Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auria Pro orchestral samples

Hi all.

Inspired by a conversation with someone earlier about Lyra samples, I downloaded the complete VSCO2 orchestra and installed it in Auria Pro. The latest is available from the github site (link below) as a complete zip file download. Very easy to install in the Samples directory - just unzip the zip file and copy the resulting directory over; it's already set up in a way that Auria Pro can access.

Nice thing about this over the SSO samples is that there are more articulations per instrument, where an instrument is supported. OTOH it doesn't have all the instruments that SSO has. E.g. it has solo violin with sustain, pizzicato, spicato, tremolo, vibrato, vibrato quiet, but does not have a solo cello - only a cello section. SSO by contrast has a solo cello but for its solo instruments only has sustain for cello and for violin, pizzicato, staccato and sustain.

Anyhow - here's the link.

https://github.com/sgossner/VSCO-2-CE/tree/SFZ

Go there - and on the right click the green button that says: Clone or download. Then Download ZIP. Save the zip to somewhere and then unzip it and then transfer the unzipped hierarchy somewhere where you can use iFunbox or the like or iTunes to add it to Auria Pro's Sample directory.

And here's the original page describing things:

http://vis.versilstudios.net/vsco-community.html

Caveat: Some of the samples are a little ropey IMO. Could be better. But - hey - it's another source right? :wink: Some EQ and you are doing well. Also it has some limited round robin on short samples too - which is very nice to have to avoid the machine-gun effect.

Here's a very short, very roughly played little 8 bar thing that shows pizzicato, legato and spiccato cello. Some Pro-EQ2, Pro-C (to narrow the pizzi and legato), a tad of Pro-MB and Pro-L on the output. Auria Pro's convolution reverb on BigRichHall. Just to give a sense of how some of the samples sound.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8yx7n03svjrzrxw/CelloA 1.wav?dl=0

Comments

• Very interesting and thanks for taking the time on this.

I have downloaded this Zip, quite a collection, but via iTunes there is only a 'Sampler Instruments' folder which one cannot upload to and thus am not able to play/test these at the moment. Been a fair while since I fired up Funbox but I shall dig it out...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Very interesting and thanks for taking the time on this.

I have downloaded this Zip, quite a collection, but via iTunes there is only a 'Sampler Instruments' folder which one cannot upload to and thus am not able to play/test these at the moment. Been a fair while since I fired up Funbox but I shall dig it out...

Ah... Good to know. I used iFunbox. Worked fine on Sierra + iOS 10.2 so should be compatible backwards for other combos too.

• Awesome tip there, @MusicInclusive - complete with demo! One can never have too many options, as you suggest. Thanks :+1:

• YW @eustressor - The nice thing here in particular is the larger selection (overall) of different articulations - even if not all of those articulations over every instrument.

• @MusicInclusive said:
    YW @eustressor - The nice thing here in particular is the larger selection (overall) of different articulations - even if not all of those articulations over every instrument.

Derek I can get to the desktop site on my phone but I don't see where the total size of the unzipped sample library is? Do you know?

Thanks for the cool resource brother ...

• @JRSIV said:

@MusicInclusive said:
    YW @eustressor - The nice thing here in particular is the larger selection (overall) of different articulations - even if not all of those articulations over every instrument.

Derek I can get to the desktop site on my phone but I don't see where the total size of the unzipped sample library is? Do you know?

Thanks for the cool resource brother ...

Should have mentioned that - thanks :+1: .

3.1GB

• Quick note. I mentioned iTunes above. Not sure you can do the copy into the Sampler Instruments folder in iTunes. Just looked and it seems to put it at the top level. I had used iFunbox (Sierra and iOS 10.2 - still working OK for this) and it worked OK. If someone knows of a way to move the samples to the Sampler Instruments folder via an iTunes route, do please LMK so I can share that with others who aren't in the AB forums too. Thx! :+1:

• Thank you, Derek!

• @JohnnyGoodyear
    iTunes can be gamed: copy the samples folder (if this is where the folder structure you need is hiding) from the app onto desktop, open it there and place your folder in the structure where you need it to live, then move it back into the app, and say "yes" when iTunes ask you if you want this one to replace the one already in there...

• @Littlewoodg said:
    @JohnnyGoodyear
    iTunes can be gamed: copy the samples folder (if this is where the folder structure you need is hiding) from the app onto desktop, open it there and place your folder in the structure where you need it to live, then move it back into the app, and say "yes" when iTunes ask you if you want this one to replace the one already in there...

Will take a look skipper....and thanks for the nudge.

• @JohnnyGoodyear you can add the instruments to Auria using Audioshare.

Create a zip file with the following folder structure:

Sampler Instruments --> Whatever your new instrument is called

Import the zip into Audioshare using Dropbox or whatever, from there use Open In to send it to Auria. Auria should then unpack it all into the right place.

More details:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/183066/#Comment_183066

• Many thanks!

• @richardyot said:
    @JohnnyGoodyear you can add the instruments to Auria using Audioshare.

Import the zip into Audioshare using Dropbox or whatever, from there use Open In to send it to Auria. Auria should then unpack it all into the right place.

More details:

Oh. This sounds more within my limited compass. Thanks much for the map. I must be honest and also add that my delay in stuffing another three gigs of sound into the machine has led me this morning to wondering how much I will use them. We are (I am) such a magpie, a part of me completely separate I realize now from the songwriter bloke. Just must collect more things.... Still good to know, and to have....(says the magpie :))

• It's funny though isn't it, everyone complains about having too many options to get things done, but yet we all keep collecting apps.

• edited January 2017

That's what I did - using AudioShare, and thanks to that, I could do everything from inside the iPad, because I have a download-enabled browser installed, Amerigo.

@richardyot said:

More details:

• @theconnactic said:
    That's what I did - using AudioShare, and thanks to that, I could do everything from inside the iPad, because I have a download-enabled browser installed, Amerigo.

Hmmm. I looked up Amerigo. Came to the French app store. When I tried to find it on the US store it wasn't giving me anything. Is it available in the US? Doesn't seem to be.

• edited January 2017

Chrome IOS allows you to download and open in after downloaded.
    I just do this.

• @Santosgera said:
    I just do this.

Good to know.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Santosgera said:
    I just do this.

Good to know.

:+1: Thanks @Santosgera

• edited January 2017

Thanks to you, @MusicInclusive for the link. The samples already are in Auria Pro through Audio Share. :D

• Thanks for pointing me to this resource!! a great collection of WAV samples to feed my samplers

• 'Icab' lets you download and export etc

• Someone elsewhere had suggested also looking at the Virtual Playing Orchestra collection - which is a mashup of SSO, VSCO2 and others that seeks to provide a consistent set of broader articulations across more instruments. I downloaded it and put it in Auria Pro, but, I have to say, I'm not really impressed with what the author has done with it (unless of course I'm "using it wrong" :smiley: - always possible :wink: )

I actually prefer the standalone samples from either SSO or VSCO2. There are, it appears to me, some strange artifacts with the VPO collection. I'd be interested in others' opinions who have done similar side-by-side comparisons, but, as it stands although I'll probably leave it on for a while to test it, I'm happier with either SSO or VSCO2.

http://virtualplaying.com/virtual-playing-orchestra/

• Also - if you do use the SSO samples in Auria Pro, there are some issues addressed in the thread I made over on the Auria Pro forums.

http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=14979

• So, ^^^^^ as you can see :wink: I haven't given up entirely on using such samples in Auria Pro, but very much as an adjunct to other kinds of tracks that I might be producing where they're a complement for some of the piece - and not stuck inside, e.g. SampleTank in a single instance (involving serial multitracking to complete) , or inaccessible from Auria Pro, e.g. stuck inside GarageBand requiring wav exporting to import into Auria Pro - preferring creating complete orchestral works in Notion instead.

• Mercury Web Browser Pro - with powerful Ad Block extension by Lucy Ding
    https://appsto.re/gb/fLbP7.i

• @theconnactic said:

@richardyot said:

More details:

If you do this more than once does it overwrite the first instruments or add the second ones?

• @BiancaNeve said:

@theconnactic said:

@richardyot said:

More details:

If you do this more than once does it overwrite the first instruments or add the second ones?

If you use the same directory name it will overwrite. NP.