Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New app: Reslice by VirSyn

Comments

• Hi all,

Key sync in Arpeggio got a bit wild it seems...
    It wasn't thought to work with Link because Link not only gives the tempo but also gives a raster for the beat. Therefore the arpeggio is sync'd without Key Sync anyway. The same is true in an AU Host like Cubasis or Modstep: Arpeggio is automatically in sync without the new option.

To sum up - if you want to key sync the arpeggio you have to work with the stand alone app and disable Link.
    Inside a host you should be set with the standard mode. The Arpeggio should be in sync to the beats of the host sequencer.

I have to think about the use cases again and eventually disable key sync if Link is enabled or ReSlice is synced to a host. Or maybe it should override the given raster. ( Just loud thinking now )

Sorry for the confusion, but at the moment it's best not to use Key sync together with either Link enabled or inside a host until i find a solution for this.

• The new press-hold to zoom is too nice to have just been whipped up- must have just missed the original release, methinks.

• @aaronpc said:
    The new press-hold to zoom is too nice to have just been whipped up- must have just missed the original release, methinks.

According to Virsyn, zoom wasn't in the original release and really optimizes the slicing for me.

• per track level, gate, decay etc please!

• Quick look at the new features.

• Zoom doesn't appear to work on iPhone. Unless my fingers are too big.

• @Jocphone Just tested it and it works. You have to make sure slices is selected and then click and hold at the top of the slice and it will zoom in.

• @gmslayton said:
    @Jocphone Just tested it and it works. You have to make sure slices is selected and then click and hold at the top of the slice and it will zoom in.

Works every time on the iPad. Haven't been able to get it to work once on the iPhone 6S. Maybe they haven't tried it with 3D touch?

• Bug on the slice sensitivity . If setting too high can't revert to lower setting easily. And the slicer seems to be a bit over sensitive even on lowest setting. (Air2 10.2)

• @Jocphone Mine is a 5s. I can use my wife's 6s later on and see if its an isolated occurrence.

• @Jocphone said:

@gmslayton said:
    @Jocphone Just tested it and it works. You have to make sure slices is selected and then click and hold at the top of the slice and it will zoom in.

Works every time on the iPad. Haven't been able to get it to work once on the iPhone 6S. Maybe they haven't tried it with 3D touch?

It does not work on my 6S either. Works great on iPad Air 2.

• @VirSyn said:
    Hi all,

Key sync in Arpeggio got a bit wild it seems...
    It wasn't thought to work with Link because Link not only gives the tempo but also gives a raster for the beat. Therefore the arpeggio is sync'd without Key Sync anyway. The same is true in an AU Host like Cubasis or Modstep: Arpeggio is automatically in sync without the new option.

To sum up - if you want to key sync the arpeggio you have to work with the stand alone app and disable Link.
    Inside a host you should be set with the standard mode. The Arpeggio should be in sync to the beats of the host sequencer.

I have to think about the use cases again and eventually disable key sync if Link is enabled or ReSlice is synced to a host. Or maybe it should override the given raster. ( Just loud thinking now )

Sorry for the confusion, but at the moment it's best not to use Key sync together with either Link enabled or inside a host until i find a solution for this.

Thanks for the explanation.

• edited January 2017

@lukesleepwalker said:

@Jocphone said:

@gmslayton said:

It does not work on my 6S either. Works great on iPad Air 2.

The zoom doesn't work on my iPhone 6 either because the App Store was acting up again and didn't successfully download the update even though it said it did. Once the update was downloaded, zoom worked as expected. Check to make sure it's the updated version if you haven't already.

• Found that you can stay in zoom mode if you tap another slice ,convenient for editing slices that are close together.

• I'm loving this app. Quick tip for Ruismaker fans. In AUM Host Ruismaker. Random until you find a nice kit. Enable record and play each drum in order. The recording is automatically saved in audio share. Launch ReSlice import the sample you just recorded from audio share. Then have fun with the arp programming crazy drums. Oh and then a litttle troublemaker! @brambos

• @syrupcore said:
    Making me want to re-investigate Yellofier.

Always a worthy endeavor
    I came back to Yellofier just a few weeks ago, and wondered why it had been so long

• @JeffChasteen said:

@syrupcore said:
    Making me want to re-investigate Yellofier.

Always a worthy endeavor
    I came back to Yellofier just a few weeks ago, and wondered why it had been so long

Nice! I haven't done it yet but this app did get me to revisit Egoist. Tremendous app.

• @Dchild said:
    Oh and then a litttle troublemaker!

It's pure coincidence that these two apps were released in proximity to each other, but the combination of the two is amazing--mostly because it's so easy to get great stuff out of each in such short time. I put on a mutating Troublemaker groove and then get a good sample to slice and hit the random button in ReSlice. So much fun it should be illegal. Well done, @brambos and @VirSyn!

• Can you import FLAC files into ReSlice? (Not working for the couple I've tried).

• Man, leave me long enough and I answer my own question. It sounds like FLAC and iOS don't play nice (new to this). Shame. I ripped a load of vinyl to FLAC.

• @VirSyn I'm getting a small bug: when opening the app and using a preset I made the effects show that they are on, but they aren't. I have to turn them off then back on again for them to work. Not sure if this has been reported yet, haven't been keeping up with this thread.

• I'm seeing that bug also

• Confirmed.
    Could anyone mess with the slice sensitivity (full to min) and see if it's working?

• @1P18 said:
    @VirSyn I'm getting a small bug: when opening the app and using a preset I made the effects show that they are on, but they aren't. I have to turn them off then back on again for them to work. Not sure if this has been reported yet, haven't been keeping up with this thread.

This is still on version 1.0, so maybe it's already been fixed?

• Please make the HOLD button easier to find and use. It took me a while to locate it the other day and now I can't find it again! It would be super helpful on the main slice page...on all pages, really.

• @Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Brilliant! In a future update though it'd be nice to have the ability to export the slices and MIDI to say, Audioshare - emailing files is a bit of a faff.

Loving the updates so far though, top dev!

Yeah, I don't have email set up on my iPad so it makes this feature redundant. "Open in" would be so much better.

Other than that a top notch app again @VirSyn thanks

I don't either, I don't want email taking up space on my iPad. If there's no solution forthcoming though I'll have to setup a new email account just for this as I'd like to muck about with the > @1P18 said:

@1P18 said:
    @VirSyn I'm getting a small bug: when opening the app and using a preset I made the effects show that they are on, but they aren't. I have to turn them off then back on again for them to work. Not sure if this has been reported yet, haven't been keeping up with this thread.

This is still on version 1.0, so maybe it's already been fixed?

Yeah that was fixed in the update - delay would disappear until you turned it on and off again.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Brilliant! In a future update though it'd be nice to have the ability to export the slices and MIDI to say, Audioshare - emailing files is a bit of a faff.

Yeah, I don't have email set up on my iPad so it makes this feature redundant. "Open in" would be so much better.

I don't either, I don't want email taking up space on my iPad. If there's no solution forthcoming though I'll have to setup a new email account just for this as I'd like to muck about with the

Although I think it will put all the files in a new email as attachments anyway and then you can grab the files from there without sending anything

• @Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Jocphone said:

@MonzoPro said:

I don't either, I don't want email taking up space on my iPad. If there's no solution forthcoming though I'll have to setup a new email account just for this as I'd like to muck about with the

Although I think it will put all the files in a new email as attachments anyway and then you can grab the files from there without sending anything

Ah right that's handy.

I didn't think I'd posted that above, as I was interrupted halfway through writing it

• @Jocphone said:

Sending to myself works, but I can't copy/paste individual files from the email draft to audioshare before sending. What's the trick?

• There Is a hold Button?