Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What favorite 32-bit music apps are you going to miss?

Apple is going to drop support for 32-bit apps it appears in iOS 11 (see article at link).

What favorite 32-bit music apps are you going to miss on future systems that run iOS 11?

Standalone Alchemy will be one for me... :anguished:

SynthX will be another.

Any others that come to mind?

https://9to5mac.com/2017/01/31/ios-10-3-beta-32-bit-app-warning/

Comments

• Is FLUX:FX 32 bit? (I think so)

If so hopefully we'll get that long promised update with full MIDI functionality

• Is there an easy way to tell if an app is 32-bit?

• Some apps give me a....

"Name of the app" May Slow Down Your iPad

The developer of this app needs to update it to improve its compatibility.

...message when launching the app. Are those the 32 bit ones?

• @gmslayton said:
    Is there an easy way to tell if an app is 32-bit?

When you start a 32 bit app your warned that the app may slow your system down.
    http://appleinsider.com/articles/16/06/15/ios-10-warns-users-when-opening-legacy-apps-not-encoded-in-64-bit

• Sorry at advance if I offense anyone, but this sounds a little bit like Trump's executive orders. :(

Take it or leave it.

• @hacked_to_pieces ok thanks. Since I dont ever recall getting that message, I assume I am save with the apps that I use.

• None. I only use apps that are well supported by their developers, so all my apps are already compatible.

• edited January 2017

Just found one, MidiBridge. But I hardly ever use it.

Sunrizer as well. I guess I havent opened all my apps since I updated to iOS 10.

• edited January 2017

Just did a little checking... Caustic, NanoStudio, Arpegionome Pro... in addition to the Alchemy elephant. I'm sure there are more.

• Flection and Photophore.....those are sounds that I can't get anywhere else

• My strange agency stuff and things like audio palette and noteplex, might keep my air 2 on 9.3.5 tho.

• @supadom I didnt get the warning when I opened samplr, so we might be in the clear on that one.

• @supadom said:
    Samplr? :#

Yea, still not updating from iOS 9.35 as I'm afraid things gonna get weirded and a lot of audioapps not going to function anymore, even though I get that annoyin popup to update, on a daily...

• Impaktor?

• FLUX:fx definitiv

• @nick said:
    Z3TA+

Z3TA+ is dual arch:

z3ta: Mach-O universal binary with 2 architectures: [armv7: Mach-O armv7 executable, flags:<NOUNDEFS|DYLDLINK|TWOLEVEL|WEAK_DEFINES|BINDS_TO_WEAK|PIE>] [arm64]

• I absolutely won't miss Akai's ridiculous Synthstation app.

• @u0421793 said:
    I absolutely won't miss Akai's ridiculous Synthstation app.

"Akai Professional" please. ;)

From a quick check ordered by most used first:

Impaktor (Noooooooo.....)
    Sunrizer (Probably don't need this but it can produce some nice noises)
    Jasuto (I'll miss this little gem a bit)
    PPG Wavegenerator (Free)
    MorphWiz (Why did I buy this again? Also, those wizard graphics are dumb)
    Aphonium (Why is this still installed?)

Samplr is fine for now, praise be.

• No! Sunrizer is fantastic!

• @noodldoodl said:
    No! Sunrizer is fantastic!

Indeed, hence the reason it's still on my upgraded iPad. I guess it's been buried a bit under all my other acquisitions.

Oddly I thought the warning came up every time you opened an app these days but it seems to have stopped (I wanted to double-check). I live more in hope than expectation.

• Is Guitarism 32 bit?

• Beepstreet is working on a new synth, and once he's finished with that, I believe he'll update Sunrizer. Beepstreet is an independent type of developer who cares about his fans. We may be without Sunrizer for a few months if Beepstreet doesn't update it before iOS 11, but we'll be alright.

I'm not sure, but is Thor 32-bit or 64-bit? That'd the one I'd miss the most, but if so, Propellerheads seem to care about all of their customers, so we'd not be without it for too long.

I wouldn't hold my breath on z3ta+ though. Cakewalk, despite being an established company with a team of developers, doesn't give a single flying shit about us iOS musicians. I asked them about 2-3 weeks back if they were finally going to update z3ta+, but no. "It's not in their roadmap" despite the last update being a little over two years ago.

• @MusicMan4Christ, @jwmmakerofmusic

Guitarism and Thor all good.

(I have way too many apps ...)

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Beepstreet is working on a new synth, and once he's finished with that, I believe he'll update Sunrizer. Beepstreet is an independent type of developer who cares about his fans.

GTK. :+1:

We may be without Sunrizer for a few months if Beepstreet doesn't update it before iOS 11, but we'll be alright.

More like: Apple will be without our update to iOS 11 for a few months :wink:

• edited February 2017

I will miss the iPad 4... iMIDIPatchbay... flux:fx and the update that's always on the horizon but never comes.

I won't be missing guitarism, z3ta and alchemy, I accepted those as abandonware a long time ago, (I know about guitarism and the Facebook compatibility update)

• Nanostudio and Sunrizer from the regular use pile. I will not update my iPad 3 beyond 9 ever. And probably wont update the Air until NS2 lands. :)

• edited February 2017

@syrupcore said:
    Nanostudio and Sunrizer from the regular use pile. I will not update my iPad 3 beyond 9 ever. And probably wont update the Air until NS2 lands. :)

My iPad 3 will remain on iOS 9.3.5 as well... it's not like I can update it iOS 10 anyways...