Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New app: Reslice by VirSyn

Comments

• @Proto said:

@nick said:

@iamspoon said:
    I know I should be into this, but somehow not feeling it yet. Could it be the slightly drab colour scheme?
    more demos please peeps!

haha, I thought I was the only one who buys music apps based on their color scheme

Seems like you never used AudioReverb by VirSyn. Its the best looking au at the moment with a beautiful graphic equalizer. Reverb also sounds top notch like all apps from VirSyn.
    Buy that one if you like watching different colors jumping up and down.

I don't understand the logic of your post but I agree VirSyn's AudioReverb sonds and looks good.
    And for the record, I don't think Reslice looks ugly at all.

• this app has moved to the top of my list of all time
    favorite apps. so fun. one feature request i'd like to see would be a way to transpose the arp sequence that is playing back. to have the arp running, and to be able to push a couple buttons( say similar to the way Trouble maker has octave and semitones buttons up or down). that would top this app off.

• @nick said:

Sorry Nick, I quoted the wrong post. My bad.

• Anyone tested the MIDI clock sync?
    (Would like to start/stop from Cubase on PC.)
    Cheers.

• brexit bump :p

• When I try to import loops from Garageband via AudioShare, I just get a blank loop with no wav data. I am exporting uncompressed AIFF. Are there format/quality limitations to consider?

• does it import from your iTunes music library?
    and an app like this really needs to be able to create loops itself in the app, that means trimming start and end points to seamless fashion, you wouldn't wan't to have to export to another app for this and then reimport back into this app.... does it have these things?

• It has a recorder ;)

• which is highly commendable :), but what about creating and exporting seamless loops from within this loop slicing app?

• edited January 2017

@eross said:
    this app has moved to the top of my list of all time
    favorite apps. so fun. one feature request i'd like to see would be a way to transpose the arp sequence that is playing back. to have the arp running, and to be able to push a couple buttons( say similar to the way Trouble maker has octave and semitones buttons up or down). that would top this app off.

Same request here. And/or an 'offset all' control on the slice editing page so that you could transpose them all (or lower the decay on all or...). I say offset because I'd want to be able to get back to the original settings with their relative values the same.

Would also be exceedingly happy making if the individual ARP tracks had a velocity control.

• Can anyone tell me if it's possible to do chords with the arpeggiator?

• @kobamoto said:
    does it import from your iTunes music library?
    and an app like this really needs to be able to create loops itself in the app, that means trimming start and end points to seamless fashion, you wouldn't wan't to have to export to another app for this and then reimport back into this app.... does it have these things?

ReSlice doesn't do any of those things. It requires audio already available to load into it and this works very well with AudioShare.

• edited January 2017

@kobamoto said:
    which is highly commendable :), but what about creating and exporting seamless loops from within this loop slicing app?

Not that I'm aware of. It would be a pretty killer feature to have Addictive Synths's 4 track looper and timed recorder in this app, no doubt. Or use Loopy. :)

• @syrupcore said:
    Can anyone tell me if it's possible to do chords with the arpeggiator?

There are several ways, but none of them straightforward.

1. Go to the Keys tab and select "all" on a step, then every key you have pressed will fire to make a chord (assuming they go together harmonically).
    2. Since there are 4 loopers, you can have each of them fire four harmonically matching slices at the same time.
    3. Use the 4 loopers and pitch scaling to make a chord out of a single slice.

Nice to know it can be done, but I wouldn't base my workflow around it.

• edited January 2017

@syrupcore said:

@eross said:
    this app has moved to the top of my list of all time

Same request here. And/or an 'offset all' control on the slice editing page so that you could transpose them all (or lower the decay on all or...). I say offset because I'd want to be able to get back to the original settings with their relative values the same.

Yeah that'd be nice - pitch control via the slice editor would benefit from more accurate controls.

It'd also be good if the pitch/envelope/etc. slice settings were retained when you load in a new sample - at the moment they reset to default which can sound horrible in the middle of a performance. The first thing I do is knock down the decay and release values.

• edited January 2017

Everytime I stop in around these parts it ends up costing me fiat currency dammit !!!

Awesome app, now to get a semblance of a handle on how to run it before Sunday's gig.
    Instant joy with an imported sample, the arpeggiator running & AB'd > Frobulator.

• does it have both midi in and out?
    and did somebody say there is no delete yet?

• @VirSyn - it'd be handy if the IAA controls were moved in the next update - it's really hard to edit decay times, for example, on the fly as the slice edit buttons are partially obscured. I keep being thrown back to AUM while trying to select them. Thanks.

• I wish Reslice supported a solo mode for each slice so we can control the pitch using the keyboard like a normal sampler. Some more loop options like forward/rewind looping for a slice is also welcome. If the solo mode is supported it can also replace samplers like lyra and cubasis mini sampler.
    Its all about the arp the way it is now and expected a bit more options. Its a nice app, but it could be a killer app if this is added in the future.

• good ideas

• +1 for looping (and can we move the slice markers while it's looping). It's an amazing app as it is though. I mean, 4 pages in AU mode, thats impressive. Congrats @VirSyn

• Reslice + Chordmap 2 = Really really nice !

• @Bartlinux said:
    Reslice + Chordmap 2 = Really really nice !

>
    how do you like Chordmap2 ? I'm thinking about buying it

• edited January 2017

Chordmap 2 is really nice, to find Chords And also to use for Inspiration.
    Its Easy to Play And find Really Easy a Musical Structur.

But for more infos Check put Please The Chordmap 2 Tread here in the forum.

• edited January 2017

@MonzoPro said:
    @VirSyn - it'd be handy if the IAA controls were moved in the next update - it's really hard to edit decay times, for example, on the fly as the slice edit buttons are partially obscured. I keep being thrown back to AUM while trying to select them. Thanks.

It is possible to partially hide the IAA Transport so only the tab shows. I'm on an iPhone 6 Plus. In a few apps you can move the entire IAA Transport to another area. @VirSyn there's a bug . If you select the VirSyn logo then come back main screen the IAA Transport completely disappears.

• @MonzoPro said:
    @VirSyn - it'd be handy if the IAA controls were moved in the next update - it's really hard to edit decay times, for example, on the fly as the slice edit buttons are partially obscured. I keep being thrown back to AUM while trying to select them. Thanks.

already working on a bug fix update here. This one is already done...

• @philowerx said:

@MonzoPro said:

It is possible to partially hide the IAA Transport so only the tab shows. I'm on an iPhone 6 Plus. In a few apps you can move the entire IAA Transport to another area. @VirSyn there's a bug . If you select the VirSyn logo then come back main screen the IAA Transport completely disappears.

This is on an Air 2, if you click the tab it still covers the slice buttons.

@VirSyn said:

@MonzoPro said:

already working on a bug fix update here. This one is already done...

Brilliant, thanks. Love the app!

• Loving the app, great fun - just some feedback after testing things on the arp.

It looks like if you use the app as IAA in a DAW host (i.e. Cubasis), the arp playhead will start at the same point each time you play which is great for repeatable performance. If you just send midi to the app, without IAA, the arp will be free running albeit at the same speed, but will not trigger from start of loop when DAW starts. Kinda threw me without the IAA, but looks OK with. Not tried AU but think someone mentioned the arp doesn't work in AU..

• @skoptic said:
    Loving the app, great fun - just some feedback after testing things on the arp.

It looks like if you use the app as IAA in a DAW host (i.e. Cubasis), the arp playhead will start at the same point each time you play which is great for repeatable performance. If you just send midi to the app, without IAA, the arp will be free running albeit at the same speed, but will not trigger from start of loop when DAW starts. Kinda threw me without the IAA, but looks OK with. Not tried AU but think someone mentioned the arp doesn't work in AU..

The arp does work in AU.