Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DubSiren lovers beware !!!

The recent update appears to have broken it for use in both Audiobus & Aum :(

Comments

• Grrrrrrr. Certainly seems that way. Sent them an email ([email protected]). Encourage others to do also.

• @Paul16 said:

Heard from them and apparently they're talking to the programmers etc.

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    Love Dub Siren

I know. Does things and is fun. The two main boxes right there.

• I know @jakoB_haQ loves Dub Siren, so hopefully they get it fixed since it's one of his favourite apps.

• Hey Guys
    I love it to - anyone else wish it enabled external MIDI control? Then sounds could be triggered and delay tweaked on the fly in a live setting, a lot easier than poking at a flat glass screen.

Maybe if we all emailed them? I didn't realize there was so much DubSiren love around here (I love it, for sure)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Grrrrrrr. Certainly seems that way. Sent them an email ([email protected]). Encourage others to do also.

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    I know @jakoB_haQ loves Dub Siren, so hopefully they get it fixed since it's one of his favourite apps.

Same / same - have similarly petitioned the creators.

Really wish I had overridden the knee jerk response & not hit that update button so swiftly :/

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Paul16 said:

Heard from them and apparently they're talking to the programmers etc.

Good news. I had wondered about the possibility of any © issues being involved.

• @Paul16 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Grrrrrrr. Certainly seems that way. Sent them an email ([email protected]). Encourage others to do also.

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    I know @jakoB_haQ loves Dub Siren, so hopefully they get it fixed since it's one of his favourite apps.

Really wish I had overridden the knee jerk response & not hit that update button so swiftly :/

I used to be like that, mate. Now, I play it smart and lay in the weeds, or I let a developer know my dismay directly rather than bother with the appstore review section (which many developers may not even bother with).

• Have heard from the dev with questions. Hopefully they are taking a look. I DO have it working/recording directly into AS, but no AB luck....

• Latest from the Dev:

Ok thank you for the info.So sorry for inconvenience. We will fix it as soon as possible.

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@Paul16 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

I used to be like that, mate. Now, I play it smart and lay in the weeds, or I let a developer know my dismay directly rather than bother with the appstore review section (which many developers may not even bother with).

Likewise, I generally stave off the updates until stopping in hereabouts for the latest lowdown, it must've been some sort of a primal response from days gone by ;)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Have heard from the dev with questions. Hopefully they are taking a look. I DO have it working/recording directly into AS, but no AB luck....

Do you mean by placing it into one of the record input slots in Audioshare ?
    Not showing up in the list for me. Same with Cubasis, DubSiren has disappeared from the list of app options :(

• edited January 2017

In AudioShare next to the mic symbol in recording mode if you tap plus there's DubSiren's Main Out (generator) on the scroll, @Paul16 (- the other slots are for fx iaa's)

• :p cheers, had briefly tried that earlier but absent mindedly failed to fully scroll down the list from 'instruments' & on into 'generators' :#

• edited February 2017

@Paul16 said:
    :p cheers, had briefly tried that earlier but absent mindedly failed to fully scroll down the list from 'instruments' & on into 'generators' :#

Latest from the dev:

Hey I updated the audiobus server side. Would you please check if the dub siren is working with Audiobus?
    Thank you!

Daisuke

Do go ahead and see if this is working for you now. Let me know the status and I will pass along any comments/feedback.

• It's in the ab input list, it's loading, sound is there, no ab side panel, a blank inside other app's own panel, and zzz'ing ... thx for the open channel, @JohnnyGoodyear (:

• @ccs2 said:
    It's in the ab input list, it's loading, sound is there, no ab side panel, a blank inside other app's own panel, and zzz'ing ... thx for the open channel, @JohnnyGoodyear (:

Yeah. Just saw the same, screen-shotted it and passed it along, as I will your message too. Hey, at least they're noodling at it, bless em.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Paul16 said:
    :p cheers, had briefly tried that earlier but absent mindedly failed to fully scroll down the list from 'instruments' & on into 'generators' :#

Latest from the dev:

Hey I updated the audiobus server side. Would you please check if the dub siren is working with Audiobus?
    Thank you!

Daisuke

Do go ahead and see if this is working for you now. Let me know the status and I will pass along any comments/feedback.

No its not

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Paul16 said:

Latest from the dev:

Thank you!

Daisuke

Just received...

'Hey I will submit the fixed version very soon. Sorry for inconvenience.

Daisuke'

• Crossed fingers etc.

• This would be the update for the above mentioned.
    But the ab panel is locked and unresponsive here
    and the radio won't play, mailed them about it.

• Just updated...AB side panel still not working (but then it never did for me), the app itself seems to be functioning ok, ran into Audioshare via AB succesfully but no sound when trying AB into Cubasis atm :neutral:

• edited February 2017

@Paul16 said:
    Just updated...AB side panel still not working (but then it never did for me), the app itself seems to be functioning ok, ran into Audioshare via AB succesfully but no sound when trying AB into Cubasis atm :neutral:

Working fine for me now (haven't tried CB either), but AB into AS etc works perfectly. As for the side panel, it's that 'turn it upside down' thing....

EDIT: Should be said that I did delete and reinstall the app etc.

• 'The update is online. Could you please download and check it? Before that please delete the app from device and restart the device.
    Please let me know if this version works.

Best,
    Daisuke'

Having deleted & reinstalled it now all seems to be good. Cubasis working again, hurrah :)

• All this AND Daisuke says he will be recording some Ranking Joe for a new sample pack. Yum.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    All this AND Daisuke says he will be recording some Ranking Joe for a new sample pack. Yum.

Ranking Joe?........ Sweet!......... I wonder if he would ask Sir David Rodigan for some sample packs too?........ or Prince Jammy?........

• edited February 2017

:p