Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BANK SELECT via MIDI...iOS SYNTHS.

Comments

• Thanks @gburks , done!

I'd really like to tidy that post up. If I get a few hours one weekend I'll do some new tests.

• Poison-202 supports preset change in standalone mode (not as AU, as far as I can tell).

Bank select 00: Bank A
    Bank select 01: Bank B
    Bank select 10: user preset bank UU
    ...followed by PC as you would expect.

• KQ MiniSynth in standalone mode supports PC 0-127 to select presets 1-128.

• edited November 2016

@Shaken&;Stirred Updated original post, thanks.

• @lbiyikoglu said:
    the next version of SynthMaster player app will include bank select and program change features

I don't see SynthMaster listed in the initial post... I just verified using Sidecar, that it works, and the preset display in the UI tells exactly what MSB/LSB/PC is required to select that preset. "Pro" upgrade is required for this feature.

• @Shaken&;Stirred

updated, thanks

• Also in multimedia sampletank, igrand and ilectric change preset through program change.

And Korg im1 with bank/prog change to select the cards with:

MSB LSB Card
    0 0 M1 Presets
    0 1 M1Ex Presets
    0 2 Memory
    0 3 Synth 1
    0 4 Drums1
    0 5 Orchestra
    0 22 User1
    0 23 User2
    0 24 User3
    0 25 User4
    0 37 Library1
    0 38 Library2

• edited January 2017

@hrestov Great info, thanks.

Got me to go in and work out all the others.

KORG iM1 CARDS Midi Bank-Changes.

Here they all are... :)

MSB - LSB - CARD
    (cc#0) - (cc#32)
    value - value -

0 - 0 - M1 PRESETS
    0 - 1 - M1EX PRESETS
    0 - 2 - MEMORY
    0 - 3 - SYNTH 1
    0 - 4 - DRUMS 1
    0 - 5 - ORCHESTRA
    0 - 6 - PIANO
    0 - 7 - FRETTED
    0 - 8 - SYNTH
    0 - 9 - PERCUSSION
    0 - 10 - ORGAN
    0 - 11 - ETHNIC
    0 - 12 - BRASS
    0 - 13 - SYNTH 2
    0 - 14 - ETHNIC 2
    0 - 15 - SE
    0 - 16 - DRUMS 2
    0 - 17 - ENV
    0 - 18 - AKIRA
    0 - 19 - FRAGILE
    0 - 20 - BUNMAY
    0 - 21 - KLC
    0 - 22 - USER 1
    0 - 23 - USER 2
    0 - 24 - USER 3
    0 - 25 - USER 4
    0 - 26 - T1 PRESETS
    0 - 27 - T1 SYNTHS
    0 - 28 - T1 DRUMS
    0 - 29 - T1 COMBI 1
    0 - 30 - T1 COMBI 2
    0 - 31 - T1 COMBI 3
    0 - 32 - T1 FRETTED
    0 - 33 - T1 ETHNIC
    0 - 34 - T1 SE
    0 - 35 - T1 ENV
    0 - 36 - T1 VOICE
    0 - 37 - LIBRARY 1
    0 - 38 - LIBRARY 2
    0 - 39 - iM1
    0 - 40 - LIBRARY 3
    0 - 41 - LIBRARY 4

• @crony said:
    Korg IM1 :

Select the number of the patch with Program Change x

With MSB : 0

With LSB:
    0. M1 PRESETS
    1. M1EX PRESETS
    2. MEMORY CARD
    3. SYNTH 1
    4. DRUMS 1
    5. ORCHESTRA 1
    6. PIANO
    7. FRETTED INSTS 1
    8. SYNTH 2
    9. PERCUSSION
    10. ORGAN
    11. ETHNIC 1
    12. BRASS
    13. SYNTH 3
    14. ETHNIC 2
    15. SOUND EFFECTS
    16. DRUMS 2
    17. ENVIRONMENT
    18. AKIRA
    19. WORLD OMNIBUS
    20. BUNMAY
    21. KORG LEGACY COLLECTION
    22. USER 1
    23. USER 2
    24. USER 3
    25. USER 4
    26. T1 PRESETS
    27. T1 SYNTH
    28. T1 DRUMS
    29. T1 COMBINATION 1
    30. T1 COMBINATION 2
    31. T1 COMBINATION 3
    32. T1 FRETTED INSTS
    33. T1 ETHNIC
    34. T1 SOUND EFFECTS
    35. T1 ENVIRONMENT
    36. T1 VOICE
    37. LIBRARY 1
    38. LIBRARY 2
    39. iM1 BEST COLLECTION

Doh! @Crony posted this on the previous page 8 months ago. Sorry, I missed this.

Could've saved myself an hour. Still, had a good time noodling in iM1.

:)

• edited January 2017

okay so what controllers accept this other than IRig keys and Irig pads? I assume they di outside of sampletank. I have a Launchkey 49 thats has this feature on the controller cant figure it out lol

• @Shazamm said:
    okay so what controllers accept this other than IRig keys and Irig pads? I assume they di outside of sampletank. I have a Launchkey 49 thats has this feature on the controller cant figure it out lol

It doesn't seem the Launchkey series can send program change messages. You can use MidiBridge or Midiflow to convert the messages. I found this thread on the subject (using MidiBridge): http://forum.novationmusic.com/forums/launchkey/launchkey-49-sampletank-ipad-app-compatibility

• @SpookyZoo no problem :)
    You may also add DRC which seems to respond to PC ! (I didn't try, I just saw a post from the developper saying that, but I don't know how it's implemented exactly...)
    Going to test, as it is one of my fav synth :)

• @brambos I realize that none of your apps respond to PC.
    At first, it didn't came out as a problem, because your apps are AUx, but...
    What if you want to make a live, lets say 10 tracks, on each of them I use at least 3 of your apps, so that means 30 apps opened for 3 different sounds on each track...I can afford 3 ipad pro, but not 10...
    Please add PC support to your apps.

Please, all people following this post, you know how important this is, bug him (nicely of course) till it come first on his todo list ! :)

• @crony said:
    @SpookyZoo no problem :)
    You may also add DRC which seems to respond to PC ! (I didn't try, I just saw a post from the developper saying that, but I don't know how it's implemented exactly...)
    Going to test, as it is one of my fav synth :)

Cool, let me know how it goes for you and I'll add it in.

Cheers. :)

• Ok, I've just started a new thread asking about Arturia minilab's ability (or lack of) sending program change messages.

Is any of you PC heads using minilabs mk2?

• Any luck with the minilab? @supadom

PC on DRC? @crony

• edited February 2017

@SpookyZoo said:
    Any luck with the minilab? @supadom

Yessssssss!

It's a keeper!

Edit: the keyboard is amazing and seems like quality is also overall improved. When I bought the first minilab, it arrived with one of the end cheeks detached. This feels much more solid.

• edited February 2017

@SpookyZoo I've asked the support of Imaginendo, I don't know why, I'm a bit allergic to that atm...Start to wonder if it's related to the latest IOS upgrade I did recently...

• @supadom said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    Any luck with the minilab? @supadom

Yessssssss!

It's a keeper!

Edit: the keyboard is amazing and seems like quality is also overall improved. When I bought the first minilab, it arrived with one of the end cheeks detached. This feels much more solid.

Good Stuff!

I'm unlikely to swap out from the X-Station, but glad to hear you got it sorted.

• @crony said:
    @SpookyZoo I've asked the support of Imaginendo, I don't know why, I'm a bit allergic to that atm...Start to wonder if it's related to the latest IOS upgrade I did recently...

What iOS are you on?

My experience of Imaginando support has been good.

I think @sinosoidal is the dev's AB profile here.

• @crony said:
    @brambos I realize that none of your apps respond to PC.

Ruismaker should already respond to program change (not bank select).

What if you want to make a live, lets say 10 tracks, on each of them I use at least 3 of your apps, so that means 30 apps opened for 3 different sounds on each track...

My plugins generally don't use much CPU when no sounds are playing, so if most of those 30 instances are idling, an iPad Air should be plenty powerful.

• edited February 2017

@brambos indeed except Ruismaker, but it's for each instrument only, not a bank, this is what you are saying, right ? checked the manual...But its not the case for your other apps, right ? (just trying to make things really clear, French here, I miss lots of stuffs quite often...)
    In fact, even if I may have multiple instance of any of your apps running, there's also a problem with the midi controls from a midi device.
    So ok, even if I give the same cc to each instance, how can I make change, let's say the resonance of a particular Troublemaker instance ? Or different delays ?
    I can manage with 2/3 instance on my midi controller, but 30 ???
    An other problem: when an instance crash, sometimes, all instance of the same AUx crash. That means I have to relaunch them one by one. In a live situation, that could take some time also...
    Final problem: still in a live, or even in recording mode, but playing live some knobs, then I want to restart the track, or go back after a break with all my modifications canceled, I may just load the preset again...That's much more easier than having to set each value...

An other final word, even with low CPU, 30 instances not running, takes CPU, and also RAM. And actually the only advanced thing to really cut CPU (but I'm not even sure it's really safe in long term) is to deactivate the instance with AUM (swipe left the node) BUT , this has to be done manually, you can't midi that part, and even if you can do, as there's no grouping in AUM, you can't make it properly to switch between tracks.

Sorry if that sound too demanding, I honestly think , program change/ bank select, is the only one good reliable solution since for ever.
    State saving and other new modern solutions are welcomed of course, but the prior implementation still program change above all of them.

• edited February 2017

DRC 1.0.9 responds PERFECTLY to PC. I have a problem atm to send PC with my Quneo, but it works perfectly with my BCR2000 :)
    Also Model 15 is well responding ! :)

• @brambos said:

@crony said:
    @brambos I realize that none of your apps respond to PC.

Ruismaker should already respond to program change (not bank select).

What if you want to make a live, lets say 10 tracks, on each of them I use at least 3 of your apps, so that means 30 apps opened for 3 different sounds on each track...

My plugins generally don't use much CPU when no sounds are playing, so if most of those 30 instances are idling, an iPad Air should be plenty powerful.

Any chance the Ruismakers will get their own preset management system? I just made some tweaks I like using GB but would like to save as a preset for use in other hosts.

• @crony said:
    DRC 1.0.9 responds PERFECTLY to PC. I have a problem atm to send PC with my Quneo, but it works perfectly with my BCR2000 :)
    Also Model 15 is well responding ! :)

Cheers. Updated 1st post.

• Looks like Layr's coming to this party for both performances and layers.

• @syrupcore said:
    Looks like Layr's coming to this party for both performances and layers.

Cool. I've only managed a brief look at the thread for Layr. Tasty screenshots. Is there an ETA for the app?

• @SpookyZoo said:

@syrupcore said:
    Looks like Layr's coming to this party for both performances and layers.

Cool. I've only managed a brief look at the thread for Layr. Tasty screenshots. Is there an ETA for the app?

Not that I know of.

• List of apps that work with irig keys pro

nanostudio eden
    heavy brass
    ifretless sax
    ifretless brass
    DRC
    Voice synth
    magellan
    nlog pro
    dxi
    nave