Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New app: Reslice by VirSyn

Comments

• @VirSyn said:

@Carnbot said:
    I can see why people want slice export. But this is an instrument not an editor. But perhaps one day....I'd be more interested to see other ways of playing the samples take priority over that in development.

That was exactly the point. But while playing around with it i put slice export ( together with exporting midi notes for the timing of the slices ) on my own wishlist for the next version.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Play around in Reslice with a sample and see what slices work nicely together, add a few effects and some envelope stuff maybe...

And then export those slices to Gadget or similar for actual use in a track.

MIDI notes export would be even more of a bonus.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Why wouldn't the slices be assigned to pads rather than keys, I wonder?
    @Matt_Fletcher_2000 I know you're bummed about no slice export, but can you not use this as a midi instrument? What do you need to export the slices for? (Not being caustic; just wondering!)
    This sounds cool to me.

I want to chop a sample into slices and then easily export those slices to pads in Bilbao to use in my Gadget compositions.

Wouldn't Abu Dhabi work for that?

Kind of. But:

• No transient detection
    • Very fiddly to adjust slices
    • Slices can't overlap (not sure if they can in ReSlice)
    • 10 sec limit on the sample
  • @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Why wouldn't the slices be assigned to pads rather than keys, I wonder?
    @Matt_Fletcher_2000 I know you're bummed about no slice export, but can you not use this as a midi instrument? What do you need to export the slices for? (Not being caustic; just wondering!)
    This sounds cool to me.

I want to chop a sample into slices and then easily export those slices to pads in Bilbao to use in my Gadget compositions.

Wouldn't Abu Dhabi work for that?

Kind of. But:

• No transient detection
    • Very fiddly to adjust slices
    • Slices can't overlap (not sure if they can in ReSlice)
    • 10 sec limit on the sample

Guilty as charged.

• Wow. Just bought it 10 mins ago.

I get it now.

It's the arp. It's all about the arp.

The 4 play head thing is amazing.

This needs to be sending midi out! Does the Virsyn arp app do anything like this? If so I'm buying that (although sadly it's not for iPhone).

• I still can't work out how the arp works in this. I know how to move things around but I can't make a connection with the keys I press, and how they interact with the arp sequence.

Not a criticism of the app, I just need to watch a tutorial...

Wow. Just bought it 10 mins ago.

I get it now.

This needs to be sending midi out! Does the Virsyn arp app do anything like this? If so I'm buying that (although sadly it's not for iPhone).

multiple instances of reslicer = multiple goodness :)

Wow. Just bought it 10 mins ago.

I get it now.

It's the arp.... :)

• @MonzoPro said:
    I still can't work out how the arp works in this. I know how to move things around but I can't make a connection with the keys I press, and how they interact with the arp sequence.

Look at the "key" tab on the arp. The numbers on the timeline represent how many keys have to be pressed before that point in the timeline fires. If you only have one key pressed down, then you'll only get a sound on those "1" cells in the loop. Press three keys and every point with a "3" or lower fires, etc.. Once I got that figured out, everything else was downhill. Or just put them on "all" at the bottom and worry about it later.

• @aaronpc said:

@MonzoPro said:
    I still can't work out how the arp works in this. I know how to move things around but I can't make a connection with the keys I press, and how they interact with the arp sequence.

Look at the "key" tab on the arp. The numbers on the timeline represent how many keys have to be pressed before that point in the timeline fires. If you only have one key pressed down, then you'll only get a sound on those "1" cells in the loop. Press three keys and every point with a "3" or lower fires, etc.. Once I got that figured out, everything else was downhill. Or just put them on "all" at the bottom and worry about it later.

Ah good tip, thanks :)

• edited January 2017

@aaronpc said:

@MonzoPro said:

Holy shit. Here I was thinking key was, you know, somehow, key :) Huge nudge. Thanks.

• edited January 2017

Well, rereading my post there are inaccuracies(still figuring it out myself), but the seeds of truth are there:

Basically, if you don't have, say, 5 keys pressed, whatever note you have assigned to "5" will not fire. Also, if you set every step to "all", the slice assigned to every key you have depressed will fire on every step— probably not optimum.

Anyway... dive in. The way everything's intertwined with this arp is reminding me of Cream Mobile. Not in a bad way, though. With great power comes great responsibility, yadda yadda.

• @aaronpc said:
    Well, rereading my post there are inaccuracies(still figuring it out myself), but the seeds of truth are there:

Basically, if you don't have, say, 5 keys pressed, whatever note you have assigned to "5" will not fire. Also, if you set every step to "all", the slice assigned to every key you have depressed will fire on every step— probably not optimum.

Anyway... dive in. The way everything's intertwined with this arp is reminding me of Cream Mobile. Not in a bad way, though. With great power comes great responsibility, yadda yadda.

I'm getting the hang of it now - the trick is to start with just one track/sequence, as it's easier to see what's going on.

Smashing.

• @MonzoPro said:

@kobamoto said:
    does the app have swing/ negative swing?

It's got 50% - 75% swing and you can change the gate time too.

thanks again monzo.... purchased.

• so will they implement time stretching is I guess the obvious question and will they hopefully make it optional so that you can use it or not if you like?

• How long will this introductory price last?

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    How long will this introductory price last?

No info on their site. I sent a tweet, and I'll tag them here @VirSyn ^^^

• edited January 2017

btw they got back to me on Facebook...... :)
    love the devs who communicate...

• @ExAsperis99 said:

Considerably longer than my willpower.

Picked it up ... 4 instances in AUM + Miscellaneous noisemakers = Commute? What commute?

• @TheVimFuego said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Picked it up ... 4 instances in AUM + Miscellaneous noisemakers = Commute? What commute?

+1

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@TheVimFuego said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

+1

I just foresee hours of planning the correct workflow. Somebody show me a video of this working in a daw or sequencer! Quick, before Korg drops the new gadgets!!!

• edited January 2017

This app is lovely. Bravo @VirSyn, bravo.

• @1P18 said:

Are you being ironic? Confused. This is cinema's most famous forced clap for a dreadful performance!?

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@1P18 said:

Are you being ironic? Confused. This is cinema's most famous forced clap for a dreadful performance!?

By golly you're right. Edited for correction. :)

• @1P18 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@1P18 said:

By golly you're right. Edited for correction. :)

Ha! Fantastic. If Travis approves, I'm in!

• I caved. Gotta get that intro price. Will take her for a test drive when my next set of batteries arrives for my interface. Excited to make some cooll crazy vocal stuff

• @ExAsperis99 just grab it. I will show you an example when I am a bit more free. Just a bit too busy to record videos currently. But I can promise you there will be a video with AUM hosting and modstep driving it very soon. Along with VoxSyn to make extremely glitched out robot singing. Atleast that's the theory in my head. Will have to see how well it works in practice when I get time lol. Might just record a sloppy first time testing video and post that if I'm too lazy.

• Done. Goodnight comrades.

• edited January 2017

Spent less time working and earning a living and more hours messing with this app than was healthy yesterday, but it gets a 5 star award in the Fun category - which is important as it makes me want to use it more.

So far the most usable results I've had have come from manipulating short processed beats, ambient guitar clips (rejiggled and re-pitched) and vocal clips (a @johnnygoodyear one was particularly fun to mess with, but I won't post the results). Keeping things simple track-wise helps too - just the one or two arps, and using the keyboard more. Worst results were complicated long song samples with four apps running - that way madness lies. Still...

• edited January 2017

@studs1966 said:

>

Well done, @studs1966. The demo is almost like a Doug video. Hopefully one of those will appear soon or Jakob Haq will get his creative hands on this app.

I think I'll grab it now, trysting VirSyn to add the features under discussion.

• @aaronpc said:

When playing last night it looked like the arp started running from 1st key press, but didn't retrigger after any extra key press. I wanted it to retrigger but can't see how - anyone know if possible. Will try the key thing later.