Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Alchemy alert

Just got a pop-up when I opened Alchemy announcing that 'Alchemy may slow down your device'. I have a 6S, 10.2.1. Any commentary on such is welcome - I've never seen such a pop-up before.

Comments

• edited February 2017

@Brain The pop up happens when you open a 32 bit app, there was a thread a few weeks ago about this happening in Alchemy on iPad in particular, picking up on the irony of being advised to "contact the developer" about the problem (Apple owns Alchemy, and since that thread a version of it appears now in Garage Band).

It doesn't slow anything down, but 32 bit stuff (rumor has it) will be unusable when iOS 11 goes live.

• This warning shows up on iOS 10 only I think. Did you recently upgrade?

• No ive got it on 9.3 too.

• It indicates alchemy will stop working with iOS 11 (or some future version of iOS). The message that pop ups on 10.3 betas make that even more clear.

• @Halftone said:
    No ive got it on 9.3 too.

Really?I have no warnings on 9.3.5

• Actually. I don't get the messsage now, since I've updated to iOS 10.2.1(the latest)....... I did get the slow down message before......

• @studs1966 said:
    Actually. I don't get the messsage now, since I've updated to iOS 10.2.1(the latest)....... I did get the slow down message before......

It only appears once , the first time you open the app.

• @Lacm1993 said:

@studs1966 said:
    Actually. I don't get the messsage now, since I've updated to iOS 10.2.1(the latest)....... I did get the slow down message before......

It only appears once , the first time you open the app.

Well maybe I'm lucky. But......... before I updated to the latest iOS, Alchemy showed the slow down message all the time..... But after Apples latstest update it didn't.
    I'm on Air 1. Anyway, so far it works as it should........... But as I have an Air 1, I cannot use Alchemy in GB(tho that's not a problem for me)....... Still........ ;)

• It only appears once , the first time you open the app.

That more than likely explains it.

• @Hmtx said:
    This warning shows up on iOS 10 only I think. Did you recently upgrade?

Yes - to 10.2.1.