Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New app: Reslice by VirSyn

Comments

• Under the Common tab in the arp.

• edited January 2017

@aaronpc said:

@Jocphone said:
    Although I think it will put all the files in a new email as attachments anyway and then you can grab the files from there without sending anything

Sending to myself works, but I can't copy/paste individual files from the email draft to audioshare before sending. What's the trick?

I tried it and couldn't figure it out right away. But it does work if you cancel the mail and save the draft. Then in mail you can find the draft, just tap and hold the file and you can open in. Cool work around!

• O yes i find it, thanks

• @Munibeast said:

@aaronpc said:

@Jocphone said:
    Although I think it will put all the files in a new email as attachments anyway and then you can grab the files from there without sending anything

Sending to myself works, but I can't copy/paste individual files from the email draft to audioshare before sending. What's the trick?

I tried it and couldn't figure it out right away. But it does work if you cancel the mail and save the draft. Then in mail you can find the draft, just tap and hold the file and you can open in. Cool work around!

Ah, now I remember, thx. I guess that's at least a little less hassle than sending it to yourself, especially when offline.

• Yes, and it should work with any app that doesn't offer open in but has email export.

• @1P18 said:
    @VirSyn I'm getting a small bug: when opening the app and using a preset I made the effects show that they are on, but they aren't. I have to turn them off then back on again for them to work. Not sure if this has been reported yet, haven't been keeping up with this thread.

In modstep it doesn't remember the last preset I used?

• @Dchild said:

@1P18 said:
    @VirSyn I'm getting a small bug: when opening the app and using a preset I made the effects show that they are on, but they aren't. I have to turn them off then back on again for them to work. Not sure if this has been reported yet, haven't been keeping up with this thread.

In modstep it doesn't remember the last preset I used?

Modstep doesn't always remember au presets. It's one of the main reason I host them in AUM and just send midi from modstep.

• It may have been mentioned already, but please @VirSyn I'm hoping the plan is to incorporate some of the nice features in Reslice's arp into Addictive Pro's arp. Especially the little arrows on the arp timeline.

Using Reslice on the iphone like Yellofier. Magnificient!

• I'm not familiar with yellofier so it's not clear what the connection is to Reslice?

• edited January 2017

@lukesleepwalker said:
    I'm not familiar with yellofier so it's not clear what the connection is to Reslice?

Yellofier is a dead simple slicer. You record something and it slices to transients. It has a little pattern based sequencer and built in effects. You have zero control over the effects. It's an "ez slicer". It's simplified but it produces very cool results (IMO).

To see how Reslice compared I just recorded some sounds like I would with Yellofier - hitting stuff, mouth noises, etc. I then sequenced them in Reslice. Worked pretty well. Reslice doesn't have a pattern sequencer like Yellofier but you can make different "patterns" by playing the arp with the built in keyboard.

Personally I was curious because support for Yellofier seemed to end long ago. It no longer loads into AUM for example. So I wanted to see how Reslice compared. They're different for sure - one big difference is that Reslice is actively developed. ;)

• @ecamburn said:
    Personally I was curious because support for Yellofier seemed to end long ago. It no longer loads into AUM for example.

I wonder if @j_liljedahl is aware of that? He coded Yellofier as well but changes/updates are probably up to Yello.

• @syrupcore said:

@ecamburn said:
    Personally I was curious because support for Yellofier seemed to end long ago. It no longer loads into AUM for example.

I wonder if @j_liljedahl is aware of that? He coded Yellofier as well but changes/updates are probably up to Yello.

In the past @j_liljedahl has said that people need to contact Boris Blank/Yello to request updates to Yellofier.

You can still load up Yellofier in Audiobus and route it through to AUM.

• yellofier slices to transients now?
    might have to load that one back up

• Over at discchord...
    Seems like a perfect input device for ReSlice.

http://discchord.com/gear/2017/01/27/making-music-with-electromagnetic-fields

• Another fresh update in app sto

• @Gaia.Tree said:
    Another fresh update in app sto

Fixes the zoom issue on iPhone... YEE HAW!

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@Gaia.Tree said:
    Another fresh update in app sto

Fixes the zoom issue on iPhone... YEE HAW!

Works well on 6S now, hurrah!

• @VirSyn Great update. You guys are Gentlemen and Scholars.

The Key Sync Works great now with Ableton Link enabled. Got to get to work on a little Jam Session with a Wine Glass Sample.

• @InfoCheck said:

@syrupcore said:

@ecamburn said:

In the past @j_liljedahl has said that people need to contact Boris Blank/Yello to request updates to Yellofier.

You can still load up Yellofier in Audiobus and route it through to AUM.

...and if nothing else, there is always Sector, provided you're on iPad. I used to prefer Yellofier myself, as it is simple, and obviously work on my phone, whereas I found Sector a tad scary. Then it clicked, and I realised Sector is like everything Jonatan had done with the Yellofier(s), but more. Quite easy to get similar results out of too, in both a more controlled fashion and at the same time more chaotic fashion. The main difference remaining after that is that Yellofier lets us load two files of course.

• hats off to the developers!

• @LeonLeroy said:
    hats off to the developers!

Hi-hats I presume?

Swift responses from devs like this go a long way to influencing future purchases ...

• @VirSyn I think ifound a massive bug. using the Iconnectaudio4+ the app refuses to give any sound that isn't garbled at 24bit audio and 96000hz regardless of buffer settings in AUM.

• edited January 2017

Hi @VirSyn love the app but please allow sample management via iTunes/ifunbox. Playing last night when I ran out of space with 5gb suddenly taken up by ReSlice. Now I can't see what the offending sample is (I didn't import anything that size so not sure what happened). With sample access I could easily find and delete the rogue preset.

Is preset sharing working? For me it generates a very small .fxp file which opens on another device as blank data. AirDrop and other sharing options needed.

**edit: ** ok seems to be importing presets ok, you import 1st sample and then the fxp file, but very long winded for each preset. it looks as though I'm going to have to do this for all of my presets and reinstall the app to get the 5gb of space back so I think sample management is essential in an app like this.

• @Virsyn could you take a look at the slice sensitivity issue? (slider to max many transients detected as it should, but lowering the slider to minimum the same amount of detected transients remains)
    I could not find on VirSyn site ,support for the app to report the issue.

• Reslice with a wine glass. @VirSyn Great job again on fixing the Key Sync.

I will also second that Sample Management as my Reslice quickly grew out of control and I just deleted it and reinstalled it. To much trouble backing up presets right now.

• @Korakios said:

I could not find on VirSyn site ,support for the app to report the issue.

It's here, click on support link on this page ....
    http://www.virsyn.net/mobileapp/

They are pretty good at support

• @gmslayton said:
    Reslice with a wine glass. @VirSyn Great job again on fixing the Key Sync.

I will also second that Sample Management as my Reslice quickly grew out of control and I just deleted it and reinstalled it. To much trouble backing up presets right now.

Two things.
    No. 1: Your videos are inspiring and brief and I love them. That the music is excellent is a bonus. Or maybe it sounds like my noodlings, but then just when I think we are sympatico, I come to No. 2.

No. 2: Three apps in your drum folder? WHO ARE YOU?

• @ExAsperis99 Thanks. I am glad you like my videos.

What other drum apps do I need to make sure we are Sympatico? I do own DM1 but its currently not installed. Gadget has drums as well.

• @gmslayton said:
    Reslice with a wine glass. @VirSyn Great job again on fixing the Key Sync.

Another great informative and musical demo. Thanks for doing these, you've convinced me to hit the Buy button.

• Damn straight. That's another winner of a video. Thanks, Mitch.