Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Newbie advice wanted.

I am now hooked by "electronic" music but most of the tech stuff goes over my head at the moment.Im using Sunrizer thro an iPad linked to a BohringerUMX25 midi controller / keyboard and fed into my sound system. The results have been encouraging so far but I have two questions please about Sunriser. Can anyone explain in simple terms how to download new banks from the internet into Sunrizer ,I've not been successful so far. Also how can I seamlessly change sounds while playing e.g when playing a piece as a solo piano I would like to introduce a fuller sound like strings . I can do this by selecting from the menu but this causes a momentary silence. Many thanks, Barrie

Comments

• Loading banks into sunrizer can be fiddly, if the open in menu doesn't show sunrizer from safari or whatever browser your using, try doing it through dropbox or what I use is an app called audioshare. I'll use the open in menu from safari to audioshare, select the bank in audioshare, then use the open in menu and select sunrizer.

AudioShare - audio document manager by Kymatica (Jonatan Liljedahl)
    https://appsto.re/gb/KjQAG.i

In regards to program changes check out this thread.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/3894/bank-select-via-midi-ios-synths/p2

• My thanks to Mister-rx . I already had Audioshare and with your advice the transfer of presets was so simple!. The change of program needs a little more understanding but I have got the basic idea after following your link. Thanks for your quick answer to my problems. Barrie

• Also, check out Jakobs video on the topic, as well as download his "Spirits" pack (which is awesome).

• This pack is worth checking out too if you haven't got it yet.

http://hgsounds.com/product/nostalgia-for-sunrizer/

• Can't get enough of Poison-202 :)
    It was just updated with a few HaQ presets...

• @Anabar79
    I have all that capability but I so rarely use it that every time I need to I tend to have to re-teach myself the procedures again.

My needs are (usually) simple.

• Thanks for the helpfull information , this is all valuable stuff .
    Cheers, Barrie

• @Anabar79 said:
    I am now hooked by "electronic" music but most of the tech stuff goes over my head at the moment.Im using Sunrizer thro an iPad linked to a BohringerUMX25 midi controller / keyboard and fed into my sound system. The results have been encouraging so far but I have two questions please about Sunriser. Can anyone explain in simple terms how to download new banks from the internet into Sunrizer ,I've not been successful so far. Also how can I seamlessly change sounds while playing e.g when playing a piece as a solo piano I would like to introduce a fuller sound like strings . I can do this by selecting from the menu but this causes a momentary silence. Many thanks, Barrie

CopyTrans for file transfer works
    iFUnbox (if it is working)
    THat is what I use. What bank are you installing?

I recommend MIDI BRIDGE and use 2 apps or use an app like Sampletank or a DAW like Cubasis in which you can play multi-timbrel scenarios

• Welcome to the forum, @Anabar79.

You also might want to spend a little time looking into Sunrizer A-B Morph Groups setup. It allows you to have two versions of sound (where 'versions' is a loose term because they can be completely different) and then use the morph slider to go from one to the other. Or the A and B buttons to jump quickly between them.

In the UTILS menu, under Synthesizer, there a few tools to copy/move settings back and forth between the groups. More info here on page 7. http://beepstreet.com/horizon_synth_manual_v1.pdf

As called out in the manual, when you start programming these for yourself, note this:

There is a special mode that allows to tweak identical parameters for both states at the same time. Press the A+B button to work that way. Optionally, you will be asked whether you want to make a copy of one group to another.

A good practice is to start working on a new preset in A+B mode and make the basic sound. Then start working on alternative settings in morph mode B.

Also, from the FAQ:

Keep in mind that if you do not hear any audible changes in the sound during knob or fader manipulation, you might be editing parameters from state A when modwheel is set to B or vice versa. This situation is always indicated by blinking of A or B diode. Switch the panel from current state to another.

One other thing to note is that only knobs and sliders can change between the two morph state. Buttons/toggle buttons like OSC type or LFO waveform and drop downs like Filter Types and the LFO destinations are locked between the groups. Even with those limitations, you can go very very far with the differences between A and B.

Thanks for this post. I forgot just how powerful of a feature this was. Wish it were available in more iOS synths!

• Phew!! So much to absorb but I'm so pleased that I asked the question . I have so much to learn about how to set up equipment etc but it's great trying different ideas and shaping sounds. I'm grateful to the members who offered advice to get me started. I've settled on Sunrizer which is even better now I know how to download new presets.
    Thanks for taking the time to help me out.
    Barrie.

• @Anabar79 said:
    Phew!! So much to absorb but I'm so pleased that I asked the question . I have so much to learn about how to set up equipment etc but it's great trying different ideas and shaping sounds. I'm grateful to the members who offered advice to get me started. I've settled on Sunrizer which is even better now I know how to download new presets.
    Thanks for taking the time to help me out.
    Barrie.

Like the man said pay it forward :)