Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New app: Reslice by VirSyn

Comments

• Export slices and key sync. Just what the doctor ordered!

• I cant figure out if you can play a slice per length and velocity of your touch--like blocs. i cant seem to get it to do anything but play an entire slice. sorry if this has been covered.

• Brilliant! In a future update though it'd be nice to have the ability to export the slices and MIDI to say, Audioshare - emailing files is a bit of a faff.

Loving the updates so far though, top dev!

• cant sync arp AU version in Auria
    tempo dosnt change always 120
    Can anybody say How tempo sync work?

• Maybe link to midi,
    Link in ReSlice then midiclock to auria

• @MonzoPro said:
    Brilliant! In a future update though it'd be nice to have the ability to export the slices and MIDI to say, Audioshare - emailing files is a bit of a faff.

Loving the updates so far though, top dev!

Yeah, I don't have email set up on my iPad so it makes this feature redundant. "Open in" would be so much better.

Other than that a top notch app again @VirSyn thanks

• @Bartlinux said:
    Maybe link to midi,
    Link in ReSlice then midiclock to auria

thx but it only for IAA version
    for AU it dosnt work

• Is link in AU Not active?

• @Bartlinux said:
    Is link in AU Not active?

I think Link is about connect apps not AU plug-ins.

• Oh ok thx for the Info but why connects not au?
    Is this Not posible?

• I'd say the technology behind is different. Link was designed to play differents apps and devices in time over a local network or play multiple apps on the same devices. An AUv3 needs a host and it must follow the host tempo, at least this is how it works in desktop.

• Ok thx @Ivan_Dj then auria needs link ;)

• edited January 2017

@Ivan_Dj said:

@Bartlinux said:
    Is link in AU Not active?

I think Link is about connect apps not AU plug-ins.

In AUM you can have Link enabled and the AU instances of ReSlice will sync to AUM's tempo which can be changed by changing the tempo in any Link apps in the Link network.
    The AU syncs to the host tempo.

In Cubasis, GarageBand, and modstep the tempo change sync worked but in midiSTEPs the ReSlice AU did not load correctly.

• I have been trying to import m4a audio files and there seems to be a problem. If in Audioshare you convert to wav beforehand its fine (workaround). Just a fyi, Ive emailed virsyn

The files import fine, but dont sound and when flicking between pages the slice markers are forgotten. Can be confusing!

• edited January 2017

@InfoCheck i have no Problems load reslice in midiSTEPs as au.
    What your Problem?

• @Bartlinux said:
    Ok thx @Ivan_Dj then auria needs link ;)

I guess that's every DAW needs.In the meantime, AUM and BM2 support Link right now :)

• Yeah, but bm2 filemanagment Is really shit, and the reason for me Not to use.
    But aum Is really nice.

• edited January 2017

@Bartlinux said:

@InfoCheck i have no Problems load reslice in midiSTEPs as au.
    What your Problem?

It must have be some glitch in midiSTEPs as when I opened midiSTEPs up again the ReSlice AU instances loaded correctly. I was able to replicate the glitch again by replacing instances of Jussi with ReSlice instances. ReSlice followed the tempo correctly in midiSTEPs too.

• edited January 2017

Hmm sorry that i cant help.
    But again i have no Problems with reslice or jussi in midiSTEPs

• edited January 2017

@Bartlinux said:
    Hmm sorry that i cant help.
    But again i have no Problems with reslice or jussi in midiSTEPs

When I close out and reopen midiSTEPs again everything works as expected. If I create a new file in midiSTEPs, it works as expected when AU ReSlice is loaded. I wasn't able to replicate the bug by replacing an existing AU app in midiSTEPs with a different AU app so it seems like some interaction between midiSTEPs and ReSlice.

• Nice to hear ;)

• edited January 2017

Someone noticed the crash in modstep after loading more as one instance? After several minutes of playing and changing presets au crash and dissappear. Or is this my ipad 4?

• @LeonLeroy said:
    I cant figure out if you can play a slice per length and velocity of your touch--like blocs. i cant seem to get it to do anything but play an entire slice. sorry if this has been covered.

Velocity doesn't seems to work ,but you can adjust the decay and release per slice ;)

• edited January 2017

FR:

• Midi learn for everything
    • Velocity keyboard support
    • Default option for playing slices on the waveform is changing pitch. Would love to see an option for velocity/reverse (top area normal playback/full volume, bottom reversed playback/full volume)
    • One button for attack/release .Half (upper) area controls release, bottom the attack.
    • Filter per slice:
      • Upper area controls the filter (moving from LP, BP to HP)
      • Bottom controls resonance also acting as drive.

Would like some feedback from other "Reslicers" here :)
    Love this app. I need to learn the arp (randomized spoiled me!)

• Please Sir Virsyn,
    'open in' for the export and with the wav slices all in one zip file..
    fantastic update... but .." can i have some more please? "

• so > @RockySmalls said:

Please Sir Virsyn,
    'open in' for the export and with the wav slices all in one zip file..
    fantastic update... but .." can i have some more please? "

I thought it had open in already...no?...... bummer

• i like the update so far, but what does key sync do?

• @eross I think its supposed to re-trigger the arp from the beginning regardless of where the playhead is. It works as I would expect it to when ableton link is turned off.
    @VirSyn Am I correct? if so then it doesn't seem to work properly when ableton link is active. I will demo this later.

• @gmslayton @virsyn This is the case in Addictive Pro also. With link on the key sync goes weird.

• @eross said:
    i like the update so far, but what does key sync do?

+1. I haven't even found it yet.