Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SynthMaster One

SynthMaster One available as iOS. Will be announced at SuperBooth?

Synth Anatomy video at NAMM 2017:

Comments

• Looks great. Definitely one to look forward to.

• Alright then when is "superbooth"?

• Mm this looks tasty, can't wait to bite into it!

• April 20-22.

• @Reid said:
    April 20-22.

That is a long wait! I could perish! Waaaaaa!

• edited January 2017

I posted the video in the NAMM thread too but maybe it's better here.
    Some more info from the developer (copy/paste from KVR thread):

"Hi guys,

First of all I apologize for not being able to be present on KVR recently. Because of NAMM we have been soo busy, so I just found the time in my hotel room right now to get back to you guys after NAMM ended!

SynthMaster One is a new product. It might look like a "simplified" version of SynthMaster, but it has some new features. I will walk through them one by one:

1. Reading "wavetables" from wave files: This feature doesn't exist in SynthMaster, but was added to SynthMaster One first (For SynthMaster v3.0 we'll add it of course, no worries!). While it's nice to design wavetables with up to 16 different waveforms, it is better to be able to load a wave file that contains multiple single cycle waveforms. We have an internal wavetable editor and it helped us a lot to design wavetables. We will incorporate that into SynthMaster 3.0 so that it'll have full wavetable editing capabilitieis! SynthMaster understands that a wave file contains a wavetable in 2 different ways:

1.1 -> If the file length is a multiple of 2048, it assumes the period length is 2048 samples, and the number of waveforms in the wavetable is file length/2048

1.2 -> if the file has a loop start/end points defined at 0/N, and file length is a multiple of N then SynthMaster assumes period length is N and calculates number of waveforms as file length/N.

You can throw in the wave files into Documents/SynthMasterOne/Waveforms folder and it'll detect them. With SynthMaster One we are also supporting reading subfolders under the Waveforms category so you can have subcategories for the waveforms/wavetables! I know that there are a lot of wavetables available on the public domain and now all of those can be used with SM1!

1. New waveforms & wavetables: We sampled a lot of waveforms from analog synths. We also sampled wavetables. Analog pulse waveforms were sampled as "wavetables", and also the continuous waveform of Fatty was sampled as a "wavetable". I should emphasize that we don't sample analog waveforms at a single note. we start at F#0 and sample at every 3 semitones for at least 5 octaves.

2. New noise types: the noise algorithms only exist for the sub oscillators. We added pink/brown noise and also sampled noise from analog synths.

3. New microtunings from analog synths: We analyzed the tunings of the analog samples we've taken and using them we created some scala tuning files. They realy give some characther to the sound because of their subtle deviation from ideal equal tempered tuning.

4. New factory presets: We will release SM1 with 500 factory presets around mid February. Right now the synth is done we just have to add the 2nd skin designed by VogerDesign, add the factory presets and also the user manual / video.

5. iOS support: SynthMaster One will be available as an iOS synth as well. It will even have different GUI for iPad, iPad Pro and finally iPhone since each has a different resolution! Right now the engine is already working and I am porting the UI architecture to iOS. I even wrote C# code that generates Objective C code for this very purpose :))) The iOS version will be sold for $29. Because of the price difference, it will have lower polyphony at 16 voices and the max quality setting will be Good. Also, it'll only come with 500 factory presets, it wont have the additional factory presets that we'll continue releasing after our official release mid February (the missing features/presets will be available as add-ons via In App Purchase)

The price of the synth is $79. The price might be closer to SynthMaster, but the SM1+SM2 bundle will be $129 (which was the original price of SynthMaster 2.5 back in 2011). Having said that, we'll stop selling the SynthMaster Standard Bundle and replace it with SynthMaster 1+2 bundle.

For existing SM2 users the crossgrade price will be $29, and for everything bundle users it'll be free.

Cheers eveyone!

BB"

• @Cib said:
    I posted the video in the NAMM thread too but maybe it's better here.
    Some more info from the developer (copy/paste from KVR thread):

"Hi guys,

First of all I apologize for not being able to be present on KVR recently. Because of NAMM we have been soo busy, so I just found the time in my hotel room right now to get back to you guys after NAMM ended!

SynthMaster One is a new product. It might look like a "simplified" version of SynthMaster, but it has some new features. I will walk through them one by one:

1. Reading "wavetables" from wave files: This feature doesn't exist in SynthMaster, but was added to SynthMaster One first (For SynthMaster v3.0 we'll add it of course, no worries!). While it's nice to design wavetables with up to 16 different waveforms, it is better to be able to load a wave file that contains multiple single cycle waveforms. We have an internal wavetable editor and it helped us a lot to design wavetables. We will incorporate that into SynthMaster 3.0 so that it'll have full wavetable editing capabilitieis! SynthMaster understands that a wave file contains a wavetable in 2 different ways:

1.1 -> If the file length is a multiple of 2048, it assumes the period length is 2048 samples, and the number of waveforms in the wavetable is file length/2048

1.2 -> if the file has a loop start/end points defined at 0/N, and file length is a multiple of N then SynthMaster assumes period length is N and calculates number of waveforms as file length/N.

You can throw in the wave files into Documents/SynthMasterOne/Waveforms folder and it'll detect them. With SynthMaster One we are also supporting reading subfolders under the Waveforms category so you can have subcategories for the waveforms/wavetables! I know that there are a lot of wavetables available on the public domain and now all of those can be used with SM1!

1. New waveforms & wavetables: We sampled a lot of waveforms from analog synths. We also sampled wavetables. Analog pulse waveforms were sampled as "wavetables", and also the continuous waveform of Fatty was sampled as a "wavetable". I should emphasize that we don't sample analog waveforms at a single note. we start at F#0 and sample at every 3 semitones for at least 5 octaves.

2. New noise types: the noise algorithms only exist for the sub oscillators. We added pink/brown noise and also sampled noise from analog synths.

3. New microtunings from analog synths: We analyzed the tunings of the analog samples we've taken and using them we created some scala tuning files. They realy give some characther to the sound because of their subtle deviation from ideal equal tempered tuning.

4. New factory presets: We will release SM1 with 500 factory presets around mid February. Right now the synth is done we just have to add the 2nd skin designed by VogerDesign, add the factory presets and also the user manual / video.

5. iOS support: SynthMaster One will be available as an iOS synth as well. It will even have different GUI for iPad, iPad Pro and finally iPhone since each has a different resolution! Right now the engine is already working and I am porting the UI architecture to iOS. I even wrote C# code that generates Objective C code for this very purpose :))) The iOS version will be sold for $29. Because of the price difference, it will have lower polyphony at 16 voices and the max quality setting will be Good. Also, it'll only come with 500 factory presets, it wont have the additional factory presets that we'll continue releasing after our official release mid February (the missing features/presets will be available as add-ons via In App Purchase)

The price of the synth is $79. The price might be closer to SynthMaster, but the SM1+SM2 bundle will be $129 (which was the original price of SynthMaster 2.5 back in 2011). Having said that, we'll stop selling the SynthMaster Standard Bundle and replace it with SynthMaster 1+2 bundle.

For existing SM2 users the crossgrade price will be $29, and for everything bundle users it'll be free.

Cheers eveyone!

BB"

thanks for all the details. I own synthmaster on my computer and synthmaster player on my ios. I love them both and can't wait for this on ios.
    I do have one question. Currently synth master presets on computer can be saved and shared with synthmaster player on ios ( or at least it is supposed to be possible, I have had very random result with this process.)
    Will presets made on the current version of Synthmaster, be able to be transferred to Synthmaster One on IOS, and vice versa? That is one important feature I would love to see utilized on such a powerhouse of a synth.
    keep up the great work!

• I'm just thinking too much as always...

What is the point of sampling a single cycle waves every 3 semitones? (That is what the developer mentions in the video). I mean it's hardly practical when doing pitch slides and other 'modulation type' effects?

I recall from the days when I was doing beta on a MacTracker(PlayerPro) and the most 'practical' way to transpose sampled single-cycle waves was not to use multi-samples but increase the internal re-sampling to 10x and after transposition down-sample the results to minimise aliasing. (The PlayerPro source-code is now open-source, including the re-sampling algorithms).

The other question that pops up is... Do I really need another synth???

• I buy for the built sound design / presets as much as anything. So with 500 presets for the iOS version I'm in, as long as it supports AUv3.

I wish they could offer $50 IAP to make it the full version on iOS.

• @realdavidai said:
    I buy for the built sound design / presets as much as anything. So with 500 presets for the iOS version I'm in, as long as it supports AUv3.

I wish they could offer $50 IAP to make it the full version on iOS.

+1 for full version IAP for high quality full version on IOS

• I don't get it. I own Synthmaster on ios, with most of the IAP's. As well as the DeskTop version.

I understand this will be a new product/app. What becomes of the Synthmaster I have on my ipad now?

I don't know if I will buy this new product/app. Is the one I have now still going to be updated? Useful? Just wondering, cuz I don't get it. :)

Can someone spell it out for me in Black and white. Simplify it.

Thanks.

• The synthmaster you have now is just a player with very limited editing abilities. The new synthmaster will allow for making your own patches and will have a lot more features for editing.

• @Cib, please make the iOS version AUv3 compatible, right out of the box. Otherwise, it will not be worth for me to add another synth to the many good synths I already purchased.

• definitely looks nice. I thought he said this one is a simpler version, but it looks like a deeper version to me.

• @Tritonman said:
    The synthmaster you have now is just a player with very limited editing abilities. The new synthmaster will allow for making your own patches and will have a lot more features for editing.

Ok thank you!

• @bsantoro said:
    @Cib, please make the iOS version AUv3 compatible, right out of the box. Otherwise, it will not be worth for me to add another synth to the many good synths I already purchased.

I'm not the developer :)
    I doubt it will be AUv3 because of the GUI and resources it might need.
    But who knows.

• Simpler than desktop version but more advanced than IOS version :)

@Redo1 said:
    definitely looks nice. I thought he said this one is a simpler version, but it looks like a deeper version to me.

• @Cib said:

@bsantoro said:
    @Cib, please make the iOS version AUv3 compatible, right out of the box. Otherwise, it will not be worth for me to add another synth to the many good synths I already purchased.

But who knows.

If PPG WaveGenerator and PPG WaveMapper can be AUv3 compatible; I would think that SynthMaster One could also manage it?

• @bsantoro said:

@Cib said:

@bsantoro said:

But who knows.

If PPG WaveGenerator and PPG WaveMapper can be AUv3 compatible; I would think that SynthMaster One could also manage it?

Agreed. I'm sure it can be done

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Simpler than desktop version but more advanced than IOS version :)

@Redo1 said:
    definitely looks nice. I thought he said this one is a simpler version, but it looks like a deeper version to me.

ah, understood. thanks

• Please, just tell me how to assign vibrato to the mod wheel in Synthmaster. Why is something so basic so difficult? I sent an email asking this question to SM tech support and never got an answer.

• @High5denied said:
    I don't get it. I own Synthmaster on ios, with most of the IAP's. As well as the DeskTop version.

I understand this will be a new product/app. What becomes of the Synthmaster I have on my ipad now?

I don't know if I will buy this new product/app. Is the one I have now still going to be updated? Useful? Just wondering, cuz I don't get it. :)

Can someone spell it out for me in Black and white. Simplify it.

Thanks.

It's a curious one. It is simpler than, desktop, but apples oranges as it's focused on wave, while more complex than iOS, which is a bit basic, compared to desktop, and to other iOS synths, generally. Not sure if posted above, but you can download Synthmaster One beta demo here: https://www.kv331audio.com/downloads.aspx

• @Samu; If memory serves me correctly (from my old Casio FZ1 companion guide) The Nyquist theory states that sampling notes any more than a minor third apart will result in chipmunk like artifacts,hence the three note sampling idea.

• edited January 2017

@Lady_App_titude said:
    Please, just tell me how to assign vibrato to the mod wheel in Synthmaster. Why is something so basic so difficult? I sent an email asking this question to SM tech support and never got an answer.

The controls in synth master player very from preset to preset, in some like LD AirBlower2 MS (a flute preset) the mod wheel in SynthMaster Player already controls the vibrato, in other presets this is not an option. In different presets, the mod wheel will control different parameters, it seems to be the top left knob.

• Found something fun digging around kv331audio's facebook page. Seems to be the beginnings of the iOS GUI of synthmaster one on iPad. Notice the selectors for OSC 1&2, and Filter 1&2, they are easy to miss.

• Cool, I've got so much invested into Synthmaster Orig. and I don't typically program synths, that I'm not sure if I'll get this?

• I'm hoping the new codebase gives them the opportunity to support AUv3

• edited January 2017

I'm getting excited, this might be what I have been waiting for in an iOS synth (something similar to sylenth1)
    https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=477780&start=90

• @High5denied said:
    Cool, I've got so much invested into Synthmaster Orig. and I don't typically program synths, that I'm not sure if I'll get this?

My feeling is it will be lots of fun to be able to directly get a the synth controls in the app rather than being limited to performance controls as in SM Player. The good thing about a nice synth that you can program if you wanted to but won't is that frequently people share their presets too.

• Having the arpeggiator available will be a nice plus along with being able to assign the x/y pads.