Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Caustic 3.2

I just saw a whole bunch of videos for 3.2 drop on YouTube, is the update live? ( Sorry can't check myself, my iPad is out of juice )

Comments

• yes, updating...

• Fantastic! Just updated, really wasn't expecting this to happen! :-)

• Saved from the 32 bit cull as well presumably.

• edited February 2017

Audiobus transport / app switching does not work ,(edit ,it does on iPad not on my iPhone 5s )
    no IAA transport, no way to sync (no Link,no IAA sync) , it doesn't always launch inside AUM.

I wouldn't recommend buying it.
    (edit: unless you use it standalone or don't care about syncing with other apps)

• Is this the big update that people were waiting for?

• @anickt have you checked it out?

@Jocphone yes, this is the big update.

• @Korakios said:
    Audiobus transport / app switching does not work ,
    no IAA transport, no way to sync (no Link,no IAA sync) , it doesn't always launch inside AUM.

Main question. Can it export projects as midi into AudioShare ? If yes just the fact that it has scale lock and alternate time signatures now makes it a useful midi sketch pad to import into other apps like modstep or cubasis.

• @overorange said:
    @anickt have you checked it out?

@Jocphone yes, this is the big update.

I'm just finding out about it. I'll check it out later. I have been using the beta for a while and it does a lot in one small inexpensive package. One thing that is really cool about Caustic is that project files contain all presets, samples etc. A brilliant way to archive projects.

However...
    @Korakios - in spite of those things (I think they will get fixed because those are just library updates) this is well worth the price even if you have to export stems for further work.

• @anickt I was waiting very long ,too long . Great app but would prefer to invest on more expensive app that is regularly updated. (Just an opinion)

Must mention that the AB app switch works on the iPad . Had to play a little with landscape/portrait mode . Still on the iPhone doesn't work on landscape mode.

Also the app still doesn't fit correctly on screen . On iPad there is an option to automatically fill the screen ,but I disabled it.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@Korakios said:

Main question. Can it export projects as midi into AudioShare ? If yes just the fact that it has scale lock and alternate time signatures now makes it a useful midi sketch pad to import into other apps like modstep or cubasis.

Just did. And so easily. This is in combination with the so-easy song mode, makes this a very good sketcher.

• edited February 2017

Deleted

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@Korakios said:

Just did. And so easily. This is in combination with the so-easy song mode, makes this a very good sketcher.

Where ,how?!

• @Korakios said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@Korakios said:

Where ,how?!

Go to 'Song' and fiddle about :)

1.png 105.9K
  • @JohnnyGoodyear said:

Please show us oh wise one. Screenshots preferable. Will definitely grab it if that's the case.

• Well done General :D

• The update is available on Android and it's working great at the moment (Xperia Z2) :p

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Please show us oh wise one. Screenshots preferable. Will definitely grab it if that's the case.

Screenshots above, if you need/want to see something more specific just let me know....

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Screenshots above, if you need/want to see something more specific just let me know....

actually. forgot i owned caustic on my android phone. now i can make riffs anywhere then email/dropbox and use them on my ipad/pc :D this is awesome!

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

actually. forgot i owned caustic on my android phone. now i can make riffs anywhere then email/dropbox and use them on my ipad/pc :D this is awesome!

Agreed.

• well, until you've spent several months with this app any opinion should be held by the tongue ( and seriously it will take you more than that to discover all the hidden beauty in this app. just the modular synth alone and the things you can do routing stuff through it!... arggh I shouldn't even start I would be here for ever.. ) even though its supposed to be an android app this thing is at its very best in ios on an ipad.. look past the look ( utilitarian, which i actually like ) .. I still can't believe that korg got away with ripping this app off for the gadget concept .. and nobody noticed!!
    ( glad they did of course... love that gadget shineyness also )
    anyways.. its been a long wait, Rej has had some trials and probably this should have been out 6 months ago... I'm still in shock that it's here, no warning, very korg :) .. but at least it means I can swap 3.2 files with friends now and my beta isn't stuck on the one ipad..
    watch the tutorial vids.. it'll get you 25% of the way in ... the rest.. is a journey.
    it's a deceptive fish... it looks like plain cod... but there are lobster and prawn flavours ready to assault yr palate...
    this is indeed an historic day... so historic the single cell software site has crashed.. shame... all those nifty presets lurking there.. waiting for a simple command :
    "OPEN SESAMIN!”

• I brought up the fact that iOS libraries need to be updated on the Caustic forum. The dev mentioned he just wanted to get 3.2 out after all the delays (stay-at-home dad) and that bug fixes were next.

He also has what looks like a pretty cool mastering app although there is no iOS version yet. From what I have seen, Caustic and the mastering app would make a pretty nice little self-contained production system.

• @RockySmalls said:
    well, until you've spent several months with this app any opinion should be held by the tongue ( and seriously it will take you more than that to discover all the hidden beauty in this app. just the modular synth alone and the things you can do routing stuff through it!... arggh I shouldn't even start I would be here for ever.. ) even though its supposed to be an android app this thing is at its very best in ios on an ipad.. look past the look ( utilitarian, which i actually like ) .. I still can't believe that korg got away with ripping this app off for the gadget concept .. and nobody noticed!!
    ( glad they did of course... love that gadget shineyness also )
    anyways.. its been a long wait, Rej has had some trials and probably this should have been out 6 months ago... I'm still in shock that it's here, no warning, very korg :) .. but at least it means I can swap 3.2 files with friends now and my beta isn't stuck on the one ipad..
    watch the tutorial vids.. it'll get you 25% of the way in ... the rest.. is a journey.
    it's a deceptive fish... it looks like plain cod... but there are lobster and prawn flavours ready to assault yr palate...
    this is indeed an historic day... so historic the single cell software site has crashed.. shame... all those nifty presets lurking there.. waiting for a simple command :
    "OPEN SESAMIN!”

oh dont get me wrong. owned caustic on android for years. sadly my old phone had crazy latency. apparently my existing one can use caustic pretty low latency :D i loved noodling around so much that i just downloaded it on the app store as well for my ipad. what intruiges me a lot is projects seem to be cross platform. so can save on my dropbox and use it on Android/Ios/Pc(free app).

• OH WOW. The Midi export from caustic=>audioshare=>modstep is phenomenal.
    when imported each instrument gets a separate track. this is amazing XD
    the fact that it has thumbjam style external midi scale lock makes it even better!

• Caustic looks interesting! I bought it years ago...unfortunately midi clock isn't working :(

• @slaq said:
    Caustic looks interesting! I bought it years ago...unfortunately midi clock isn't working :(

just think of it as a midi sketchpad. or something to feed loops into Blocs.
    even if it wont clock to other apps it has loads of uses :D

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@slaq said:
    Caustic looks interesting! I bought it years ago...unfortunately midi clock isn't working :(

just think of it as a midi sketchpad. or something to feed loops into Blocs.
    even if it wont clock to other apps it has loads of uses :D

Of course it is a great sequencer with a good attitude! It could be a suberb little live jamming app when midi clock or Ableton Link were on board ;)

• Copied over some troublemaker .midi and transposed it within another scale (;

• Oh wow! The MIDI export thing looks really interesting. Caustic, not unlike Gadget, has some design choices in the sequencer that take a little adjustment, but it's a very powerful program and the ability to work in there and export MIDI elsewhere is really interesting. Particularly on iPhone, where I always thought Caustic did a uniquely good job of being workable on the small screen.

SawSynth sounds pretty good too! The on-board sounds of Caustic aren't going to go head to head with Gadget, or even most standalone synth apps, but it has a "open-source" capabilities that allow you to tweak and make it into just about anything you want.

• Is this one of those ones where each synth you add can only have one sound for the whole song or can you change synth presets per pattern?