Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

My initial thoughts on Audiobus

edited December 2012 in Support and Feedback

Thank You!! Thank You!! Thank You!! Thank You!! Thank You!! Thank You!! Thank You!! Thank You!! Thank You!! Thank You!! Thank You!! Thank You!!

And in case I didn't make it clear enough:
Thank you.

Comments

• Dude. It's seriously THAT good.

• Because we were going for exactly that, dude! :D

• Ok, so I've had the whole day to play now, and I gotta say, I'm beyond impressed. There's a group of bass players on Talkbass that have gotten together to discuss iOS DI solutions for bassists, and we've been extremely frustrated by the lack of support from Amplitube iOS and have been looking for a viable replacement.
    Now, with Jamup, Audiobus, and Multitrack DAW, we no longer have any reason to line IK Multimedia's pockets when they don't support us. Jamup has done more for us in the last two months than IK has since the launch of Amplitube iOS and Irig.
    Several of us are deleting Amplitube from our devices today. Thank you.

• edited December 2012

I agree with Rip Topaz.
    We (me, Rip and several others) are a group of bass players which are very active iOS users and members of the TalkBass forum.
    We are right now using Jamup XT/Jamup XT Pro from Positive Grid with Audiobus and Multitrack DAW in order to record our work. My first impression? Very impressive!!
    Here is a short clip where I use a Rickenbacker 4003, an Apogee Jam interface, Audiobus, Jamup XT PRo as effect and Multitrack DAW as a recorder:

Please feel welcome to follow our Jamup XT bassgroup which from now will also (obviously) contain Audiobus + Multitrack DAW

• I agree with Rip also. IK is pretty awful. I was thinking on release day that they'll probably never add Audiobus support, too greedy. I'm guessing they'll go all copy cat and make a AudioBus imposter that only works with IK's products.

As for JamUp, it's awesome. I prefer Ampkit+ as it just sounds better and has way more control then JamUp and you gotta love that Peavey is working with Ampkit. The guys at Agile have said they are going to try their hardest to add Audiobus as soon as they get the SDK (they may have it already) so that'll rock.

• I've read in the IK forum that Brian or Obi said that Audiobus "might just turn out to be a moot". They/ he claim that the iOS 6 have this function implemented or something like that.
    I have quite enough with IK multimeida, I've been one of their strongest supporters in the TalkBass forum. But they never answer my (or Rip's questions) properly, they just come out with the usual answers as "we look into that" etc. And lately the deleted some of my posts in the IK multimedia. My post I will claim were fair and informative.
    Anyway, Jamup + Audiobus + Multitrack DAW are what I'll focus on from now.
    Ampkit sound great and have lots of option regarding mic's and cabs, but the bass amps there have a bit "boxy" sound. Actually my favorite amp on Ampkit for bass is the Fergan Super Collider :)

Btw, a short question, how do I turn Audiobus off after I use it?? I haven't found any off function.

• edited December 2012

@duke21 I like the Ashdown amp for bass on Ampkit. So rich.

To turn it off after you are done you have to do it the sh**ty apple way, i think.. Double tap the square button from your 'desktop' and the open apps display comes up at the bottom.. hold the Audiobus icon till it jiggles and then touch the "-".

• Thanks Ryan!
    I like the Ashdown ABM 900, but it is a bit too boomy for me. I like lots of high mids n my tone and some OD... :)

• No probs @Duke21 :-) It may be differences in our basses that effect how they sound through the various amps as well. I have a generic cheap bass and it really needs the kick the Ashdown gives. Not that the collider isn't without it's charm of course. I haven't purchased any of JamUp's bass stuff.. I'm guessing it's worth the money?

• Yes, the Jamup bass pack is very good. It was not that good a month ago, but two "minor bug fixes" from Positive Grid changed everything. There is a Lovely SWR Redhead, a great gritty SVT Blue line etc. Great stuff!

• Nice. I was just listening to your sound cloud. Does sound good. Purchased. Thanks man. :-)

• After the treatment (and lack of treatment) by IK, we've found our replacement in Audiobus->Jamup-> MT DAW.
    Any time we've asked IK for bass stuff, we get "we've got stuff in the works", only to see nothing.
    With Positive Grid, well those guys are just cool. You can tell they are also musicians, not just sleazy salespeople.
    IK will not get another dollar from me. They've outlived their usefulness.
    And I agree. They won't support Audiobus because they want us to use only their products, so we're supposed to be happy with what they give us.
    I'm not content with that, and the support from Positive Grid speaks volumes. I'm in it for the long haul with Positive Grid, Jamup and Audiobus. Who needs Amplitube? Not me.

• I gotta say.. It's nice to know I'm not the only one sick of IK's crap.

• Not by a long shot, brother. There's a whole group of us that are totally fed up. We've been blown off by them every time we ask anything about bass gear, and even had our posts on their forum removed when we suggested that there were other options out there than IK if they didn't want to support their customers.

• edited December 2012

I'm very happy that last night I've found a solution to a tone I liked a lot in AT iOS where I've used B15R with the Møller OD. But last night I've tried the B15 with the TurboRat in Jamup, and it sounded great with my Ric.

Again AudioBus with MT DAW sound great.
    I'm quite happy I didn't buy AT 3 or anything in the desktop version.

• An other short take using AudioBus, Jamup and MT DAW:

• Great clips as always, Duke. Thanks for posting. I like the B15/Rat tone better.

• Thanks Rip!! Good to know my clips are useful and are not spam!!! :)

• And here is yet a new clip, this time I've tried a play along in MT DAW, Jamup XT as effect, Apogee Jam interface: