Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Garageband, optimizing performance

edited January 2014 in Support and Feedback

Since a couple of weeks I have been getting this more and more frequently. After recording 5-6 tracks GB starts this thing every 5 minutes, and it takes longer and longer to finish for each time. This is a serious WTF, it's really hopeless to try to get any flow when you're constantly interrupted and have to wait.

Does anyone know of a way to stop it?

I'm on a 16G iPad 2, 5G free, rebooted, airplane mode. Also tried launching GB from AB, with the highest latency. Nothing helps.

Comments

• Carlsson check out Strickly GB support and feedback not to many answers i am afraid, although the app changing speed seems reasonable ,i have slowed down and have noticed a major difference,this of course is anecdotal,a bit of a mystery for sure, so give a shout out if you get anymore info greenie

• Thanks, I think you're on to something. I mostly follow the same recording process, start with drums (internal) then a couple of mic'ed accoustics, bass and vocals. After that, I start adding "details" using other apps thru AB. If I have to do retakes there's a lot of switching back and forth. I'll try to slow it down a bit.

• I've also noticed of late GB taking more opportunities to 'Optimize' performance when I open some given song... If doesn't take a lot of time, but it does happen more often than when I first started using GB.

• I'm not sure why GB would be eating more resources then earlier versions, I never use it really. I'm guessing iOS 7 could very well be one reason. The optimizing thing GB does is freezing tracks (rendering any track that uses effects and/or memory hungry instruments, into a temp audio file, which releases CPU as well as RAM memory). In any other DAW this would be completely user controlled, but GB is designed for quite a wide audience so it tries its best to guess when it needs to freeze tracks.

• GarageBand has optimized my performance 15 times in the last half hour. It's optimized my performance so many times I can't imagine how it could possibly be any more optimal. At this rate of optimization, this just may turn out to be the greatest song ever recorded by man.

Either that, or my phone itself will require significant optimization after my increasing desire to smash it to pieces manifests itself.

• @AnalogCortex said:
    GarageBand has optimized my performance 15 times in the last half hour. It's optimized my performance so many times I can't imagine how it could possibly be any more optimal. At this rate of optimization, this just may turn out to be the greatest song ever recorded by man.

Either that, or my phone itself will require significant optimization after my increasing desire to smash it to pieces manifests itself.

Indeed. This is horrific and of course there's no product manager in sight to talk to about it. Perhaps @brambos could ask his Apple contacts?