triggered". This allows for highly dynamic sequences that maintain a certain base, but never sound the same from one pass to another.

THE PATTERNS SECTION

Each session can hold 16 patterns. Switching patterns in a live situation is always controlled by a "pattern quantization" parameter, which determines when the pattern switch actually happens. This allows for pattern switches to occur exactly when expected, maintaining the musical flow of a piece.

SESSIONS

Sessions can be saved to Dropbox, this allows to share sessions across devices or even to use as an easy method to share patches with the community.

Twitter: @bigrobotstudios
    See a video of its features:
    http://goo.gl/QKhj4r

• @eross said:

@John_H said:

Cheers - John.

Hi John. thanks for stopping by this forum. It's always nice to see developers reaching out and interacting with their customers.
    I am thinking of buying the app, but have a few questions.
    1. it has midi out. is that for each tracks, and assignable to different channels?
    2. can you use the lfos to send midi cc parameters to external synths?
    3. how many steps does the sequencer currently limit to? 16?

1) looks like a 'yes' from the screenshot above. Made me realize that it's probably a single port for the whole app though.

I'm still trying to sort out if it has MIDI clock sync.