Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

As per your feedback, MicSwap Pro is on sale

Hi! Some of you wrote that you were waiting for MicSwap Pro to go on sale, so I thought I'd let you know that it's now on sale until the strike of 12am on Wed. Use it standalone or connect a mic or interface & record with 15 different sounding microphones. Swap recording studio environments. Import audio to change it's sound. Edit, color label your recordings. Use as a plugin with other apps (AU, IAA, Audiobus).

Please keep your suggestions coming! It helps us make the app better and better.
iPhone and iPad. Check out our other audio apps -> https://itunes.apple.com/us/developer/future-moments/id895157892

Comments

• Thanks for heads up on the sale. Have you considered adding AudioShare support? (There's a GitHub link and info about the SDK at the bottom of the page.)

• Thanks @telecharge! I believe we do. Do you mean like this (see pic)? You can also open any recording from MicSwap to AudioShare. We love Kymatica. Jonatan makes great apps!

• @garygary said:
    Thanks @telecharge! I believe we do. Do you mean like this (see pic)? You can also open any recording from MicSwap to AudioShare. We love Kymatica. Jonatan makes great apps!

Direct import/export is what I'm looking for. It only takes a few lines of code according to the AudioShare page.

• Thanks @telecharge! We do have AudioCopy in there, but we'll add this on the next update. Thanks for your feedback. Much appreciated!

• @garygary said:
    Thanks @telecharge! We do have AudioCopy in there, but we'll add this on the next update. Thanks for your feedback. Much appreciated!

Great to see that AudioShare is coming! Thanks,

• Great app! Audioshare would be a great update!

• This is so helpful to know. Thank you for your feedback!

• I have an apogee mic96k and this app really puts the icing on the cake..It really shines when you have a decent mic to begin with. Not only that but customer service is second to none. Any question answered usually the same day.

• @Telstar5 said:
    I have an apogee mic96k and this app really puts the icing on the cake..It really shines when you have a decent mic to begin with. Not only that but customer service is second to none. Any question answered usually the same day.

Yes indeed! If I'm not recording myself, I'm on it. Often within the hour your question will be answered.

• @garygary said:
    Hi! Some of you wrote that you were waiting for MicSwap Pro to go on sale, so I thought I'd let you know that it's now on sale until the strike of 12am on Wed. Use it standalone or connect a mic or interface & record with 15 different sounding microphones. Swap recording studio environments. Import audio to change it's sound. Edit, color label your recordings. Use as a plugin with other apps (AU, IAA, Audiobus).

Please keep your suggestions coming! It helps us make the app better and better.
    iPhone and iPad. Check out our other audio apps ->
    forum.audiob.us/uploads/editor/7t/98edmly0vm5w.jpg

@garygary An awesome update would be to make the different presets sound at least a little bit like the mics they're intended to resemble, and less like small variations of each other?

Also helpful, would be access to settings customising each sound variation.

• Audioshare is always a +...

• @decibelle Thanks for your feedback. I worked hard on these emulations and put them through many many tests. I've used these mics in my studio and others I've worked in for over 20 years. The sound will vary depending on the source your inputting ofcourse. Is there a particular mic model you think could be better?

• @decibelle said:
    An awesome update would be to make the different presets sound at least a little bit like the mics they're intended to resemble, and less like small variations of each other?

No offense, but that's a pretty harsh criticism. The user reviews and the professional reviews cited in the app's description suggest it's better than that.

In defense of any analog emulation, original analog equipment models typically vary from one to another.

Below is a video of John McBride who is the proprietor of Blackbird Studios in Nashville. As he mentions in the video, there is 1 (one) microphone that his wife Martina McBride uses (he even recites the serial number) -- even though he has a number of Telefunken 251s in his studio.

If an iOS app can even approximate original analog gear, I'm pretty chuffed.

• Hi @garygary

The app does look interesting especially as it is available as an auv3 ! Must give the demo a test soon...

A couple of questions -

Have you considered adding an option of choosing what the source mic is to allow for more accurate 'swapping''? Would be great if there were some common source mics included , e.g apogee mic , sm58, maybe some more generically like cheap LDC, cheap SDC etc ..

What was the original sale price ? Looks like it's currently @ £13.99 in the UK .

Thanks,
    Stu

• @garygary I suggest listing the app's models/emulations in the iTunes description and on the MicSwap web page.

• Hi @stumax thanks for your feedback. There's so many variables with mic distance and source being recorded that we went with an algorithm that just kinda works all around based on what's being inputted. It's regularly 19.99 and includes free updates and customer support. Thanks for writing.

• @telecharge That's a great idea. Will be up tomorrow. Thank you!

• @decibelle said:

@garygary said:

iPhone and iPad. Check out our other audio apps ->
    forum.audiob.us/uploads/editor/7t/98edmly0vm5w.jpg

@telecharge said:

@decibelle said:
    An awesome update would be to make the different presets sound at least a little bit like the mics they're intended to resemble, and less like small variations of each other?

Also helpful, would be access to settings customising each sound variation.

No offense, but that's a pretty harsh criticism. The user reviews and the professional reviews cited in the app's description suggest it's better than that.

In defense of any analog emulation, original analog equipment models typically vary from one to another.

Below is a video of John McBride who is the proprietor of Blackbird Studios in Nashville. As he mentions in the video, there is 1 (one) microphone that his wife Martina McBride uses (he even recites the serial number) -- even though he has a number of Telefunken 251s in his studio.

If an iOS app can even approximate original analog gear, I'm pretty chuffed.

No offense, but did you read the OP? @garygary explicitly solicited my suggestions, which I provided, as per the request.

I have no idea what relationship John McBride and @garygary may or may not have, and whether that may or may not relate to what was said in that video. I cannot speak to anybody else's opinion. If other people derive great use and enjoyment from this app, then I am sincerely delighted for them.

Sadly, my experiences with MicSwap Pro have been less favourable.

I am basing my suggestions for improvement solely on my own ears, my experience with MicSwap Pro since 2015, and my 30-odd years as a professional musician and foley recordist.

If you feel my suggestions are too harsh, then that surprises me. I've seen posts from you with sentiments I'd consider incredibly harsh, and supporting posts from others I'd consider incredibly harsh, and you didn't seem to have any issues with harshness then.

Nevertheless, I don't know what you expect me to do about it that would be in any way productive. Do you think unicorn rainbow kitten puppy content has more usefulness here?

• @garygary said:
    @decibelle Thanks for your feedback. I worked hard on these emulations and put them through many many tests. I've used these mics in my studio and others I've worked in for over 20 years. The sound will vary depending on the source your inputting ofcourse. Is there a particular mic model you think could be better?

@garygary I appreciate that you worked hard and tested your app a lot, and used a lot of mics over 20 years. None of that changes my experience with your app.

As I told @telecharge , my 30-odd years as a professional musical and foley recordist have themselves informed my experience with your app. I'm sincerely glad and happy for you that a lot of people like it.

Nevertheless, I cannot change what I am hearing from your app. I have tried many times with a diverse variety of audio. If you wanted only favourable suggestions, saying so at the start would have been helpful. I'm sorry I wasted both of our time.

• edited February 2017

Is there any suggestion that is not favourable, @decibelle? That eluded me, I confess. A suggestion, even when starting from criticism, is constructive by the very definition of the word. Unless it's sarcasm/irony, but in this case, I failed to grasp the humor.

And yes, I found your feedback as legitimate as anyone else's, and in fact, it seems to confirm my own personal experience with mic emulations (not this one, which I don't have). I am very skeptical about all of them, but MicSwap reputation here seems solid. It's a shame the App Store business model doesn't allow for demoing the app.

Worth noting that the developer's answer wasn't anything less than civil, so I think none of the people involved in the conversation should get emotional (which, thank God, didn't happen yet - people seem a little on the uptight side these days).

• @decibelle Not a waste of my time at all! That's what's great and painful about making music and other art forms, "good" is subjective. Not to get too deep here, but it's all great amigo :-)

• @decibelle said:
    No offense, but did you read the OP? @garygary explicitly solicited my suggestions, which I provided, as per the request.

Of course, I read the OP. I've already made a couple of suggestions myself -- without bitter sarcasm.

@decibelle said:
    I have no idea what relationship John McBride and @garygary may or may not have, and whether that may or may not relate to what was said in that video.

Sorry you can't make the connection.

@decibelle said:
    I cannot speak to anybody else's opinion. If other people derive great use and enjoyment from this app, then I am sincerely delighted for them.

I am basing my suggestions for improvement solely on my own ears, my experience with MicSwap Pro since 2015, and my 30-odd years as a professional musician and foley recordist.

Why didn't you say it like this in the first place?

@decibelle said:
    If you feel my suggestions are too harsh, then that surprises me. I've seen posts from you with sentiments I'd consider incredibly harsh, and supporting posts from others I'd consider incredibly harsh, and you didn't seem to have any issues with harshness then.

Nevertheless, I don't know what you expect me to do about it that would be in any way productive. Do you think unicorn rainbow kitten puppy content has more usefulness here?

I didn't say you were too harsh. You just made a claim without backing it up.

If you or anyone else here every thinks I'm unfairly harsh, please call me on it.

• @telecharge said:

@decibelle said:

Of course, I read the OP. I've already made a couple of suggestions myself -- without bitter sarcasm.

@decibelle said:
    I have no idea what relationship John McBride and @garygary may or may not have, and whether that may or may not relate to what was said in that video.

Sorry you can't make the connection.

@decibelle said:
    I cannot speak to anybody else's opinion. If other people derive great use and enjoyment from this app, then I am sincerely delighted for them.

Why didn't you say it like this in the first place?

@decibelle said:

I didn't say you were too harsh. You just made a claim without backing it up.

If you or anyone else here every thinks I'm unfairly harsh, please call me on it.

I don't know what "bitter sarcasm" you are referencing. This, just like every post I publish here, was worded as absolutely straightforwardly as I was able to make it. In relation to my posts in this thread, I personally experienced no such sentiment, nor anything like it.

Sincerely, seriously, literally, I have no idea what you're talking about.

The reason I worded my suggestion as I did, and not the way you asked me about, was because the request was for suggestions, not credentials.

I never said the app was bad or poor value for money, I solely said that to my ears each preset sounded similar and that my experiences with sounds of the named mics and their respective presets in the app is that they didn't match. If the app were described as "Choice of various editing presets to make your raw audio sound nicer", then my suggestions would instantly be moot.

What unbacked claim did I make? I remember none, can find none.

I'm calling you on your assertion of my harshness, unbacked claims, and bitter sarcasm.

It seems to me that in asserting certain categorisations, you have provided excellent examples of at least the first two. I cannot speak to the third, I was born without a sarcometer.

That last part was intended to be humourous. Absolutely sincere, but phrased humourously. Fer realz.

• @decibelle said:

I'm calling you on your assertion of my harshness, unbacked claims, and bitter sarcasm.

By stating...

@decibelle said:

...you are sarcastically asserting -- with no evidence or proof to back up your assertion -- that the app does not sound at all like the mics they're emulating.

Do you really not get that?

• @telecharge said:

@decibelle said:

By stating...

@decibelle said:

...you are sarcastically asserting -- with no evidence or proof to back up your assertion -- that the app does not sound at all like the mics they're emulating.

Do you really not get that?

Well, since I was the one initiating the words, and I feel completely secure in my memory of feeling just as sincere at the original time of posting as I do now, I genuinely get no sarcasm of any kind. I was being absolutely literal.

I am being completely sincere and straightforward, it's the only way I know how to be.

Given your unwillingness to accept my sincerity, and your comfort in insisting on the existence of sarcasm in somebody else's sarcasm-free sentiments, I am suspecting that subterfuge and sarcasm may be frequently in the forefront of your decision making.

I use only the words I mean, and I mean only the words I use. Anything else is not from me. I do not know how to be any clearer.

tl;dr: I really do not get that.

• @decibelle said:

Then it seems to me you lack self-awareness... or don't really understand what certain words mean, and that putting a question mark on the end of a statement doesn't make it a question... or something.

Anyway, go ahead and have the last word. I'm done.

• @telecharge said:

@decibelle said:

Then it seems to me you lack self-awareness... or don't really understand what certain words mean, and that putting a question mark on the end of a statement doesn't make it a question... or something.

Anyway, go ahead and have the last word. I'm done.

Given the global nature of this forum, this could possibly be a culture difference. My confusion is, with the words I used, why is sarcasm the ONLY option? Why is straightforward literalness impossible?

I'm willing to accept the possibility that I have the self awareness of a carrot with an undiagnosed developmental disorder of some kind. I literally sincerely accept those as legitimate possibilities.

Now I ask that you in turn accept the possibility that my words are legitimately straightforward and sincere also.

• edited February 2017

+1 for Rainbows, Unicorns and Puppies.

• rainbows, unicorns, puppies! That is awesome. lol...

I didn't really notice much of a difference when I first used micswap-pro. I'm not sure what happened, but one time using it, I finally heard a difference. It made the vocals sound more full, added some.......spice to them......I have one mic I really like in particular, I don't remember which one ATM......It seems to enrich my vocals the best. :) I have a MXL Condensor mic, so not the best, this helps it sound better fer sure.